• Etereo_Abisso

You've got to listen to Atheist (I recommend you Elements), Cryptopsy (the old stuff), Carcass (Heartwork), Pestilence (Spheres), Behemoth (Demigod, Thelema 6), Nile and Immolation. I think this bands are very important to have a good comprehension of the genre

24 Oct 2008, 10:30
  • Justd1e

Needs moar Battalion unt Bolt Thrower

24 Oct 2008, 17:45
  • themusicsaint

I'm more interested in Old School DM for now. Thanks for the recs anyway.

24 Oct 2008, 18:35
  • Beef_Doughnut

Adramelech - Psychostasia Creepmime - Shadows Deteriorot - In Ancient Beliefs Immolation - Close to a World Below Liers In Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art Miasma - Changes Mordicus - Dances from Left Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity Sorrow - Hatred and Disgust

24 Oct 2008, 21:08
  • themusicsaint

I'll check out Immolation first and see if it works for me.

25 Oct 2008, 15:56
  • themusicsaint

Adramelech's Psychostasia was awesome!

27 Oct 2008, 7:03
  • themusicsaint

I was advised against checking Gorguts when I'm so early into DM. I desperately need to get Left Hand Path...fuck...Clandestine was killer!. I have God Macabre and Necrophobic already. Need to get the others. Thanks.

27 Oct 2008, 17:36
  • themusicsaint

Right, I'll get Ripping Corpse first and then go through your recs one by one.

27 Oct 2008, 20:52
  • FromHeartache

Recommendation for Deicide : Divine Empire Dismember : Deranged and try these old scholl buffers Mastification

28 Oct 2008, 17:30
  • themusicsaint

Any BDM albums similar to Azarath's Diabolic Impious Evil?

8 Nov 2008, 16:51
  • smooker

Azarath's Demon Seed is great. Check also: Hell-Born - Legacy of the Nephilim Imperator - The Time Before Time (old school) Belphegor - Lucifer Incestus or Goatreich - Fleshcult.

10 Nov 2008, 9:59
  • MetalHead093

Akercocke's Antichrist is pretty damned good

14 Nov 2008, 1:34
  • DarkRadu

How 'bout checking out Abysmal Torment, for some BDM? Also, one of the best death metal albums of 2008, apart from Cardiac Arrest's "Cadaverous Presence" may be Crypticus - "They Called Me Mad!". Fuckin' intense, varied riffing.

6 Dic 2008, 23:04
  • dunkelhe1t

Disincarnate/Dreams of the Carrion Kind... should be what your looking for.

8 Ene 2009, 17:08
  • dunkelhe1t

btw id ignore and stay well clear of them bands CountRingworm recomended.

8 Ene 2009, 17:09
  • themusicsaint

LOL. Me too. Most of what he recommended was of the experimental/technical/progressive type which is not what I'm looking for at the moment. But once I'm done with exploring enough old school and brutal DM (which seems endless so far), I'll go through his recommendations one by one.

9 Ene 2009, 0:52
  • themusicsaint

By the way, thanks for your recommendation. Disincarnate seems interesting. I'll get it ASAP.

9 Ene 2009, 0:56
  • sipoflife

you heard all this and didn't listen to THE most brutal band on earth?!?!? blasphemy!....BLOODBATH!!!!....try "Resurrection Through Carnage", "Nightmares Made Flesh" and "Breeding Death EP".....

9 Ene 2009, 10:30
  • themusicsaint

Okay! Okay! Okay! I'll listen to it by this week end. Be rest assured, if I don't like it, you mallus will get a kick in the arse! :D

9 Ene 2009, 12:41
  • CallumJBS

BOLT THROWER

12 Ene 2009, 12:59
  • end_y

Some more recommendations if you like: Vomitory - Blood Rapture Death Breath - Stinking Up the Night Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds

15 Ene 2009, 22:48
  • themusicsaint

I'm finally listening to Gorguts. Considered Dead is the album. I'm cursing myself for not checking them out much earlier. This is straight up OSDM and not the technical shit I was expecting (that's probably Obscura). I'll be getting all their albums including Obscura within the next coupla days. Thanks for all the previous comments. And yes, I checked out Bloodbath. Not so impressed to be honest. But decent for whatever it is.

17 Ene 2009, 2:49

BTW, ROFL @ ze most brutal band comment. :P

17 Ene 2009, 2:50
  • yougotdateraped

AUTOPSYAUTOPSYAUTOPSYAUTOPSY!!!! ...also check out Massacre (US) and Massacra. From the brutal thrash stuff DEMOLITION HAMMER and MORBID SAINT are obligatory.

19 Ene 2009, 22:15
  • themusicsaint

I already heard Autopsy, Morbid Saint and Demolition Hammer long back. Anyway, I made this journal for death metal alone...not brutal thrash. Also updating from my previos posts, I heard all Gorguts albums including Obscura. Still need more listens to judge that album but I can say that it's not the unbearable wanky stuff that I had expected. The pre-Obscura stuff own too.

20 Ene 2009, 1:43
  • DarkRadu

Definately check out Xysma, the first EPs. Sleazy, noisy and repulsive.

20 Ene 2009, 12:58
  • MetalHead093

Get Sarcofago's "I.N.R.I."

27 Ene 2009, 4:14
  • MetalHead093

Also, get Suffocation's "Pierced From Within" and "Despise The Sun"

27 Ene 2009, 4:15
  • themusicsaint

Sarcofago is blackened thrash and I have already heard I.N.R.I. anyway. I have Suffocation's 'Pierced From Within' as well. 'Despise The Sun'...hmm, will look into it.

27 Ene 2009, 15:09
  • dunkelhe1t

Sickening Gore - Destructive Reality Hard to find, totally worth it :)

29 Ene 2009, 18:51
  • themusicsaint

Have heard both Acid Witch and Hooded Menace. Cianide, I think I heard one split by them.

6 Feb 2009, 8:52
  • venomdeath

Pretty good list..... These just pop into my mind apart from the ones already mentioned........ Asphyx - Last one On Earth Vomitory - Raped in their own blood NunSlaughter - Hells Unholy Fire

6 Feb 2009, 19:07
  • themusicsaint

Have hells unholy fire. In fact, one of the first DM albums I heard. Will try to get the remaining two

6 Feb 2009, 19:12
  • HumanRejection

[quote]you heard all this and didn't listen to THE most brutal band on earth?!?!?[/quote] Mate, bloodbath are the most known but not THE most brutal lol. You got some sweet stuff here dude. I would try stuff like. Rottrevore and Slaughter Brute...

24 May 2009, 18:32
  • ficlh

where is vomitory?

24 Ago 2009, 18:02
  • Vlisk

Chemical Breath (Fatal Exposure), Phantasm (The Abominable), Accidental Suicide (Deceased), Atomic Aggressor (Rise of the Ancient Ones), Dr. Shrinker (Wedding the Grotesque), Bloodsoaked (Frost Image), Molested (Blod-Draum) Maybe I'm too late with this, but there they are any way.

15 Dic 2010, 23:54
  • pateewack

Dude...no one on here mentioned Grave 'Into The Grave' - a MUST have...

16 Abr 2011, 3:22
Dejar un comentario. Entra en Last.fm o regístrate (es gratis).