Put your music player on shuffle
Post the first 40 songs that come up. You can repeat artists if you want. If you have any repeats, skip to the next track.
02. For Duster [The Blues] - Fleetwood Mac
03. You Found Me
04. Staying Together
05. Down So Long
06. Everytime You Touch Her
07. A Question of Time
08. Radio Free Europe
09. American Science
10. Now This Is Fun
11. L.a. Song
13. Cross My Broken Heart
14. Sex and Candy
15. For My Broken Heart
16. We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)
17. Candle In The Wind (Live)
18. Miss You Much
19. Head Over Heels
20. Blasphemous Rumours
21. Get Up and Go
22. Ready to Go
23. Never Give Up on the Good Times
24. A Little Respect
25. Dress You Up
26. Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
27. Get the Balance Right!
28. Everyday Is a Winding Road
29. Kind of Woman
30. Fast Car
32. Bad Connection
33. Every Breath You Take
34. Queen of the Night
35. Only You
36. Truly Madly Deeply
38. You Are
39. Love Thing
40. New Sensation
1. Which song do you prefer, #1 or #40?
#1, by far. I like INXS, but Depeche Mode pwns.
2. Have you ever listened to #12 continuously on repeat?
Duh, lol. *points to DM stats on main page*
3. What album is #26 from?
You know, I'm not actually sure. I think it's from "Let It Loose".
4. What do you think about the artist who did #15?
Even though country isn't really my thing anymore, I still have a soft spot in my heart for Reba McEntire.
5. Is #19 one of your favorite songs?
It's a good 80s tune, but not in my top 20.
6. Who does #38 remind you of?
An old friend named JT who was OBSESSED with Christine McVie. I haven't talked to him in forever though.
7. Does #20 have better lyrics or music?
It's hard to call with DM. The lyrics are fantastic, but the music is what pulls it together.
8. Do any of your friends like #3?
Yeah, Dasha and Andrea both love Kelly Clarkson's stuff.
9. Is #33 from a movie soundtrack?
I'm sure it's been on a movie soundtrack before, but I couldn't pull one off the top of my head.
10. Is #18 overplayed on the radio?
Not really, Janet Jackson doesn't get much play these days on mainstream.
11. What does #21 remind you of?
Uh, I don't really have any long-term memories attached to it. Good song, though.
12. Which song do you prefer, #5 or #22?
22, definitely. The Republica song is good, but I just love Jewel.
13. What album is #17 from?
I'm not actually sure, it's from some live show that Elton John did in 1986.
14. When did you first hear #39?
The first time that I bought the Spice Girls' first album, I suppose.
15. When did you first hear #7?
Ages ago, when I didn't know who they were and they would play Enjoy The Silence all the time.
16. What genre is #8?
I've been told it's "jangle pop", but I prefer college rock.
17. Do any of your friends like #14?
I think some of them do.
18. What color does #4 remind you of?
Blue, because of the album it's from. (namely Out of the Blue
19. Have you ever blasted #11 on your stereo?
Not really, L.A. Song is not one you blast on a stereo.
20. What genre is #37?
Back in the day it was known as "synth pop", but these days it's more alternative. Well, ok it's still synth pop.
21. Can you play #13 on any instrument?
lmao, god no.
22. What is your favorite lyric from #30?
"You got a fast car, fast enough so we could fly away."
23. What is your favorite lyric from #23?
"Bossa nova baby
heart is never soul
Shouting but he's never heard
Eyes are wide and open
Streets are paved with gold
Someone's come back on their word"
24. Would you recommend #24 to your friends?
Yes! A few of them already listen to Erasure, but they still like it. ;)
25. Is #2 a good song to dance to?
Not unless you get your groove on to impromptu jam sessions.
26. Do you ever hear #16 on the radio?
I did once, long time ago.
27. Is #32 more of a "nighttime" or "daytime" song?
It's more of an anytime song - Yaz has that special peppiness about them.
28. Does #36 have any special meaning to you?
Not really, it's just a good song by Savage Garden.
29. Do any of your friends like #31?
Jason loves it!
30. Is #25 a fast or slow song?
It's a dance song. I mean come on, it's mid-80s Madonna.
31. Is #35 a happy or sad song?
A sad one definitely, it's kind of slow so it's good to listen to when you feel like crying.
32. What is one of your favorite lyrics from #9?
"Oooh, American science
All night long she can two-step and sway
Ooh, with such awful manners
Don't keep me waiting,come and lie beside me"
33. Is #34 better to listen to alone or with friends?
It's better listened to alone, where people won't slap me for liking Whitney Houston.
34. When did you first hear #27?
When I bought The Singles 81-85
35. Name 3 other songs by the artist who did #29Edge of SeventeenStop Draggin' My Heart AroundRooms On Fire
36. Do you know all the words to #6?
Yeah, I used to listen to that CD all the time.
37. Does #28 have better lyrics or music?
Her lyrics are better, most definitely.
38. What album is #10 from?
It's actually the b-side to their single See You