• Wow

Paradise Lost is an incredible album. It's their best in my opinion.

• Gurr escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 May 2007, 17:45
    Oh, people have already downloaded it. I haven't but I've heard a lot of positive critique so I guess it's great. =)

• SymphonyX escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 May 2007, 21:27
    I wont download it. I will definetly buy it.

6(o_O)-o`(`.´)
    • VikingR escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 May 2007, 0:03
    • andy88 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 May 2007, 15:14
    There's definitely something different about this release. The Damnation Game amazes me with it's heaviness and melodiousness, The Divine Wings of Tragedy amaze me with heaviness and melodiousness, Twilight in Olympus amazes me with heaviness and melodiousness, V amazes me with heaviness and melodiousness, The Odyssey amazes me with heaviness and melodiousness, even the self-titled Symphony X does it for me. All of these albums have reached my musical taste without any single problem; the first time I listened to any of these I knew they were perfect, every composition beatufil and played at the highest musicial and emotional level. And now I get this Paradise Lost album... and it doesn't feel like that anymore. The intro track is ok, a really good one I must admit. 'Set the World on Fire' is one of the highlights of this album, it's a Symphony X song, it's got their signature inscripted, it's the type of composition they got me used to, the type I like, just the lyrics... 'Together we'll set the world on fire (...) - kinda cheesy. 'Domination' - another really good, Symphony X-like track, although I'd prefer a different sound for the keyboards, the one used is too electric. Now 'The Serpent's Kiss' sounds like a Dream Theater composition, the rock-like intro riff, the way the track slows down at the verse part; only the chorus is any good. 'Paradise Lost' is an adorable ballad, though I've heard better of Symphony X. 'Eve of Seduction'... Oh brother... What is this? Alexi Laiho? The lead melody is simply horrible. It's like listetning to a Led Zeppelin album and suddenly you get a Britney Spears song. The rest of this track is pretty fine, but the intro blows it. 'The Walls of Babylon' - a great piece of music, so far my favourite. 'Seven' is quite ok, but this let's-make-it-even-more-power-metal chorus doesn't do it for me. 'Sacrifice', a ballad... Symphony X ballads have always moved me, the melodies and vocals were deep on contrary to Dream Theater's ballads which have always sounded to me like pop artists' songs, flat, without feelings, and with sucky melodies. And 'Sacrifice' is in between, it has something astounding in it but along it comes the boredom and dissapointment. 'Revelation' seems pretty fine, but it doesn't stand up to 'A Winter's Dream', 'The Divine Winds of Tragedy', 'Through the Looking Glass' nor 'Rediscover'. Yes, I know this classification might not be clear; what I've brought up here are generally the longest, most complicated tracks on particular albums, and such is 'Revelation'. Woah, that's whole lotta text, summing up - this album still has to grown on me a bit, and that's a wierd thing, not too positive since previous albums never had too, I loved them instantly. If there is a slight chance the final release on 26th June will be any different I sure hope it comes true.

zomg
    • andy88 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 May 2007, 16:07
    Sorry for the couple spelling mistakes, and the incorrect qoute... the lyrics actually go 'With these wings we'll set the world on fire'; still cheesy. On a final note I guess the best thing about this album is the double-kick - they really got it the right way here.

zomg
    • Gurr escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 May 2007, 8:52
    Hmm.. I think it's their best album. Every track is excellent. "The Serpent's Kiss" being close to a Dream Theater composition? That's not true.. at all. The "Eve of Seduction" riff was a surprise but it's not bad. And the ballads are both great, "Paradise Lost" is something similar to "Communion..." and "The Sacrifice" features mind-blowing vocals. I just can't see how you can dislike this album if you've liked any of their previous albums.

• andy88 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 May 2007, 9:29
    It's not that I dislike it, I do think it's a good album, however, I've expected something different from Symphony X since I adored the direction The Odyssey took. As far as 'The Serpent's Kiss' is concerned it really sounds to me like it was written by Petrucci, the riff is just incredibly Dream Theater-like, Romeo used to do this kind of riffs but they've always sounded different, less progressive, more neoclassical. And this slowdown with lower and more silent vocals is a thing I've always connected with Dream Theater :P
    Anyways the album is sort of growing on me, in the end I might put it together with the other Symphony X releases ;)

zomg
    • Gurr escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 May 2007, 12:10
    It's true Romeo played more neo-classical but personally I really liked the style they created with "The Odyssey" where it's more rock/metal with slight neo-classical undertones. Anyways.. awesome artwork for the album! =)

• Here is my review of Paradise Lost. I am sorry because it is in french. For those who did not already listen this album I can say that the same website: http://www.heavylaw.com has scheduled a listening session of the album on Sunday 24th of June.

I think it is not their best, but I prefer this one to The Odyssey. I think the agressive tone of Allen is more natural than on the previous album.
    We have some hymns with powerfull chorus but it is sad to do not have a big original piece like was The Odyssey are other big piece of Symphony X

• Winand escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 31 May 2007, 18:36
    I love the new album, it's amazing

Visit -> Belgen - Belgians
    <iframe src="http://widget.stagram.com/follow/__USER__NAME__HERE__"; style="height:27px;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    • ozzysong escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Jun 2007, 0:59
    The new album is an awesome piece of music. I like it from the begining to the very end.

Some killer tracks: Set the world on fire, Domination, Eve of Seduction, Serpent Kiss

If you can't kill them, choose another weapon

http://twitter.com/ozzysong
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 1 Jul 2007, 23:48
    No skips.
    No fillers.
    Just pure SX.

Perfect...

• kempoo escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Jul 2007, 14:32
    I really enjoy this album. It may not be heavy throughout the whole thing, but the softer parts are very well done. I think that they are evolving as a band and trying new things. I don't think they would as good as they are if there was not bit of change in there music; however, this album is more drastic, so it may put some people off.

IMHO this is one of their top albums, even without an epic track.

• DWOT 2...

Don't y'all love the way "Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Tragoedia)" from Paradise Lost reprises "The Divine Wings Of Tragedy" ? It's so different and so coherent with DWOT at the same time. Romeo is a genius. But you already knew that.

You gotta love this song, it's kickass.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 1 Abr 2009, 1:58
    This was actually the first Symphony X album I bought, and I love it. I'll be getting The Odyssey, The Divine Wings of Tragedy and The New Mythology Suite when I get enough money.

• jenisx escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Ago 2009, 22:18
    fala com a minha mão.

• jenisx escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Ago 2009, 22:18
    =D

• HunterPL escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 May 2010, 13:35
    Any1 bought 5.1 version of this album? Is it worth buying or stereo is better?

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.