22 Oct 2005, 19:36
12 Oct 2005, 5:57casey crescenzo rules.
that is all.
8 Sep 2005, 5:32over it - silverstrand. i never listen to shit on repeat. rarely more than once a day. yet this album has caught me so much that i've gone through it four times in about 30 hours or so. that's unheard of for me. it's not that it's amazing, i wouldn't critically acclaim it or anything. but that shit is definitely bananas right now.
25 Ago 2005, 4:34goes under
"swallow the sorrow, we are surely not worthy
and there's nothing left to believe, so they'll believe what they see"
15 Ago 2005, 20:4410. Track 22 on Catch 22 - Alone in a Crowd. The hick song. Worth it for the humor value alone, but I'll bet NASCAR fans would take it seriously and love every second.
9. Track 12 on Boy Sets Fire - The Day the Sun Went Out. "Live Wire". Nathan Gray does Motley Crue. Irony abounds.
8. Countback to track 11 on Moneen - The Theory of Harmonial Value. Dr. Pronowski explains his theory. Only the whole thing was made up. Their merch model did the Polish accent while Kenny furiously wrote everything out on slips of paper for him while the tape rolled. Genius.
7. Countback to track 1 on Less Than Jake - Losing Streak. Howie Reynolds' dialogue. "I didn't know it was Yom Kippur evening..." Fucking hysterical.
6. Track 12 on Park - No Signal. "Alpha Juliet Sierra". Ladd at his best.
5. Hidden after "Frayed Ends" on Midtown - Save the World, Lose the Girl. Ass kicking instrumentalism at its finest.
4. Hidden after "F.O.D." on Green Day - Dookie. "All By Myself". The one that popularized the practice, and of course it's about masturbation. Gotta love it.
3. Hidden after "God Send Conspirator" on Coheed and Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade. "I,Robot". Still get chills listening to this.
2. Track 14 on Live - Throwing Copper. "Horses". Such a great song.
1. Track 23 on Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. "2113". This is actually their best song. 'Nough said.
13 Ago 2005, 7:40i've still never seen them in person, but tonight i saw the video that's going around from their warped tour set from last month, and the vocal harmonies were really disappointing. i'm not judging though, because they still own.
12 Ago 2005, 5:36Just for posterity:
Top 10 Songs:
10. Finch - Ender
9. The Allman Brothers Band - Jessica
8. The Doors - When the Music's Over
7. The Clash - London Calling
6. Led Zeppelin - No Quarter
5. Metallica - One
4. Coheed and Cambria - 2113
3. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
2. Boy Sets Fire - Rookie
1. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Top 10 Groups:
10. The Who
8. Motion City Soundtrack
5. Boy Sets Fire
3. Coheed and Cambria
2. pre-1992 Metallica
1. Led Zeppelin
Top 10 Albums:
10. Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
9. Queen - A Night at the Opera
8. Metallica - Master of Puppets
7. Thursday - Full Collapse
6. Coheed and Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade
5. The Who - Who's Next
4. Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
3. Led Zeppelin - untitled (1971)
2. Boy Sets Fire - After the Eulogy
1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland