QTScrobbler refuses to admit that the iTunesDB exists

• giddygoon escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Oct 2010, 18:06

QTScrobbler refuses to admit that the iTunesDB exists

I just started using QTScrobbler to scrobble via MediaMonkey. But when I try to locate the iTunesDB on my iPod Classic, I get the error "Error parsing file: Parsing failed -- unable to find iTunesDB in G:\iPod_Control\iTunes." But when I browse there via Explorer, the file is clearly there. Any suggestions?

I am using an iPod Classic 120GB.
    I am using Windows 7.
    I am using QT 4.5.2.
    Both MediaMonkey and iTunes are closed.

Help!

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Oct 2010, 2:58
    When you're opening the iTunesDB in QTScrob, are you browsing to the root of your device, or are you going directly to the iPod_Control/iTunes folder? You should be going to just the drive letter. QTScrob automatically looks into those folders.

• giddygoon escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Oct 2010, 15:20
    I'm browsing via the letter. Here's a screengrab.

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Oct 2010, 15:39
    Select G: - don't enter into iPod_Control.

• giddygoon escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Oct 2010, 15:13

YAY!

Thanks so much. That seems so obvious, but I guess it wasn't.

• RedFIag escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Dic 2010, 2:59

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

When I browse to the letter of my ipod's drive, I get an error. And yeah I can see iTunesDB in Explorer.
    I've tried with both 0.10 (Error parsing file: Parsing failed - unable to find Play Counts in J:) and 0.11 (Error parsing file: Parsing failed -- unable to find iTunesDB in J:\/iPod_Control\iTunes/Play Counts)

Windows 7 64-Bit home premium
    5th gen ipod classic 30gb
    itunes v10.1.1 (not that that probably matters but i tried QT because itunes 10.1.1 and last.fm have failed to scrobble)
    also, none of the music on my ipod is also on my computer.

...halp plis? DDDDD:

• i've the same problem. i've 64bit windows 7 and i installed QTscrobbler v0.10 and an iPodTouch and i can scrobbler my ipod musics to lastfm profile. i tried to click on " open itunesDB" and appear all my drivers but none of them are my ipod ( tried to click in every driver i have and nothing)

someone can help me find whats going on?

• D4GZ escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Ene 2011, 21:17

ARGH!

Same here, W7. Very frustrating.

• Zarggg escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Ene 2011, 2:37
    The program appears to be looking for a file named "{drive}\iPod_Control\iTunes\Play Count", which does not exist. IIRC, the iPod stores playcount information in the iTunesDB database file.

If you notice that a track I've scrobbled has wrong data, please send me a message with the correct info.
  • Zargg but you can scrobble from ipod?

• I have 64bit windows 7, iPod nano 6g, QTscrobbler v0.10 GUI.
    My iPod is on D:\, iTunes DB should be there in folder iPod_Control. But
    QTscrobbler doesn't see it. It sees only this:

When I'm clicking on D:/, there's "Error parsing file: Parsing failed - not iTunes DB file D:\"
    Please, help! I'm trying to do something with this for 3 hours.

• Zarggg escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2011, 20:35
    @doutorsaco:
    No. The program refuses to read the data from the iPod, because it is looking for a file that does not exist. (If this is not the case, then the UI message should be changed to reflect what is actually happening.)

If you notice that a track I've scrobbled has wrong data, please send me a message with the correct info.
  • i install a program called touchcopy and this prgm actually find the ipodControl drive and the famous file iTunesDB and the connection with last.fm but its was a trial version and maybe thats the reason the last.fm connection is not available.

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Ene 2011, 3:05
    I'd guess that touchcopy uses the iTunes API to talk to the devices (since iTunes is listed as a requirement). I don't have an recent ipod with this issue to code against, but if anyone was to come up with a suitable patch I'd gladly add it.

• Yah, i have the same problem, the weird thing is that i can find iTunesDB in explorer but QTscrobbler doesn't. I'm running windows XP and i have a 16 GB Generation 4 iPod Nano

• paco9999 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Feb 2012, 11:38

same problem, any solution?

Hallo, I have been reading the posts. This is from June. I have the same problem, did you find any solution?
    Cheers

• parkku escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Sep 2012, 21:02

Have you tried version 0.11?

I tried QTScobbler version 0.11 after not succeeding with 0.10 and managed to scrobble again. I had the same parsing failure with the older version. My OS is Win7 and my iPod is 4th generation Nano.

Yoiu can dload 0.11 here:
    http://www.last.fm/group/QTScrobbler/forum/43047/_/598317

Hope that helps!

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.