25 Abr 2011, 19:33diamondgrrl's top albums (6 months) 1. Sam & Ruby - The Here And The Now (160) 2. Leslie Mendelson - Swan Feathers (144) 3. Girlyman - Everything's Easy (131) 4. Girlyman - Joyful Sign (112) 5. Girlyman - Remember Who I Am (100) 6. Diane Birch - Bible Belt (87) 7. Virginia Coalition - Home This Year (83) 8. Zac Brown Band - You Get What You Give (73) 9. Amos Lee - Supply And Demand (64) 10. Jason Spooner - Lost Houses (63) 11. Jason Spooner - The Flame You Follow (61) 12. Journey - Greatest Hits (56) 13. Zac Brown Band - The Foundation (Deluxe Version) (56) 14. Maroon 5 - Hands All Over (Deluxe Edition) (54) 15. Girlyman - Little Star (51) 16. Matchbox Twenty - Yourself or Someone Like You (46) 17. Virginia Coalition - Townburg (46) 18. The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker (45) 19. Yo-Yo Ma - Bach: The Cello Suites (45) 20. Sara Bareilles - Kaleidoscope Heart (45) 21. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits (43) 22. Keb' Mo' - Keep It Simple (42) 23. Colbie Caillat - Breakthrough (42) 24. Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long (41) 25. Jason Spooner - Sea Monster (40)
4 Dic 2010, 3:56diamondgrrl's top albums (6 months) 1. Yo-Yo Ma - Bach: The Cello Suites (159) 2. Leonard Cohen - The Essential Leonard Cohen (139) 3. Diane Birch - Bible Belt (138) 4. Glee Cast - Glee: The Music, Volume 1 (133) 5. Ryan Adams - Gold (130) 6. Jason Spooner - The Flame You Follow (109) 7. Glee Cast - Glee: The Music, Vol. 3 - Showstoppers (Deluxe Edition) (100) 8. Kenny Chesney - Hemingway's Whiskey (Deluxe Editon) (91) 9. Various Artists - Felicity (85) 10. Richard Kaplan - Life of the Worlds: Journeys in Jewish Sacred Music (85) 11. Matchbox Twenty - Yourself or Someone Like You (83) 12. Colbie Caillat - Breakthrough (81) 13. The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker (78) 14. Glee Cast - Glee: The Music, Volume 2 (76) 15. John Williams - Schindler's List (73) 16. The Weepies - Say I Am You (67) 17. Beth Hart - Leave The Light On (62) 18. Rosi Golan - The Drifter and The Gypsy (61) 19. Beth Hart - Screamin' for My Supper (60) 20. Beth Hart - 37 Days (60) 21. Donavon Frankenreiter - Donavon Frankenreiter (59) 22. Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long (58) 23. Meiko - Meiko (58) 24. Colbie Caillat - Coco (57) 25. Bonnie Raitt - Luck Of The Draw (56)
7 May 2010, 17:41diamondgrrl's top albums (6 months) 1. Rosi Golan - The Drifter and The Gypsy (169) 2. Yo-Yo Ma - Bach: The Cello Suites (110) 3. Itzhak Perlman - Cinema Serenade (99) 4. The Beatles - Abbey Road (80) 5. John Williams - Schindler's List (75) 6. The Beatles - White Album (73) 7. Colbie Caillat - Breakthrough (66) 8. Coldplay - Parachutes (66) 9. Meiko - Meiko (63) 10. John Williams - Munich (61) 11. Itzhak Perlman - Cinema Serenade II - "The Golden Age" (61) 12. Bette Midler - For the Boys (60) 13. Barbra Streisand - Love is the Answer (Deluxe Edition) (58) 14. Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head (55) 15. Bette Midler - Experience The Divine: Greatest Hits (54) 16. Glee Cast - Glee: The Music, Volume 1 (49) 17. Bonnie Raitt - Give It Up (48) 18. Big River - Big River (47) 19. Carpenters - Love Songs (47) 20. The Beatles - Rubber Soul (46) 21. William Fitzsimmons - Goodnight (45) 22. Glee Cast - Glee: The Music, Volume 2 (44) 23. William Fitzsimmons - The Sparrow And The Crow (44) 24. Don McLean - American Pie (43) 25. Various Artists - Across the Universe (42)
8 Dic 2009, 16:30diamondgrrl's top albums (3 months) 1. Rosi Golan - The Drifter and The Gypsy (78) 2. Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Vol. 1-2 (56) 3. Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow (54) 4. Itzhak Perlman - Cinema Serenade (51) 5. The Rolling Stones - Some Girls (49) 6. Coldplay - Parachutes (46) 7. Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (44) 8. Coldplay - X&Y (41) 9. Howie Day - Sound The Alarm (41) 10. A Fine Frenzy - Bomb in a Birdcage (41) 11. Damien Rice - O (40) 12. Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head (40) 13. John Mayer - Battle Studies (39) 14. John Mayer - Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles (38) 15. Howie Day - Stop All The World Now (34) 16. A Fine Frenzy - One Cell in the Sea (34) 17. Keith Urban - Defying Gravity (33) 18. Kenny Chesney - The Road and the Radio (33) 19. Huey Lewis & The News - Four Chords & Several Years Ago (32) 20. Peter Gabriel - So (31) 21. Barbra Streisand - A Star Is Born (30) 22. The Rescues - Crazy Ever After (29) 23. Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing (28) 24. Hootie & The Blowfish - Fairweather Johnson (28) 25. Joe Purdy - Julie Blue (28)
