14 Jun 2011, 20:19
I was bored, so I did one of these meme-type things.
1.How did you get into 29?
(The Cardigans) I first got into The Cardigans via one of those cable channels in the late 1000s that plays music (not Music Choice, but URGE which is sadly defunct now). I heard their single “Carnival” and I was like “Damn, I have to get that. Now.”
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
(Pixies) “Monkey Gone to Heaven”, I believe.
3. How many albums by 13 do you own?
(Radiohead) “In Rainbows” and “Kid A”. To be honest, I’m not that crazy about Radiohead.
4. What is your favorite song by 15?
(The Replacements) Hmm….”I Will Dare”.
5. What is your favorite song by 5?
(Pavement) “Zurich Is Stained”, fantastic Pavement song.
6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
(Blur) A bunch (“Girls and Boys”, “Coffee & TV”, “Charmless Man”…I could go on)
7. What is your favorite song by 10?
(Belle and Sebastian) Tough choice, since these changes rather often. Right now, either “Like Dylan in the Movies” or “We Are the Sleepyheads”
8. What is a good memory you have involving 30?
(Anamanaguchi) Hearing their song “Helix Nebular” on GamesRadar’s podcast for the first time.
9. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy?
(Elliott Smith) “Say Yes” – it’s Elliott Smith, this is as happy as it’s going to get.
10. How many times have you seen 25 live?
(The Trashcan Sinatras) None, though the Trashcan Sinatras did play here last month.
11. What is the first song you ever heard by 23?
(The Decemberists) “Down By the Water”
12. What is your favorite album by 11?
(Gorillaz) “Demon Days”, though “Plastic Beach” is a close second.
13. Who is a favorite member of 1?
(Arcade Fire) Win Butler~
14. Have you ever seen 14 live?
(The Sundays) Since they broke up in 1997, uh, no.
15. What is a good memory involving 27?
(The Strokes) I haven’t really had any memories with The Strokes.
16. What is your favorite song by 16?
(Big Star) Tough choice with this too…I’ll go with “The Ballad of El Goodo”
17. What is your favorite album by 18?
(The Smashing Pumpkins) “Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness”, hands down.
18. What is your favorite song by 21?
(Beck) Either “High 5 (Rock the Catskills)” or “Sexx Laws”
19. What is the first song you ever heard by 26?
(Liz Phair) “Never Said”
20. What is your favorite album by 2?
(R.E.M.) With R.E.M., it’s a really hard choice…”Out of Time”, for personal reasons rather than purely musical.
21. What is your favorite song by 3?
(The Smiths) So many…I’m going to go with “There is a Light that Never Goes Out”
22. What is your favorite song by 8?
(Eels) “The Medication is Wearing Off”
23. How many times have you seen 17 live?
(She & Him) None…yet…
24. What is the worst song by 12?
(Rufus Wainwright) Definitely “Sonnet 43” – that album is easily Rufus Wainwright’s worst.
25. What was the first song you ever heard by 25?
(The Antlers) “Bear”
26. What is your favorite album by 7?
(Guided By Voices) “Human Amusements at Hourly Rates: The Best of Guided By Voices”. Technically it doesn’t count, but this is a band that needs a best of album if you’re new to them. Otherwise, “Bee Thousand”
27. What is your favorite song by 24?
(LCD Soundsystem) Hmm….”All I Want” or “Home”
28. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy?
(Neutral Milk Hotel) “In The Aeroplane over the Sea” is definitely a sad album, but “Holland, 1945” and “Communist Daughter” still bring a smile to my face for one reason or another.
29. What is your favorite album by 4?
(Wilco)“Yankee Hotel Foxtrot”, always and forever.
30. How many albums do you own by 20?
(Weezer) Two – “Weezer (the blue album)” and “Pinkerton” (also known as: the last great ones)