Typical Forum Question: What's Your Favorite Replacements Song?

• Typical Forum Question: What's Your Favorite Replacements Song?

Mine has to be I Will Dare, followed by Alex Chilton and Favorite Thing.

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Jun 2006, 10:36
    Well. From the softer songs Here Comes a Regular is classic. Rockers Left of the Dial and Bastards of Young. Something like that anyway.

• Bastards of Young has to be one of the coolest videos ever made. Defintely shows where they stand on making videos. Ha!

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Jun 2006, 15:37
    The video is cool. Don't know if I would watch it too many times though! Didn't they do several similar videos aswell? I think so...

• I don't think so. I vaguely remember "When It Began" and that seemed like a pretty straightforward video. There was also another video off that album (I think) that was flaoting around here earlier that also seemed like a pretty straightforward band video. But all this was well after Bastards of Young -- maybe they realized that they had to eat somehow. :)

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Jun 2006, 13:01
    I've heard that they basically copied the bastards video... Except for the kick in the end. Well, I've also seen videos from the later albums, and sure they include more typical video material. Merry-go-round for example... But hey, bastards is often featured at greates videos ever lists... :)

• I think that was the one I was thinking of that had been shown on here, Merry Go Round. When It Began was also in pretty typical music video style, except no dancing girls. :)

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Jun 2006, 9:27
    Hehe, without the dancing girls.. :) Well, I would be suprised to see that in a replacements video...

• That *would* be a bit insane and would definitely have been the point they all jumped the shark had they included them. :)

Unless maybe they were moshing or something.

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Jun 2006, 11:08
    Hehe... For the record Paul did some regular vidos of his own as well. Runaway Wind is quite MTV-friendly. But I like it more nowadays when he is a bit more obscure sitting recording great albums in his basement. And being featured in cartoons.. :)

• Answering Machine, Left of the Dial, or Alex Chilton. One of those, I guess.

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Jul 2006, 8:54
    All good songs theuniversal. As you see Left of the dial is on my list aswell. Both the other ones you are mentioning would make it on a "Best of Replacement" cd for me.

• "left of the dial", "alex chilton", or "unsatisfied"

• jumbasi escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 7 Jul 2006, 14:46
    I Will Dare, Bastards of Young, Sixteen Blue, and Favorite Thing.

sorry i couldn't narrow it down to less than those.

• Don't worry...I don't think any of us have picked ONE favorite song. :)

• mine would have to be more ciggarettes. I just love that song

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Jul 2006, 20:26
    androdgynous

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Jul 2006, 8:02
    Hey, more and more people finding their way to the forum! Great! As for more cigarettes I can't even remember how the song sounds. I have but haven't listened to it that much...

• magnilex said:
    Hey, more and more people finding their way to the forum! Great! As for more cigarettes I can't even remember how the song sounds. I have but haven't listened to it that much...

the guitar riff is fucking amazing. its on Sorry, Ma

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Jul 2006, 8:42
    Ah... Sorry ma is an album I have listened more to. Still it doesn't get to me as the later mats albums. But it's got some awsome tunes. Heck, I'm actually gonna listen to it straight away. :)

• magnilex said:
    Ah... Sorry ma is an album I have listened more to. Still it doesn't get to me as the later mats albums. But it's got some awsome tunes. Heck, I'm actually gonna listen to it straight away. :)

It's my favorite one. I love the raw punk sound.

• magnilex escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Jul 2006, 23:08
    Yeah, it's a punky record that's for sure. It is actually a grower. I bought it on vinyl years ago, but I like it more than aver now... Such great melodies stil punky. It was a hint of what was coming...

• Tatalsa escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Jul 2006, 8:28
    alex chilton and kiss me on the bus

• Tatalsa escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Jul 2006, 8:28
    alex chilton and kiss me on the bus

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Jul 2006, 18:57
    Impossible for me to pick.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.