I was sent this by a shady character known as the virtual octopus (and yes, as far as I know, that is his real name!) the premise? Put your playlist on random and post the first lines of the first thirty songs for other people to guess what song the lines come from. So here's the lines...
1. I'd like to drop my trousers to the world.
2. I went looking, for my darling, I went looking for a sign
3. She's by herself again, in the quiet secret night
4. Action! This street honey is a mean street, living in this street honey is a mean streak.
5. Lights out - We live in a world of darkness. No doubt - Everything's up for sale.
6. The trouble with your mother, she's always sleeping with your brother.
7. C'mon! Your Uncle Walter's going on, and on about everything he's seen and done.
8. The last night of the fair, by the big wheel generator...
9. Take me somwhere quiet please, these motorway exit games are calling me dearly.
10. Well you're just seventeen, all you wanna do is disappear.
11. The doubt that madness breeds, feeds this eternity.
12. The months go by, I don't think of you. The signal is frail, an imprint of what you do.
13. This is a song about a superhero called Tony, it's called Tony's theme!
14. Sorrows sings, her kisses in silence. And adjusts the blinds to keep the light from mocking everything I feel.
15. From the cradle bars, comes a beckoning voice that sends you spinning.
16. Midnight in the subway, she's on her way home - She tries not to run, but she feels so alone.
17. If you were born in heaven girl, I'd understand so well.
18. I don't remember quite how I met you, was it long ago?
19. Mother, maiden, aunt or brother on the masonary, and there are others.
20. When I'm with you baby, I go out of my head.
21. All this talk of getting old, it's getting me down my love.
22. Touched, you say that I am too. So much, of what you say is true.
23. Didn't know what time it was, the lights were low - I leaned back on my radio.
24. When you walk without ease, on these streets where you were raised.
25. Hevenly scene of mind, or could be Hell. Baby I'm not, yeah.
26. Desert Kisses, in the sand, engulfing joints, engulfing land.
27. Walked across the garden, in the footsteps of my shadow. See the light's out, no one's home.
28. It's a God awful small affair, to the girl with the mousey hair.
29. Don't you know, after picking the glass off the ground. Don't you know, after shaking the thing for a sound.
30. Twenty-five whores in the room next door! Twenty-five floors and I need more!
The question is, can you match them to their respective songs? No using google now, as I'll (most likely) know!