2 Ene 2014, 15:33 de nullklever
13 Abr 2013, 15:29 de Lextasys
20 Sep 2012, 16:22 de chatterer
27 Jun 2012, 4:54 de erceno
7 Jun 2012, 14:46 de nosnebulousIt's June already, and so far there have been many releases to talk about, some good--some very bad. But the important thing is that the scene is still producing a wide variety of musical styles while retaining a signature sound.
Various Artists - Septic X
The yearly installment of infectious industrial as it exists in the world of Dependent. Unfortunately, it did not live up to its landmark status. There were many tracks that were good on it, specifically the tracks by Patenbrigade: Wolff and Volt 9000. The unreleased tracks by Edge of Dawn and Ghost And Writer seemed to be b-side tracks that didn't fit anywhere and so where included on compilations, much like the two bonus tracks from Front Line Assembly's Improvised.Electronic.Device were included on Dependence 2010 and Septic IX. Other tracks included on Septic X were remixes that were wither already available, or didn't advance the track much. I realize that these compilations are designed with an array of music that might be unfamiliar to a large audience…
18 Mar 2012, 22:03 de amodelofcontrol[Note: Catching up somewhat, this is over a week late here - blame a short holiday in Venice, and life getting in the way]
This week, my Tuesday Ten series hits number 150. There was going to be a special “awards” one this week, but time constraints have put paid to it (It has been shelved for now). In the meantime let’s look at the awesome tracks you should hear from this month.
Track of the Month:
See, this is why I always pick up label compilations when I get the chance. There is always something, even if it is just one song, that grabs your attention and allows the discovery of another new band. So a big hand to the WTII Records Spring 2012 Free Sampler, which among other gems, features this quite wonderful band. A Swedish synthpop act I’d never even heard of until now, this song is so damned good I pretty much immediately went and bought the album. It is terse, punchy synthpop that has a somewhat eighties-feel to some of the electronics…
14 Abr 2009, 16:54 de amodelofcontrolWith it being Easter this weekend, I thought it perhaps apt that I turn to the subject of religion for this week's TT. Although not unexpectedly, perhaps, with the music that I listen to, it proved somewhat difficult to find that many songs that cast religion in a positive light. Still, I did find the odd one to ensure some kind of balance, at least.
Also - the ten tracks featured here can be listened to on a Spotify playlist:
Spotify URI: spotify:user:asw909:playlist:5a4ootri9i4aimgh9fofnd
Welcome to Paradise
Front by Front
Opening with the sample of "Hey poor! You don't need to be poor anymore! Jesus is here!" sets out the stall of this track straight away. Even with it now being over twenty years old, it's classic use of cut-up samples of evangelical preachers gently pokes fun at religious evangelists by using only what they say (and the beats are pretty ace, too, although the live version is far superior.
26 Dic 2008, 22:41 de odin2421. Wenn es sein muss - dann aber sofort (0:37)
2. Nadia Sohaei - Xmas Jingle (0:46)
3. Adam-X - Shape Takes Form (6:12)
4. Empusae - Knowledge (4:36)
5. Static Icon - It's A Lifestyle (Single Edit) (3:43)
6. Atomic Neon - Rio Black (0:10)
7. Madonna - Erotica (Sex Version) (5:18)
8. Klinik - Walking With Shadows (4:53)
9. Real Life - Catch Me I'm Falling (Extended Mix) (5:52)
10. AGAPESIS - Jingle (0:10)
11. Diskonnekted - Pray Vote Donate Buy (4:55)
12. Komputer - International Space Station (3:44)
13. Lard - Forkboy (3:53)
14. H.E.R.R. - The Fall Of Constantinople (5:15)
15. Statemachine - Music From The End Of The World (Constipated) (5:12)
16. The Arch - Containerparc (4:04)
17. Bel Canto - Dreaming Girl (Martial Mix) (6:04)
18. Genetic Selection - Epic Dreams (5:17)
19. liaisons d. - He Chilled Out (Club Mix) (5:30)
20. Puissance - Erlangen (5:52)
21. Homicide Divison - No Tears To War (6:36)
22. Jack or Jive - War Scapes II (5:54)
23. Spiritual Sky - Sky Is My House Band (Ecoutez Et Répétez) (5:01)
25 Dic 2008, 21:02 de nullklevernullklever's top albums
1. Anhedonia - Destructive Forces (249) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/3842173.jpg&w=120 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif2. 5F_55 - II (223) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/3976186.jpg&w=120 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif3. Infekktion - Suffering Spirits (182) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EULZZU.03.MZZZZZZZ.jpg&w=120 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif4. synapscape - now (152) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/12152043.jpg&w=120 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif5. Displacer - Cage Fighter's Lullaby (143) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/15518461.jpg&w=120 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif6. C-Drone-Defect - Nemesis (116)…
9 Dic 2008, 19:06 de amodelofcontrolTime for part two of my rundown of my views on 2008 in music. This week it's my favourite tracks of the year - in these mp3-based times, this isn't necessarily a collection of singles, more the best individual tracks I've heard this year (and were released in the last twelve months since last year's list).
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Since a near-flawless "Best Of" about ten years ago, not a lot of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds material has really caught me like the old stuff did. Well, that is until this album, and the Grinderman album that preceeded it. This latter release is important here, as it has clearly acted as some form of catalyst to Cave since - Dig!!! is teeming with life and humour in a way that recent albums have lacked. The title track is for me the best thing on the album, too, a hilarious reimagining of Lazarus, transplanted to New York and not very happy about being resurrected...