I'm working on some new tracks and will hopefully be releasing something soon. Thanks for listening!
16 Abr 2012, 13:25Updated all by two of the song links on my profile (under My Music) to link to soundcloud for easier listening / higher quality downloads.
I'm working on some new tracks and will hopefully be releasing something soon. Thanks for listening!
30 Mar 2011, 23:54Jacob Barnett has an IQ of 170 - higher than Albert Einstein - and is now so far advanced in his Indiana university studies that professors are lining him up for a post doctorate research role.
Click here for article
27 Mar 2011, 20:10Sat 26 Mar – Peter Murphy
was simply incredible. He was elegant, funny, self-deprecating in a humorous fashion, sincere, and very interactive with the audience.
As for the music itself, he started off the set with 3 new songs from his upcoming album (a total of four for the set), and they were heavy and brilliant. I'm rather excited to hear the new album when it hits in June (I just downloaded the new single for I Spit Roses, from iTunes, which includes the b-side The Prince & Old Lady Shade - only a couple of dollars and well worth it.) He included 2 Bauhaus songs and a cover of Nine Inch Nails song Hurt. From his own library, he pulled heavily from his seminal album, 1990's Deep as well as Cascade (1995).
He was very intense and used his body to express himself while performing; sometimes pointing a finger off into the distance, or his entire body, face to the ground. He danced around quite a bit, consistently interacting with other band members and the audience. For a few songs, he would spin round in a manner that much reminded me of Dave Gahan live. He moon-walked in place for the entire length of another song, He had me dizzy at times, spellbound - and many others, laughing the deepest laughs I've felt in a long times
As he was singing and prancing around on stage, he came round to my side of the audience and was shaking hands/holding hands with various audience members. I raised my hand up to him, as I watched him singing, and he looked at me and gave me the most genuine smile. He then reached down and gave my beard a brief knuckle rub (which, for me, was obviously the coolest thing ever) as he made his way back to the stage to continue the performance.
In the end, he came up on stage with the entire band, arms around each other, bidding adieu. He looked me straight in the eye and mouthed the words "Thank you", with a smile on his face, as well as many others. One of the best concerts, ever!
Peter Murphy wiki
24 Mar 2011, 2:45I received this email blast from depechemode.com:
Depeche Mode "Remixes 2: 81-11" Coming June 6th
On 6 June 2011, Depeche Mode will release Remixes 2: 81-11 on Mute. An inspiring collection of new and classic mixes of material covering their entire career, the album includes remixes of tracks from their 1981 debut Speak And Spell, through to 2009's Sounds Of The Universe, and is the follow-up to 2004's million-plus selling Remixes 81-04. These remixes reinforce Depeche Mode's standing as one of the world's most influential and innovative acts.
Depeche Mode have been at the forefront of remix culture for the best part of three decades and this new compilation includes classic mixes from M83, UNKLE, Trentemøller, François Kervorkian and Dan The Automator, alongside all-new mixes from Stargate, Eric Prydz, Karlsson & Winnberg (from Miike Snow) and Röyksopp. In addition to this, the expanded editions include exclusive remixes by former band members Vince Clarke and Alan Wilder - the first time either artist has remixed tracks for their former colleagues.
Remixes 2: 81-11 will be available in two different CD formats; Single and Triple Disc versions, as well as Downloads and as a 6 x 12" vinyl LP box set.
Highlights from the selection of classic mixes include reworkings of "Dream On" from 2001's Exciter, "Suffer Well," "John the Revelator" and "A Pain That I'm Used To" from 2006's Playing The Angel and "In Chains," "Peace" and "Wrong" from 2009's Sounds Of The Universe, while the new mixes include "Tora! Tora! Tora!" and "Puppets" from 1981's Speak And Spell, "Never Let Me Down Again" and "Behind The Wheel" from Music For The Masses as well as "A Question Of Time" from 1986's Black Celebration. Lead single "Personal Jesus", from 1990's Violator, also features several strong remixes as part of the package. The Remixes 2: 81-11 tracklisting is as follows.