12 Sep 2009, 2:27
10 Sep 2009, 20:211. How did you get into 29? (Tracy Chapman)
Way back there in the 80's, I wanted my own Fast Car. There was angst.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 2? (Elton John)
Hmm. Most likely Your Song. I still get that happy high school feeling every time I hear it. Not that I was in high school when it came out, but I was when I first heard it.
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33? (Alanis Morissette)
Hand in My Pocket's What it all comes down to / Is that everything's gonna be quite alright / Cause I've got one hand in my pocket / And the other one is flicking a cigarette.
4. What is your favorite album by 49? (Eagles)
Hotel California, of course. My brother and I should have a copyright on the karaoke song.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
I own six. Including a Christmas one.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? (Little Big Town)
Lost. Or Stay (Acoustic).
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? (Dave Matthews Band)
Crush. And it totally shouldn't, but there you have it.
8. What is your favorite album by 15? (Joshua Radin)
That's a tough call. There's nothing he does that I don't like. I'll say Simple Times, though.
9. What is your favorite song by 5? (Kenny Chesney)
The Woman With You. Oddly enough, once upon a time, my brother, this song, and a lot of wine saved my life.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? (Patty Griffin)
Stay on the Ride probably comes the closest. She's not really a happy song sort of girl.
11. What is your favorite album by 40? (Counting Crows)
August And Everything After, of course.
12. What is your favorite song by 10? (Alison Krauss & Union Station)
Restless. It's one of the most appropriate-to-my-life songs I've ever liked.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30? (Vienna Teng)
Vienna (and my very good friend Dieter) taught me that - although I wouldn't have previously said so - I really do have an appreciation for recorded live music. There just aren't a whole lot of people who do it well. If you're interested, look for the July 2007 Sendesaal Radio Bremen show.
14. What is your favorite song by 38? (Eva Cassidy)
Eva didn't do much that wasn't a remake, but if you know Eva, you know that doesn't matter much (if at all). My favorites change, but right now, it's a toss up between Tennessee Waltz and Danny Boy.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? (John Williams)
Home of the Lost Boys from Hook.
16. How many times have you seen 25 live? (Norah Jones)
Nada. And I'm not so sure that I'd want to anymore. Unless she agreed beforehand not to play anything off that last solo album.
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23? (The Rolling Stones)
Angie. I had an extremely neurotic literature teacher in high school who serenaded me with it from his doorway every time I passed. That was quite a lot, considering I was the TA for the teacher across the hall.
18. What is your favorite album by 11? (Bonnie Raitt)
That's an easy one. Luck Of The Draw.
19. Who is a favorite member of 1? (Indigo Girls)
I don't really have a favorite member, but I will say that I only like them together. As far as I'm concerned, Amy sucks The Big One solo.
20. Have you ever seen 14 live? (John Denver)
Nope. And unless "live on PBS" counts, I never will.
21. What is a good memory involving 27? (Jewel)
Her song Stephenville, TX made me realize that despite current circumstances (a couple years running), my life was not over and could, in fact, get much better.
