21 Mar 2011, 23:26 de darren86
25 May 2009, 21:19 de castudilOn Thusrday I'll be playing at a Pub in Ottawa U.
Plan to play 3 songs on the guitar, the song are quite easy... the difficult thing is that I have never sing live before... heheheh, that worries me a little bit cause want to do a decent job :)
so far I have found four songs but decided to leave 3 of them.
1) Suspicious Minds
2) More Than Words
3) Oh! Darling
11 Ene 2009, 9:02 de suikodeeFor everyone out there suffering from a broken heart, let the collective knowledge of these artists and their lyrics soothe you (or not), maybe this list will help more than just my good friend. Because good songs express the most universal of emotions.
ABBA - SOS
Aerosmith - Cryin'
Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
Badfinger - Without You
The Beatles - Oh! Darling
Bee Gees - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name
The Bravery - Split Me Wide Open
The Caesars - My Heart Is Breaking Down
Cat Stevens - The First Cut Is The Deepest
Coldplay - Warning Sign
Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
Elvis - Heartbreak Hotel
Garbage - Cup of Coffee
The Guess Who - These Eyes
Guns N' Roses - Since I Don't Have You
Haddaway - What Is Love?
Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart
Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should've Come Over
The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
Lit - Miserable
The Magnetic Fields - Epitaph for My Heart
19 Nov 2008, 8:04 de DerekBowieThis is an entry I posted in my old profile that I wanted on the record here as well
This is a journal about Hanson, from a fan who considers them very similar to most of their top artists but who is quite conscious that most of the world would not. I find it impossible to look at Hanson and their music subjectively, having grown up with an older sister wayyyy into them in the Famous Days. I'm interested in how much people actually know or care about this, so please leave a comment (especially if you're not a fan), and let me know what you think of the journal, or of them, or of the state of the world today. If you can't be bothered reading, there are videos just below.
Start with the start, or as close as I can get to it.
Often irritating, cutesy and ear-splitting, this was made back when they were teensy-tiny (9-14), with covers and originals. At this stage they played no instruments. The best track on here is
Rain, an original a capella track with impressive vocals: always their strength. …
18 Oct 2008, 4:58 de SkitzabethAn iTune shuffle sort of survey. You know the ones.
01) What's my mood like right now?
- I'm A Terrible Person by Rooney
02) How's tomorrow going to be for me?
- Save Us S.O.S. by Hot Hot Heat
03) What kind of person am I?
- Mary Ann by Regina Spektor
04) Am I loved?
- Love the Noise by Camera Can't Lie aka Forgetful Grace
I'm gonna take that as a yes.
05) How can I achieve my highest potential?
- Emotionless by Good Charlotte
I don't think that's possible for me.
06) What should I do with my life?
- Sound Effects And Overdramatic by The Used
07) Is everything really going to be alright in the end?
- Coming Home by Caedmon's Call
Aww... Yeah. It is.
08) What's my best quality?
- Temper by System of a Down
Wow. My iTunes just really thinks I'm a bitch.
09) How does my social life look?
- I Am Understood? by Relient K
Again... Strangely accurate.
10) What's the meaning of life?
- Hey Jude by The Beatles
6 Sep 2008, 22:35 de laura_macThis month's theme was "Crash Course," in which our mixtape partner chose an artist/genre from our library, and we made a custom introductory mixtape on that artist/genre for them. My partner chose the Beatles, which gave me the unenviable task of paring down 300-odd tracks into under 20. I quickly threw out the idea of making a "Beatles 1" type sampler and decided to go with a few of my favorite hits, fitting in other less-known favorites to make it flow from start to finish. Here's what I came up with.
1. Back in the U.S.S.R.
2. Dear Prudence
3. Here Comes the Sun
4. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
5. I've Just Seen a Face
6. Dig a Pony
8. Rock and Roll Music
9. Helter Skelter
10. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
11. With a Little Help from My Friends
12. Tell Me Why
13. Twist and Shout
14. Got to Get You Into My Life
25 Ago 2008, 21:21 de limecrescentAs of, well, today (10/25/2008) at 4:21 PM central time.
My top ten albums, and my three favorite songs from each. I'm bored and freaking out about school starting this Wednesday, so I'm trying calm myself down.
