this was a lot more of a pain in the ass than I thought it would be and I can't believe I just did all this. fuck my life.
everyone hates these anyway.
1. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?Led Zeppelin
Oh, I dunno, maybe Custard Pie
or something. Kashmir
? Earlier memory I have listening to them was at our old apartment when I was in 8th grade and my dad put on Physical Graffiti
one weekend while he was cleaning.
2. What's your favorite lyric by 12?Coheed and Cambria
"pain is only a pulse if you just stop feeling it"
"casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams"
only ones I can think of right now. I know there are others but it's been SO long since I listened to co&ca.
3. How did you get into 29?Weezer
There was a drum game on wimp.com where you could play Buddy Holly
and a song from Green
. then I watched the music videos of songs from blue & Pinkerton
. fell in love <3 El Scorcho
4. How many albums by 13 do you own?Animal Collective
none <_< I still don't know how they're that high on my charts even, it blows my mind. it doesn't seem like I've listened to them that much - usually if a band has that many plays I'm pretty well acquainted with their discography as a whole.
5. How did you get into 19?The Moody Blues
Ooh, I love this one. I got [album artist=the moody blues]]A Question of Balance[/album] from my dad in 8th grade one time and I just fell in love with the whole thing within like 3 listens, or at least it seems to my memory that that's how it was. one of my perennial favorites, hell it's on my turntable right now.
6. What is your favorite song by 10?Built to Spill
There is no way I can possibly answer this. Preview
, all of There's Nothing Wrong With Love
, and Keep It Like a Secret
7. Is there a song by 9 that makes you sad?maudlin of the Well
well due to memories and such most of Bath
/Leaving Your Body Map
have a pretty heavy emotional sway on me. can't really single out any song in particular though
8. What is your favorite song by 15?Yes
ohgod i dont even knowStarship Trooper Siberian Khatru Heart of the Sunrise Roundabout And You and I Close to the Edge America
9. What is your favorite song by 5?The Smashing PumpkinsMy Blue Heaven Today 1979 Mayonaise PerfectSweet Sweet Luna Tonight, Tonight Here Is No Why Thirty-Three
couple of others I can't think right now
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?Agalloch
is basically my favorite band right now. anything works. but for now I'll put Falling SnowFire Above, Ice Below The Lodge (Dismantled) Odal Pale Folklore
11. What is the worst song by 20?Nobuo Uematsu
oh f*** if I know
I never liked one-winged angel or w/e
12. What is your favorite song by 30?Miles DavisSo What
actually just most of Kind of Blue
13. What is a good memory you have involving 18?Tool
Computer Apps class, freshman year of hs, spring semester maybe march or april we were supposed to be working out power point presentations about ourselves so what am I doing the whole two months but surfing the web playing games and listening to Lateralus
14. What is your favorite song by 8?The Beatles
Yo I can't even... not going to bother. I wouldn't know where to start.
15. Is there a song by 21 that makes you happy?Pinback
Many, but I'll just go with Good To Sea
since it's the only thing i can think right now. Tripoli Penelope
now there's one I was looking for.
16. Is there a song by 25 that makes you sad?The Allman Brothers Band
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23?Jethro Tull
oh, I don't know, I was basically raised on them, man.
18. What's your favorite lyric by 11?Broken Social Scene
ah hell I can't think of anything right now. pick any line at random from You Forgot It In People
USED TO BE ONE OF THE ROTTEN ONES AND I LIKED YOU FOR THAT
19. Who is a favorite member of 2?Modest Mouse
Isaac brock, duh. Although I love the drummer his playing always fits in so perfectly well with the rest of the music. it's astounding really
20. Is there a song by 14 that makes you happy?Black Moth Super Rainbow
they should but i have mostly depressing memories associated with them these days. I can't listen to 256 colors without wanting to kill myself.I Am the Alphabet Vietcaterpillar
21. What is a good memory involving 7?Jefferson Airplane
Going for a walk early one morning this time last year and listening to Jefferson Airplane Takes Off
before dawn at the lake
22. What is your favorite song by 16?Bob Dylan
couldn't tell you man just grab something from Highway 61 Revisited
or Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 17?Do Make Say Think
it was about 3 years ago in january or february and I heard about these guys from a few cool people so I went to their myspace page and listened to The Universe!
