Blank & Jones - Heartbeat
    Sunbeam - Outside World
    ATB - 9PM (Signum Remix)
    Kamaya Painters - Far From Over
    Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Jul 2006, 15:13
    Well you are probably correct in saying The KLF - but thinking back to my first summer in Ibiza in 1988 - i'd say the song that kicked it all off was by a group called Amnesia (I think they came from Belgium) - and a tune they released called: Ibiza

Obviously anyone who has been there knows the club, but this tune was, at the time regarded as, Euro House/Electronica

I can't remember which version it was exactly? but one of the mixes that was on the 12" that I bought, I would say was very much early Trance. (although if you listened to it today you'd probably laugh)

But it was at this time the seeds were sown, someone else who had an influence without realising it, was Jean Michael Jarre, his electronic music with laser shows definately had a part to play in the evolution of Trance.

• Flaming June by BT was my first real exposure to Trance.

• My first exposure to trance was in my friend's basement... He downloaded Prodigy - Voodoo People and a couple of random songs that weren't labeled as anything... If any of you are interested in a list of trance songs go to: http://www.listology.com/content_show.cfm/content_id.14398
    (if you haven't been to it already)

• I think mine was Energy 52 - Café Del Mar!!! I still love it....

Later PvD - For an Angel and Armin van Buuren's - Blue Fear.. In a way i've been listening to trance since i was 8 or something.... but i didn't do it consciously!

• don't let the darkness eat you up Down the Line
  • oh, i forgot Orbital - Halcyon + on + on... but i can't remember when i listend to it for the first time

• Robert Miles - Children (Dream Version)

• aRniii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Ago 2006, 15:52
    Paul van Dyk - For an Angel

RMB and Cosmic Gate stand in the beginning of my aera of electronical music :)

• ArmandW escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Ago 2006, 10:54
    I think it was
    BK - Revolution
    it may have been some other song too but Revolution is the first i clearly remember.

• Jay-cob escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Ago 2006, 22:40
    It was ATB - 9PM and Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel :)))

• TowerU escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Ago 2006, 1:06
    Jupiter1970 said:
    Well you are probably correct in saying The KLF - but thinking back to my first summer in Ibiza in 1988 - i'd say the song that kicked it all off was by a group called Amnesia (I think they came from Belgium) - and a tune they released called: Ibiza

Obviously anyone who has been there knows the club, but this tune was, at the time regarded as, Euro House/Electronica

I can't remember which version it was exactly? but one of the mixes that was on the 12" that I bought, I would say was very much early Trance. (although if you listened to it today you'd probably laugh)

Ibiza was a new beat track. One of the biggest hits from the short new beat period. But yeah, new beat has quite heavily influenced trance, at least in Belgium. Check out Hiroshima, a new beat track from 1987 with obvious trance like melodies.

• The above post is for novelty purposes only.

An grand opportunity for mediocrity.
    • MegaKEK escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Ago 2006, 14:31
    DJ Tiesto - In Search of Sunrise.

I probably heard some trance-like music before then, but that was the first time I really took notice and got that trancy feeling. I still think it's one of the greatest trance albums to date.

• salmonsalami said:
    Robert Miles - Children (Dream Version)

It was my first too... And I still love this song!

• Usuario
    • 18 Ago 2006, 1:36
    Paul van Dyke - Another way

Then came:

Spoiled & Zigo - More and more
    Lost witness - Red sun rising
    Gouryella - Walhalla
    Solarstone - Seven cities

• bigtunes escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Ago 2006, 9:48
    Visions of Shiva - How much can you take?

db
    • dimas3000 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Ago 2006, 10:44
    Seroya - So Beautiful (Noel Sanger remix) from ASoT 243

• Usuario
    • 28 Ago 2006, 16:46
    Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400, that was like 4 or 5 years ago ^^

• Usuario
    • 28 Ago 2006, 16:48
    Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400, that was like 4 or 5 years ago ^^

• Usuario
    • 1 Sep 2006, 6:15
    Bedrock- Heaven Scent; Libra presents Taylor- Anomaly (that American Pie "techno" song)

then it was Paul Oakenfold's Tranceport and Silence (DJ Tiesto's in Search of Sunrise remix) by Delerium that really got me hooked.

• Paul Van Dyk - For an Angel & The KLF - last train to trancentral

• Gouryella - Tenshi
    Rob Miles - Children (Dream Version)
    BT - Deeper Sunshine

• I don't remember but I think it was something from ATB (Don't Stop or Too Much Rain) or Paul van Dyk (For an Angel i guess) - I can't decide wihch song it was...

• Eve-Zero escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Sep 2006, 14:47
    yeah, i'd have to guess any Darude song off of Before the Storm.

even though i hate Darude becuase of frikkin' Sandstorm..

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.