20 Jun 2008, 5:05 de echa83A good title complements a song, they said, but what about a song with food or drink in its title? Have you ever noticed that a song that’s humming in your ears at the moment mentions a food or drink in the title? How many are there, you ask? Apparently, there are a lot of them. So, what's with all these food and drink related songs? What are the stories behind these titles? What does the title mean? Does the title relate to the lyrics? What makes an artist came up with a thought "Uh, Quiche Lorraine sounds cool, why not create a song about it?" (little did I know, it’s actually a song about a pooch and has nothing to do with a certain classic French egg dish), or even with the craziest title you wouldn’t ever think of before, like this one, “The Half-Eaten Sausage Would Like to See You in His Office”? Who would ever think a song with such title really exists? Well, these might be some questions that cross our minds when we find one. …
28 Nov 2007, 5:49 de SamuraiMooseIf you've been on the website for five minutes, you've probably seen something like this before.
The irony contained herein is that I rarely pay any attention at all to lyrics until I am fully acquainted with the musical structure and rhythmic workings of a song. But here you go - you ought to know how this goes by now, 40 songs that came up on shuffle, I'll provide the first lyric and a list of artists (one song each) and you guess the songs. Italic lyrics are guessed lyrics.
1. On candy-stripe legs the spider-man comes, softly through the shadow of the evening sun. Lullaby
2. Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity; calculate what we will or will not tolerate. The Grudge
3. You don't have a clue what it is like to be next to you.
4. So if that was a response, then you can call this reaction.
5. Slow down, this is slipping through my mind, this conversation has run out of time. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X., F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P.
5 Nov 2006, 8:34 de IWakeUpStrangeIt's 2:30 AM. I have 40 oz. of Slurpee pumping through me and no desire to do anything productive. Sounds like the perfect time to do another pointless Last.fm survey.
The original premise: "List your top 10 artists and your 3 favourite songs from each."
I'm changing it up adding both my top 3 favourite songs, and my top 3 most played songs from each artist. Just to be different.
1) What a Good Boy
2) Off The Hook
3) Long Way Back Home
1) I Can, I Will, I Do (Live)
2) Beautiful (live)
3) Bull In A China Shop (live)
1) The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get
2) I Like You
3) Irish Blood, English Heart
1) Picadilly Palare
2) The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get
3) Alma Matters
1) There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
3) Cemetry Gates
1) This Charming Man
(tie) The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
3) Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
6 Jul 2006, 1:41 de k28921
8 Jun 2006, 18:26 de k28921