and man I fell in love with You, You're A History In Rust
very much very soon after
24. What is your favorite album by 26?
I don't have a 26 so I'll go with my 2nd 25, Pelican
and that would be The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw
25. What is your favorite song by 27?Akercocke
I don't fucking know man stop asking so many questions!
It's been a while since I listened to them so I can't really choose one.
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 31?PhishFree
from Billy Breathes
27. What is your favorite album by 3?Pink FloydUmmagumma
's live disc, Atom Heart Mother
, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
, Dark Side of the Moon
, Obscured by Clouds
, Wish You Were Here
, The Wall
28. What is you favorite song by 2?Modest Mouse
lol ur jokeing right. i'll just say everything on the first few albums and then Autumn Beds
to keep things brief off the top of my head. Trailer Trash
always comes to mind first.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 34?OutKast
, Mrs. Jackson
or So fresh & so clean
but like as a smallc hild I probably heard Player's Ball
on the radio or something at least once
30. What is your favorite lyric by 44?The Postal Service
oh I couldn't tell you it's been so long :/
31. How many times have you seen 33 live?The Velvet Underground
32. Is there a song by 35 that makes you happy?blink-182
Lots. esp from their first 3 albums
33. How did you get into 2?Modest Mouse
Well, in 8th grade I hear d awhole lot of Float On
on mtv and such and I decided I hate it it and that it was "gay" and then right after my freshman year of hs was over I was revisiting songs from the year before for nostalgia's sake and listened to it with fresh ears and decided I liked it and that eventually led to me getting Good News For People Who Love Bad News
and then the rest of their albums and me being obsessed with them most of my sophomore year.
34. What is the worst song by 37?John Coltrane
lol not going there
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 49?Týr
I dunno man it was probably the first track on Erik the red
36. What is the first song you ever heard by 38?The FlashbulbBinedump
37. How many times have you seen 41 live?Nick Drake
oh come on that's not even funny in so many ways :(
38. What is you favorite song by 48?NeurosisThe Eye of Every Storm
as a whole
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 50?DonovanWear Your Love Like Heaven
40. What is you favorite album by 45?Kings of Leon
tie between Aha Shake Heartbreak
and Because of the Times
honestly the only stuff i've liked from them anyway. i guess it would depend on mood.
41. Is there a song by 45 that makes you happy?kings of leon[/artist
AH HAW SHAYHAKE Taper Jean Girl
GET A SOUGFSOPIAEY
42. What is your favorite album by 43?Explosions in the Sky
oh The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place
43. What is your favorite song by 40?Kid Cudi
goin' back to honolulu just to get that... that Maui WowieMan on the Moon (The Anthem)
and actually just most of Man On The Moon: At The End Of The Day
44. What is a good memory you have involving 38?The Flashbulb
sorting socks and folding them into each other while listening to Kirlian Selections
45. What is your favorite song by 47?Daft PunkDigital Love
for sure :3
46. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy?PhishRoses Are Free
47. What is your favorite album by 24?KatatoniaLast Fair Deal Gone DownDance Of December Souls
(this one's smexy)
48. Who is a favorite member of 43?Explosions in the Sky
sorry i'm not *that* into them man <_<
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 28?Between the Buried and MeAll Bodies
can't believe [album artist=between the buried and me[/album]the great misdirect[/album] has been out two years already and i've still barely even penetrated it :(
50. What is your favorite song by 1?Grateful Dead
Oh, so so many... Dark Star
, Eyes of the World
, Me & Bobby McGee
, Dark Hollow Iko Iko
, Cold Rain And Snow
, st. stephen > eleven > love light, etc... won't even try to name more.