22. What is your favorite song by 16? (Melissa Etheridge)
Most days, it's Nowhere To Go. For boogie purposes, however, there are no two better than Come Out Tonight and Chrome Plated Heart.
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47? (Catie Curtis)
24. What is your favorite album by 18? (The Beatles)
Abbey Road. Duh.
25. What is your favorite song by 21? (Missy Higgins)
It's a toss up between Where I Stood and All For Believing.
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26? (KT Tunstall)
Under the Weather. My mom and I were watching Brothers & Sisters (which is a great show, by the way).
27. What is your favorite album by 3? (John Mayer)
As a whole, Continuum. But my favorite song comes from Room for Squares.
28. What is you favorite song by 22? (Vince Gill)
Hills of Caroline. It also has the virtue of being one of the few songs I can actually play on my pretty guitar.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32? (Billy Joel)
One of the first albums I ever owned was Songs In The Attic, and the song I listened to over and over again, night after night was Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway).
30. What is you favorite song by 8? (Josh Rouse)
I'm gonna say Saturday, but there are several that I love almost as much.
31. How many times have you seen 17 live? (Hem)
None. But I'd like to. I'd especially like it if they'd put out a new album though.
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy? (Jason Mraz)
I love his remake of Summer Breeze. It reminds me of driving to the beach, so yeah, it always makes me happy.
33. What is you favorite album by 12? (Tony Bennett)
The Ultimate Tony Bennett was the first one I bought and it also has most of my favorites on it. (PS - There wouldn't be so many plays of this particular artist if I didn't find him so handy for sleeping and just peacing out in general.)
34. What is the worst song by 45? (Trisha Yearwood)
Nothin' About You Is Good For Me. And I'm only really saying that because it's my least favorite at the moment.
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34? (Barbra Streisand)
Dang. I'm sure there were some way back there before I fell in love with her that I don't recall. But the first one I remember since I realized she kicked ass was probably Evergreen.
36. What is you favorite album by 48? (The Wailin' Jennys)
Firecracker, probably. But again, a new album would be nice.
37. What is your favorite song by 42? (Over the Rhine)
Jesus In New Orleans. Which I think is pretty funny considering I'm not big on the whole Jesus bit.
38. What is your favorite song by 36? (Joe Purdy)
I Love the Rain the Most
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28? (Sarah McLachlan)
Probably Possession. Whatever was played first on the radio.
40. What is your favorite album by 7? (The Weepies)
Say I Am You.
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy? (Wynonna Judd)
Don't You Throw That Mojo On Me. I mean...seriously. Who could stop themselves from loving a song about mojo? Not me.
42. What is your favorite album by 41? (Itzhak Perlman)
I have two: both of the Cinema Serenade albums.
43. What is your favorite song by 24? (Amos Lee)
At the moment, Seen It All Before. But there was a time when I couldn't get enough of either Colors or Arms Of A Woman.
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46? (Train)
My almost-niece's ringtone on my phone is Meet Virginia and every time I hear it ring it makes me smile. Other than that, I have to say that most of my Train associations kind of suck ass.
45. What is your favorite song by 35? (3 Doors Down)
Probably Away From The Sun.
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy? (Dolly Parton)
Oh HELLZ yeah. Right now, my favorite is These Old Bones.
47. What is your favorite album by 4? (Brandi Carlile)
Doh! That's too hard! I'll say The Story, but five minutes from now I'll change my mind.
48. What is your favorite song by 37? (Ray LaMontagne)
Three More Days.
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43? (Ryan Adams)
La Cienega Just Smiled
50. How many albums do you own by 20? (Tuck & Patti)
Nine. I'm what you call devoted. My favorite remains Tears Of Joy.
