"Now playing" update from VLC on Last.fm, and scrobbling partly played tracks

• Seb1994 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Dic 2011, 14:00

"Now playing" update from VLC on Last.fm, and scrobbling partly played tracks

Hello everyone,

finally I succeeded in setting up audio scrobbling to Last.fm from my VLC media player (thanks for the instructions in the other forum threads). However, there are two things I'd like to check for a solution:

Firstly, VLC won't update my "Now playing" status. Is there a chance it will do this?

The other point is that VLC will only scrobble a track if it is 100% finished. That is quite annoying especially because in some cases I have to wait some time until the song finishes so that I can finally manually switch to a different song (I won't switch before as I want my statistics to show higher numbers!). I think it would be reasonable to scrobble the track when it was 50% played, just as the Last.fm Scrobble for iTunes and Windows Media Player does it.

I have everything set up just as it is described in the other threads, and I have already restarted VLC. I have Windows 7 Starter running.

Seb1994

• Re: "Now playing" update from VLC on Last.fm, and scrobbling partly played tracks

I think there's no way to scrobble before the track ends. That's the normal behaviour in VLC's code, and it is not supposed to update the "now playing from... " stuff in your profile either.

I don't find the "now playing" feature very necessary, but you could request it or at least suggest it on http://forum.videolan.org/ , as well as the scrobbling timing

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.