1. Dream On - Bushwacka Tough Guy Mix Edit (2001)
2. Personal Jesus - The Stargate Mix (2011)
3. Suffer Well - M83 Remix (2006)
4. John The Revelator - UNKLE Reconstruction (2006)
5. In Chains - Tigerskin's No Sleep Remix Edit (2011)
6. Peace - SixToes Remix (2009)
7. Tora! Tora! Tora! - Karlsson And Winnberg (from Miike Snow) Remix (2011)
8. Never Let Me Down Again - Eric Prydz Remix (2011)
9. I Want It All - Roland M.Dill Remix (2011)
10. Wrong - Trentemøller Remix (2009)
11. Puppets - Röyksopp Remix (2011)
12. Everything Counts - Oliver Huntemann And Stephan Bodzin Dub (2006)
13. A Pain That I'm Used To - Jacques Lu Cont Remix (2005)
1. Dream On - Bushwacka Tough Guy Mix (2001)
2. Suffer Well - M83 Remix (2006)
3. John The Revelator - UNKLE Reconstruction (2006)
4. In Chains - Tigerskin's No Sleep Remix (2009)
5. Peace - SixToes Remix (2009)
6. Lilian - Chab Vocal Remix Edit (2006)
7. Never Let Me Down Again - Digitalism Remix (2006)
8. Corrupt - Efdemin Remix (2009)
9. Everything Counts - Oliver Huntemann And Stephan Bodzin Dub (2006)
10. Happiest Girl - The Pulsating Orbital Vocal Mix (1990)
11. Walking In My Shoes - Anandamidic Mix (1993)
12. Personal Jesus - The Stargate Mix (2011)
13. Slowblow - Darren Price Mix (1997)
1. Wrong - Trentemøller Club Remix (2009)
2. World In My Eyes - Dub In My Eyes (1990)
3. Fragile Tension - Peter Bjorn and John Remix (2009)
4. Strangelove - Tim Simenon/Mark Saunders Remix (1998)
5. A Pain That I'm Used To - Jacques Lu Cont Remix (2005)
6. The Darkest Star - Monolake Remix (2006)
7. I Feel You - Helmet At The Helm Mix (1993)
8. Higher Love - Adrenaline Mix Edit (2004)
9. Fly On The Windscreen - Death Mix (1985)
10. Barrel Of A Gun - United Mix (1997)
11. Only When I Lose Myself - Dan The Automator Mix (1998)
12. Ghost - Le Weekend Remix (2009)
1. Personal Jesus - Alex Metric Remix Edit (2011)
2. Never Let Me Down Again - Eric Prydz Remix (2011)
3. Behind The Wheel - Vince Clarke Remix (2011)
4. Leave In Silence - Claro Intelecto 'The Last Time' Remix (2011)
5. In Chains - Alan Wilder Remix (2011)
6. When The Body Speaks - Karlsson And Winnberg Remix (2011)
7. Puppets - Röyksopp Remix (2011)
8. Tora! Tora! Tora! - Karlsson And Winnberg (from Miike Snow) Remix (2011)
9. Freestate - Clark Remix (2011)
10. I Want It All - Roland M. Dill Remix (2011)
11. A Question Of Time - Joebot Presents 'Radio Face' Remix (2011)
12. Personal Jesus - Sie Medway-Smith Remix (2011)
Depeche Mode belongs to a select premier league of groups who have survived from the early 1980s with their ideals, creative vision and core members intact. Formed in 1981, Depeche Mode - Martin Gore, Dave Gahan and Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher - continue to win critical and commercial acclaim across the world both in the studio and on the road. All of the band's 11 studio albums have reached the Top Ten in not only the UK and USA but 20 plus countries around the world including Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, and Belgium. All told the band has sold more than 95 million albums worldwide.
23 Mar 2011, 19:03
19 Mar 2011, 19:29grimmless's friend compatibility:
16 Nov 2010, 10:32Sat 13 Nov – The Wall Live
@ the Bank Atlantic Center - Sunrise, FL 11/13/2010
I was in the nosebleed section, so I didn't have the ability to get good close up shots of the band playing. I sequenced the pictures chronologically so that the animation would flow better from one picture to the next. I was also using my Samsung Vibrant (Android) to take the pictures, so please keep that in mind. (:
Other than that, there really wasn't a bad seat in the place. I missed getting a few pictures I really wanted to get, such as the plane crashing into the wall and exploding into a ball of fire, but alas - I cannot complain.
I was surprised to learn that G.E. Stinson of Shadowfax, a fusion/jazz/rock band I grew up listening to, was one of the guitarists on this tour. I realize I'm probably one of maybe fifty people in the world who would even care about that, but it helped to make a mind-blowing experience that much closer to the heart.
This was my experience / perspective. Enjoy.
p.s. Here is a link to another chap on flickr that got some fantastic shots, including the plane crash, at the September 16th show at Air Canada Centre in Toronto and here is a link to a set of videos from the same concert that I was at (taken by SporTech).
In The Flesh?
The Thin Ice
Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2
Goodbye Blue Sky
One Of My Turns
Don't Leave Me Now
Another Brick in the Wall, Part 3
Goodbye Cruel World
Is There Anybody Out There?
Bring the Boys Back Home
The Show Must Go On
In The Flesh
Run Like Hell
Waiting For The Worms
Outside the Wall
15 Nov 2010, 1:52This drawing seems to be a normal depiction of a shipwreck on an island, but if you put a cylindrical mirror in a certain place..
you'll see Jules Verne's portrait.
30 Oct 2010, 13:04
25 Oct 2010, 11:35In the United States, a new law proposal called The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) was introduced, and there will be a hearing in front of the Judiciary Committee.
If passed, this law will allow the government, under the command of the media companies, to censor the internet as they see fit, as China and Iran do. The difference will be that the sites they decide to censor will be completely removed from the internet, not just in the US.
If you are a US citizen, please take the time to sign this petition.
DemandProgress.org - Petition to stop the internet blacklist.
Also for US citizens, you can email your Senator from the following link and tell him or her your concerns about this bill.
Tell Your Senator: No website blacklists, no internet censorship
Thanks for taking the time to read this.