Best/Worst Venues

• coldbeat escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Dic 2008, 6:38

Best/Worst Venues

Where is your favorite place to see a show? Least favorite? In Sacramento or elsewhere. I haven't seen as many local shows as I'd like to (recommendations welcomed) but the Boardwalk, Old Ironsides, and the Underground (when it existed) were cool. Other than that I like Fillmore and Warfield in SF. Can't stand the damn Shoreline Amphitheatre

i'm sort of saving myself for the scene.
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Dic 2008, 3:42
    "and the Underground (when it existed)"

What happened to the Underground?

• coldbeat escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Dic 2008, 14:04
    the underground got shut down i think not really sure why...

i'm sort of saving myself for the scene.
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Dic 2008, 3:39
    Bummer.

• Slim pickings 'round these parts. I think the Boardwalk is the only place I have seen shows in town.

Nothing ever ends...

• "A telephone pole is an edited tree." -Barrett Watten
    Editado por proof_man el 5 Dic 2009, 10:54
  • sacramento sucks

Editado por DylanCraver el 1 Sep 2009, 9:36
  • Mostly there are only good small venues--Arco is awful. Memorial Auditorium is only a little better. However, sleep train is pretty good but i have only been there for Warped Tour. i mostly go to boardwalk which i would say is a lot better that one would think

• the underground got shut down because the management was passed from an outside person with knowledge of the music scene to the church and the church was not very good. they eventually decided to just close it down because it was too big of a job for the church.

quite the bummer

• lamblung escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 28 May 2009, 3:00
    Haven't been to too many shows in Sacktown. My favorite was seeing Tori Amos at the Memorial Auditorium back in 2003--wow, that's a long time ago! The venue wasn't bad at all, and Tori put on a great show.

• slopezunr escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Jun 2009, 21:57
    Cesar Chavez and Southside Parks! the Deftones have secret concerts there

Rossi
  • RIP Off Broadway..

• Boardwalk is always good. Luigi's Fun Garden & Slice downtown is a good small venue given that the band is good as well really. I saw Wallpaper and Mt. St. Helen's Veitnam Band there (seperately) a while ago and they both put on some really good shows with good sound despite the size of the venue.

• I heard alot of good news about the Fire Escape off Madison Ave. Not sure if thats still open. All the good clubs in get shut down, or transform to a different entity. I remember seeing Suicidal Tendencies with The Suicide Machines at Big Shots off Melody Ln. in Roseville! That was awesome then the neighbors bitched about the noise and the place closed down. There was Bojangles off Folsom Blvd., I saw The Queers there, Link 80, U.S. Bombs, and so many other bands. That place burned down now I think its Bisla's. The Boardwalk is OK. The Crest, Memorial, but those are for bigger groups. Saw a lot of good shows at the old Capitol Garage, it used to be located where Park Ultra Lounge now sits, bleh. Other places deserving mention include The Colonial, can't believe I missed I:Scintilla play there recently, and Ace of Spades, saw Fitz and the Tantrums there.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.