1. How did you get into 29? Nightwish
Randomly went into JB HiFi one day and bought Century Child
based solely on the reputation of the band. Not their best work, but got me into them.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Stream of Passion
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33? Draconian
From When I Wake
What have you done?
Reveal your heart
Your suffocating silence
Tears me apart
So break this seal
Where the quiet remains;
Where lovers mourn
Broken and torn
4. What is your favorite album by 49? Dimmu BorgirPuritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Dark Tranquillity
9, not counting EPs:The GalleryThe Mind's IProjectorHavenSkydancer / Of Chaos and eternal NightDamage DoneExposures - In Retrospect And DenialCharacterFiction
6. What is your favorite song by 50? Porcupine Tree
Probably Wedding Nails
. Gotta love a good instrumental track.
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? SoilworkDeparture Plan
. It reminds me of someone.
8. What is your favorite album by 15? After Forever
Can't go past Invisible Circles
. Cheese, but good cheese.
9. What is your favorite song by 5? Madder Mortem
Tough call. Such an underrated band. I'll go with Faceless
for its pure awesomeness.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? Arch EnemyThe Immortal
. Not a happy song, but brings out the happy in me. Oh, and not the fucked-up Angela version, but the original Johan version. Angela should stick to her own songs and leave the Johan era well alone.
11. What is your favorite album by 40? Faithful Darkness
I only know one: In Shadows lies Utopia
. Very cool and unintentionally amusing at times too.
12. What is your favorite song by 10? Moonspell
Faaark. How to choose? There are so many, but I'll go with In and Above Men
for pure power.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30? Demons & Wizards
Nothing really specific, it's just a great mash of Iced Earth
and Blind Guardian
14. What is your favorite song by 38? Iron Maiden
Another tough call. Run to the Hills
if I really had to choose only one.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? BloodbathEaten
puts a big ole smile on my face.
16. How many times have you seen 25 live? Hearse
Never. I wish they'd come to Australia, but I'd say there's a snowball's chance in hell of that.
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23? The GatheringLiberty Bell
. Heard it on some soundtrack and was enough to get me into them.
18. What is your favorite album by 11? Scar SymmetryHolographic Universe
. Catchy as syphilis.
19. Who is a favorite member of 1? Iced Earth
Matt Barlow, but an honourable mention to Jon Schaffer who is one of the best songwriters ever.
20. Have you ever seen 14 live? Lacuna Coil
21. What is a good memory involving 27? Blind Guardian
Listening to the Fly EP
during a uni class instead of, you know, working.
22. What is your favorite song by 16? Dream Theater
So many to choose from. I'd go for Finally Free
, for the awesome performances and storytelling involved.
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47? System of a DownChop Suey!
Just like the rest of Australia.
24. What is your favorite album by 18? AutumnAltitude
. Something about Marjan Welman just does it for me.
25. What is your favorite song by 21? Warrel DaneWhen We Pray
for the truth and conviction contained within the lyrics, not to mention Warrel's performance.
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26? Diablo Swing Orchestra
I think it was Poetic Pitbull Revolutions
. Such a funny band.
27. What is your favorite album by 3? Nevermore
Hell of a tough call, so many fantastic albums. If I really had to choose, I'd go with Dead Heart in a Dead World
, but it would be a close run thing.
28. What is you favorite song by 2? Opeth
*pulls hair out* How can I choose? OK how about Serenity Painted Death
. Probably change my mind two minutes from now , though.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32? Primal FearAngel In Black
, I think.
30. What is your favorite song by 8? Katatonia
I'd have to go with July
, although there are so many great tracks.
31. How many times have you seen 17 live? Faith No More
Again, never. They're doing shows here next year, but the shows sold out in 7 minutes, so I guess I won't be seeing them then.
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy? Tristania
Not really a happy kind of band, but Destination Departure
would be the closest they get to conjuring feelings of happiness in me.
33. What is your favorite album by 12? RammsteinSehnsucht
, hands down.
34. What is the worst song by 45? The Haunted
Anything from the last two albums.
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34? Fear FactoryEdgecrusher
. Still love it.
36. What is your favorite album by 48? NemeseaMana
. The other album is beneath consideration.
37. How many times have you seen 42 live? Sonata Arctica
Hmmm, that'd be.............. never. Sigh.
38. What is your favorite song by 36? BorknagarInherit The Earth
is a fantastic song, hard to go past it.
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28? In Mourning
Probably the first track off of their only album: The Shrouded Divine
40. What is your favorite album by 7? AyreonThe Human Equation
, definitely. So many great singers and great storytelling.
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy? Bruce DickinsonBook of Thel
. Love it.
42. What is your favorite album by 41? Black SabbathParanoid
, of course.
43. What is your favorite song by 24? Apocalyptica
Of their original songs, I would go for Grace
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46? Sevendust
Loved these guys when I was at school. Best moment was probably from listening to Live Again
for the first time.
45. What is your favorite song by 35? Rob ZombieDragula
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy? Metallica
Only one? How about The Thing That Should Not Be
47. What is your favorite album by 4? Epica
Tough call, but I'll pick The Classical Conspiracy
for the sheer range of songs as well as the orchestral components. Oh, and the performance of Living a Lie
is a definite highlight.
48. Who is a favorite member of 37? Jeff Loomis
Jeff Loomis. Der.
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43? Machine HeadDesire To Fire
. I've come a looong way since then, and so have they.
50. How many albums do you own by 20? Tool