"We Hate the Anime Tag" Group Manifesto

• "We Hate the Anime Tag" Group Manifesto

I think it's time this group cleared up all misinterpretations and questions. As such, I'd like to propose a manifesto for us, so we're all on the same page and all of the details are clear.

1. The tag is often misused and this needs to be fixed. The tag is tricky because it doesn't relate to music as a whole and, if misused, degenerates the idea of Japanese music. However, it does have its uses, for example if someone wanted to listen to a Last.fm radio station featuring songs from Japanese animation. This is only possible, however, if everyone uses the tag correctly.

2. Artists should never be tagged as anime. There are two exceptions to this rule. If they are fictional characters or bands in an anime series, then the anime tag applies. Composers for Japanese animation may also be tagged as anime.

3. Albums should not be tagged as anime unless they are an anime soundtrack.

4. The anime tag is perfectly fine when used on specific anime-related tracks. This may be because the track is featured in or used as an OP or ED of an anime series. For example, Re-Sublimity or Rewrite can be tagged as anime and there should be no fuss.

5. The above rules apply to all anime-related tags, such as , , and even .

6. The Anime artist page is disgusting and all efforts should be made to deter people from mis-ID3 tagging music as recorded by 'Anime'. ID3-tagging music with this artist discredits the original artist who should be given the recognition they deserve.

7. As tagging is subjective, we cannot enforce any rules and cannot impose our will on others. We simply have to spread the word by offering our reasoning about the proper use of the anime tag.

Feel free to agree or disagree and discuss!

• I wholeheartedly agree and have nothing to add. Shall I sticky up the thread so it gets attention of other members?

• Thanks for the sticky! Hopefully we'll get some discussion about this eventually. ;)

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Mar 2014, 9:23
    I disagree only with one statement : " Composers for Japanese animation may also be tagged as anime". If a composer created a soundtrack ONCE for anime, it doesn't mean, we can tag him/her like that ( eg. Mark Mancina made soundtrack for anime Blood+, but that doesn't mean that he creates soundtrack ONLY for animes). That's the same like tagging like that an artist, who made ED for anime only ONCE.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.