19 Feb 2009, 22:50
Sara C. wanted a list of 15 albums that got heads flown.
1. They Might Be Giants - Lincoln
Flood rescued me from 80s cheese, but Lincoln fired
my geekrock crust into mithril armor.
2. Nirvana - Incesticide
Sliver is so perfectly goofy/angry. And all guitars are tuned to Son
of a Gun.
(The Rest of) High School:
3. Versus - The Stars Are Insane
First Star: Derek and Nick are hot!
Second Star: No kidding!
-Drawing on dubbed tape from Nick R., 1995
4. Sebadoh - Bakesale
The only good part of 16, and better when heard in Shay's.
5. Descendents - Milo Goes to College
I shout along and make the lyrics about you. (Honest: Russ is king.)
6. Spinanes - Strand
This loverock is now certified.
7. Jedi Mind Tricks - The Biological, Chemical, Magnetic, Psycho-social . . .
Kevin S. was right. No indiecockrocker can resist.
8. Huggy Bear - Weaponry Listens to Love
Still my favorite. I am such a child.
A Bit Later:
9. The Bruces - Hialeah Pink
"People tell if we're birds or dogs by the cages we live in."
10. Autechre - ep7
Smooth Electronic music that rocks.
11. Townes van Zandt - Townes van Zandt
Daniel L. taught me country one January.
12. Sarah White - Bluebird
"I'm clumsy with my cigarette."
Not So Long Ago:
13. Jack DeJohnette and John Surman - Invisible Nature
Get naked and exalt, get drunk and wallow. Lift/drag as many
others as you can.
14. Tragedy Khadafi - Against All Odds
Girl Talk - Night Ripper
15. Phil S. left a copy on my desk in, uh, 2007? I hit play and pretend
I'm the genius.
That's about it. I haven't really heard much else.