There's a tie for tenth place, which is why it is posted twice ^_^
10. Rockferry by Duffy
Syrup and Honey
10. Revolver by the Beatles
She Said She Said
Here, There and Everywhere
Got to Get You Into My Life
9. Abbey Road by the Beatles
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
8. We Are The Pipettes by the Pipettes (I just bought this album Friday night, wow!)
Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me
Because It's Not Love (But It's Still A Feeling)
7. Alright, Still by Lily Allen
Take What You Take
6. Still I Can't Be Still by Idina Menzel
Think Too Much
Heart On My Sleeve
5. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
With a Little Help from My Friends
1 Jun 2008, 3:43 de tinosoft89Idea original de oHIVo.
Si tu vida fuera una pelicula, que canciones estarian en tu soundtrack?
1. Abre la biblioteca de tu reproductor (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc) (recomendable el itunes o wmp)
2. Ponerlo "reproducir las canciones al azar" o "modo aleatorio"
3. Aplanen Play
4. Por cada pregunta, anoten la canción que estan escuchando.
5. Cuando quieras ir a la siguiente pregunta, aplanar "Siguiente / Next" para poner la siguiente canción al azar.
6. No mientran ni traten de hacerse los chingones...
Creditos (Inicio): tourette's
Despertandose: Midnight Blue
Primer dia de escuela: Death of a Martian
Enamorandose: Oh! Darling
Canción de pelea: Maka Fushigi Adventure
Breaking Up: BanYa - She Likes Pizza
Prom: Clon - 돌아와 (Cho ryun)
Life's OK: Ashita no Kimi
Mental Breakdown: Blink
Driving: Dulce Fantasía
Getting Back Together: First Date
Wedding: Agony Is My Name
Birth of Child: Puss
25 Abr 2008, 1:00 de neutron-x1. How did you get into 29? (Karp)
The first person that ever played me Karp was my friend Jarred. I remember thinking they sounded like what a band equally influenced by Melvins and nursery rhymes would sound like.
I loved them instantly, and actually taped them off of him as soon as I could buy some more cassettes. (hahah! Cassettes...), I never did see them live, even though I had the chance to at Gilman, but they remain a favorite of mine.
I actually become friends with Jared from KARP years later and, indeed even played a few shows with The Whip. Jared is now in Big Business and Melvins, which is fantastic.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (Van Halen)
Panama, my dad had the record 1984, and I thought it was pretty cool, I would jump around to it a lot. Then I didn't really think about VH again until about 20 years later, when I had a few friends extol the praises of their first records, I checked them out for myself after getting a really cool compilation cd made by another friend, and it turns out. …
17 Mar 2008, 21:20 de pavskieshttp://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/160/407719.jpg
This is the ultimate Beatles mix in my honest opinion, created by myself. It is for my brother, to maybe help him in his tumultuous time of high stress. This mix by The Beatles, features tracks with lead vocals from at least every member of the group, and songs penned by each member as well. It is jammed packed with 25 tracks totaling 79 minutes and 3 seconds overall (CD-Rs allow only 80 minutes). Here it is...
01. Magical Mystery Tour (Lennon/McCartney)
02. Twist and Shout (Medley/Russell)
03. And Your Bird Can Sing (Lennon/McCartney)
04. Help! (Lennon/McCartney)
05. Think for Yourself (George Harrison)
06. Yellow Submarine (Lennon/McCartney)
07. If I Needed Someone (George Harrison)
08. Oh! Darling (Lennon/McCartney)
09. Don't Let Me Down (Lennon/McCartney)
10. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (George Harrison)
11. Getting Better (Lennon/McCartney)
12. Good Day Sunshine (Lennon/McCartney)