Bands who've Broke Edge?

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 28 Ago 2009, 1:23

Bands who've Broke Edge?

There seems to be more bands or members who stop for a reason or break for a reason.

Any you know of that have broke?

And do you have a problem with it?

Mitch from Suicide Silence broke, even got his finger tattoos covered with awful black boxes. He smokes weed and drinks all the time now.

• It's sucks when a group, especially a group you really enjoy breaks edge.
    But the fact of the matter is a lot of these edge groups, groups where people think all the members of the group are edge and love their music, alot of these groups are no where near edge. It's just about the label, it's about having a target audience.

So in the end, I just trust the music. A group may break edge, or never be edge in the first place, and you wont even know. I just listen to the music and believe in the message that it's trying to send.

Regardless if the people who are performing it believe in it themselves.

• xGoatboyx escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 30 Ago 2009, 15:09
    A couple of guys from Your Demise broke Edge, which doesn't matter except that since one of them is the singer they ain't doing their Edge songs live anymore

• Usuario
    • 30 Ago 2009, 22:59
    They wont be doing any 'edge' songs anymore now that the singer has left the band.

• the singer form carry on broke edge :(

fuck your drugs, fuck your life, fuck everything you know.
    • vladXVX escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 31 Ago 2009, 17:03
    you've got to respect their choice. there's no point in pressuring anyone into being edge if their heart's not in it. bands who just use straight edge as a gimmick are shit. would rather have an honest drunk than a liar :D

• xTerux escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Sep 2009, 11:42
    Apparently the guitarist in The Geeks isn't 'edge any more, which just leaves Ki (vocalist) and Bong (bassist) as the band's sXe members.

• xGoatboyx escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Sep 2009, 15:30
    I just saw Death Before Dishonor on Sunday, it was so funny to see the singer drain a bottle of beer right after singing a song about being "True 'til Death"

• Usuario
    • 17 Sep 2009, 21:01
    Carry On and A Step Apart. And yeah, I do have problem with bands that cover the case of straight-edge in every song and then do 180* to fulfill cheap thrills.

• Usuario
    • 18 Sep 2009, 17:00
    DBD aint straightegde...are they? as far as im aware true til death is a song about being true to the hardcore scene not edge. They've never promoted being edge or anything.

• dbd edge haha))

• Carry On broke edge?

• Usuario
    • 20 Oct 2009, 13:07
    You have to remember that there always will be rumours about bands breaking edge and sometimes you will never find out if they have or not.

And remember every hardcore band isnt straightedge.

Clone The Fragile singer broke edge, which split the band up. Dunno if you American guys know them.

• Shedrink escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Oct 2009, 14:24

Can someone answer?

Carry On broke edge???

• Usuario
    • 27 Oct 2009, 19:47
    Verse did, I don't think it matters much though since they never really had any songs about straight edge. They were still an awesome band, even though they at one point promoted themselves as a straight edge band.

• yeah carry on did the singer blew coke on the last tour and the whole meaning of a "life less plauged" is aboyt not being straight edge... read the lyrics

fuck your drugs, fuck your life, fuck everything you know.
    • Usuario
    • 4 Dic 2009, 19:16
    hardly anyone stays edge forever

skip candelori died of an o.d so u know theres no hope left

and i heard cappo broke edge does anyone know for sure

• for sure he did, that was a looong time ago.

• Shedrink escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Dic 2009, 19:26
    man, its so sad to see young deals, that one day represent a new force to be threw away so easily
    (sorry for the english)

• GavinUnearthed said:
    DBD aint straightegde...are they? as far as im aware true til death is a song about being true to the hardcore scene not edge. They've never promoted being edge or anything.

lmfao no they are deffffff not edge

• GavinUnearthed said:

lmfao no they are deffffff not edge

• No one has mentioned Strife?

• Drafta escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Jul 2010, 20:51
    There's a couple I wonder about. Like Dave Smalley that was in DYS? Don't know if he ever broke when he was in Dag Nasty or Down By Law. Same goes for Brian Baker. Was he even edge in the first place? He was in Minor Threat and played with Dave Smalley, so I wonder. Sorry if these are stupid questions.

• My friend and I asked the vocalist from Death Before Dishonor, ''weren't y'all an edge band?" he replied "you grow up." haha they were edge members a few years ago.
    still a great band though. It's dumb to listen to bands just because they're edge.

• DIISNUTZ escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Ago 2010, 21:44
    the sobriety club. I often lol @ the existence of "EDGE" I don't have a title for weed smoking or drinking beer.

hmm..

*runs off to create one.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.