3 Sep 2009, 14:47diamondgrrl's top albums (3 months)
1. Itzhak Perlman - Cinema Serenade (110) 2. Itzhak Perlman - Cinema Serenade II - "The Golden Age" (76) 3. Stephen Schwartz - Wicked (Original Broadway Cast) (62) 4. Sara Bareilles - Little Voice (60) 5. The Rescues - Crazy Ever After (60) 6. Gabe Dixon Band - The Gabe Dixon Band (58) 7. Evanescence - Fallen (50) 8. Kate Voegele - Don't Look Away (49) 9. Evanescence - The Open Door (47) 10. The Jackson 5 - Gold (46) 11. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (Deluxe Edition) (45) 12. Meiko - Meiko (45) 13. Gabe Dixon Band - On a Rolling Ball (44) 14. Kyler England - Simple Machine (42) 15. General Johnson & The Chairmen of the Board - Beach Music Anthology (41) 16. Peter Bradley Adams - Gather Up (40) 17. Kate Earl - Fate is the Hunter (40) 18. Rod Stewart - Unplugged...And Seated (39) 19. James Morrison - Undiscovered (38) 20. Marié Digby - Unfold (37)
10 Jul 2009, 17:28diamondgrrl's top albums (overall)
1. Tony Bennett - The Ultimate Tony Bennett (672) 2. Alison Krauss & Union Station - Live (501) 3. The Weepies - Say I Am You (429) 4. Brandi Carlile - The Story (426) 5. John Mayer - Continuum (414) 6. Brandi Carlile - Brandi Carlile (407) 7. John Denver - Greatest Country Hits (398) 8. Hem - Eveningland (382) 9. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me (365) 10. Bonnie Raitt - Luck Of The Draw (357) 11. Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Vol. 1-2 (339) 12. Josh Rouse - Nashville (330) 13. Vince Gill - These Days (328) 14. John Mayer - Room for Squares (324) 15. Patty Griffin - Children Running Through (323) 16. The Rolling Stones - Forty Licks (322) 17. Jewel - Goodbye Alice in Wonderland (318) 18. Joshua Radin - We Were Here (297) 19. The Weepies - Happiness (293) 20. KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope (282) 21. 3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun (279) 22. Joshua Radin - Simple Times (270) 23. Amos Lee - Amos Lee (266) 24. Ray LaMontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black (252) 25. Missy Higgins - Sound of White (251) 26. Vienna Teng - 2007-07-01 - Sendesaal Radio Bremen (251) 27. Mary Chapin Carpenter - Stones In The Road (248) 28. Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris - Trio (248) 29. Little Big Town - The Road To Here (244) 30. Alison Krauss & Union Station - Lonely Runs Both Ways (240) 31. Over the Rhine - Ohio (237) 32. Kenny Chesney - Be As You Are (232) 33. Amos Lee - Supply And Demand (232) 34. The Beatles - Abbey Road (227) 35. Nanci Griffith - Other Voices, Other Rooms (226) 36. The Wailin' Jennys - Firecracker (224) 37. Hem - Funnel Cloud (224) 38. The Wailin' Jennys - 40 Days (220) 39. Mary Chapin Carpenter - Come On Come On (216) 40. Missy Higgins - On a Clear Night (215) 41. Ryan Adams - Gold (214) 42. Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow (213) 43. Keane - Hopes and Fears (208) 44. Indigo Girls - Poseidon And The Bitter Bug (Deluxe Edition) (204) 45. Josh Rouse - 1972 (203) 46. Etta James - Love's Been Rough On Me (200) 47. Renee Olstead - Renee Olstead (199) 48. Itzhak Perlman - Cinema Serenade (198) 49. The Weepies - Hideaway (198) 50. Kim Richey - The Collection (197)
7 Ago 2008, 12:44I'm on this Irish boy kick lately, and yesterday morning I was absolutely basking in the Damien Rice. I expect I'll be hearing much more of him this week. (Until I totally wear myself out on him, that is.)
Also, I'm diggin' the chick that sings with him (in undeniable Markéta Irglová fashion), to such an extent that the songs without her seem much less good to me than the ones with her. (Feel free to bash that last sentiment to your heart's content. These are just fleeting, initial thoughts, and are likely to change over time.)
Anyway, here's the list:
Damien Rice - Amie
Damien Rice - Cannonball
Damien Rice - Delicate
Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter
Damien Rice - Volcano
8 Jul 2008, 13:06We're heading beachward this weekend, so in anticipation of that, I've had an unquenchable hankering for songs that take me there a little ahead of time.
My (partial) weekly hypelist includes:
Jerry Butler - I Dig You Baby
Al Wilson - Show and Tell
The Drifters - Under the Boardwalk
The Tams - There Ain't Nothin' Like Shaggin'
The Embers - I Love Beach Music