0.11 preview version

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Ene 2010, 4:45

0.11 preview version

Hi,

I've been making some fairly large changes to QTScrob, and it's finally ready for a few more people to try it out.

32-bit Windows: qtscrob.exe (GUI) ## scrobbler.exe (Command line)

64-bit Windows: qtscrob.exe (GUI) ## scrobbler.exe (Command line)

OSX: QTScrob

(Updated versions 15th December)

Warning: This version stores the config settings in a slightly different way. It will upgrade your old settings, but there is no way back again without re-entering them into an older version.

Changes:
    • QTScrob can now submit to multiple sites at once, i.e. last.fm and libre.fm
    • Windows MTP code has been rewritten from WMDM to WPD - this may now support more devices
    • Will now fetch missing track length information from last.fm before submission (helps with Cowon and some other MTP devices)
    • Many, many other changes beneath the surface...

For those of you on different OS's, the source is available in /branches/multi under the projects SVN repo. The CLI version (for these changes) has yet to be written.

If you have any problems, please post them, along with a copy (via a pastebin) of the output of the console (on level 3).

Editado por Beowulf el 15 Dic 2010, 18:22
  • Win XP SP3 and Cowon D2

With 0.10 i had the problem with the song duration. QTS was currently indicating the correct song duration of only a few songs (never more than 10 songs, but often 5, 6 or 7) and i had to enter the timing manually.
    With 0.11 the problem apparently disappeared, because all the fetched songs were reporting the correct duration time. But... all the other songs simply disappeared.
    I had listened to 30 songs today, i fetched with 0.11 and it only found 4 songs.
    I tried to fetch the songs with 0.10, and it found 4 songs with the correct duration time, and the other 26 with 0 sec. duration time.

• Beremat escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 3 Feb 2010, 21:01
    x64 version does nothing when the "Open MTP Device" button is pressed.
    Running W7 x64, using the Cowon S9 in MTP mode.

Edit: Same thing with the x32 version. :/

Edit again: Looks like it IS doing something, but it's not finding any tracks:

This worked fine with .1, but it was unusable due to the fact that every track was displaying with a duration of 0. :/

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Feb 2010, 4:04
    Could you both look under Help->Console, and make sure the log level is set to 3. This will ensure that when QTScrob reads your MTP device, ALL tracks that it finds are logged to the console (even if they don't show up in the main QTScrob window). Could you then pastebin the results after you open your mtp device?

• Beremat escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 4 Feb 2010, 21:39
    Looks like it's finding all tracks, and if I'm reading it correctly, the tracks that I've listened to since switching on MTP mode have playcounts. Duration column still seems to be showing 0, though.

However, when I try to copy the console text, only the first few lines copy, and the rest does not. CTRL+A CTRL+C doesn't work, and neither does right clicking, selecting all, and copying. :[

Here's a screenshot of a portion of it, though:

• Beremat escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 4 Feb 2010, 21:43
    Edit: Double post :/

• What i found from my log, is that QTS acts differently if the song is stored in the internal memory or in the external memory.
    My Cowon D2 has music on both memories.

With QTS 0.10
    The music in the internal memory has the duration time
    The music in the external memory doesn't have duration time

With QTS 0.11
    The music in the internal memory has the duration time
    The music in the external memory doesn't have duration time and doesn't appear on the submission list.

Here are two lines from the log: Line 1 is a song from internal memory, Line 2 from External memory

TRACE : AC : I Put the Finger on You : For Those About to Rock We Salute You : 2 : 205 : 1 : 10830656

TRACE : Metallica : Wherever I May Roam : Metallica : 5 : 0 : 1 : 10830656

The Metallica song appears on the list to submit to last.fm in QTS 0.10 (with a 0 duration time), and doesn't appear at allin QTS 0.11

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Feb 2010, 20:15
    Thank you both. So, it seems like a bug in the Cowon MTP interface - the duration of a music track is required information under the MTP/WPD specifications. Last.fm require the track length when submitting, which is why QTScrob filters those tracks out (in 0.11).
    SisifoFelice: which version of Cowon firmware is your D2 running?

• Beowulf ha detto:
    SisifoFelice: which version of Cowon firmware is your D2 running?

• Beremat escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 6 Feb 2010, 1:38
    Is this fixable? I really hope so D:

• From what i understand, it's a bug in Cowon interface not storing the song duration for the music saved in the externalmemory.
    There's no way QTS can read a value that is not there :)
    The only difference between the two QTS versions is that in 0.10 you have the songs with 0 duration time on the submission list and you can manually change the time, and in 0.11 the songs with 0 time duration are erased from the submission list.

At this point the only improvement i can see in QTS 0.11 is to reinstate the 0 duration time songs in the submission list with the option of manually change the time. Or, in addition, put a button that automatically change any 0 duration time to a predefined time, so they can be submitted to last.fm and in case you have too many songs to manually edit one by one, giving an easier way to do it.

• xAndroidx escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 7 Feb 2010, 11:11
    I'm agree with SisifoFelice.
    Only way to impove the situation is to revert to 0.10 song fetching algorythm and to add a function to set multiple song duration.
    P.S. I've Cowon S9 and only .wma tracks have song duration =(

• Beremat escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 7 Feb 2010, 22:02
    Hmm, interesting. Yeah, setting the duration for every song would definitely work.
    For the record, I'm using the latest Cowon S9 firmware, 2.51.

• I found that qtscrob 0.11 fetches only tracks that i've uploaded to my Cowon by MTP (but it found all songs duration an time when they were played!!!!!!!!!!). I think re-uploading all tracks with MTP protocol instead of MSC will work. I'll try and then give you a shout=)

• elysia05 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Feb 2010, 21:05
    xAndroidx said:
    I found that qtscrob 0.11 fetches only tracks that i've uploaded to my Cowon by MTP (but it found all songs duration an time when they were played!!!!!!!!!!). I think re-uploading all tracks with MTP protocol instead of MSC will work. I'll try and then give you a shout=)

I think I agree with you on that. I currently have QTS on and I saw that only 1 of the tracks have duration and it's the one I recently added (when I was in MTP), while the 4 older tracks I've had for a while (before switching to MTP to try scrobbling tracks) have no duration. I was already planning on re-uploading my library on my S9 so I guess we shall see.

• Beremat escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 17 Feb 2010, 20:41
    Any news? I'd like to hear from someone else first before transferring over 16GB of songs :P

• elysia05 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Feb 2010, 20:22
    Beremat said:
    Any news? I'd like to hear from someone else first before transferring over 16GB of songs :P

You could just copy 2 songs while the device is in MTP mode and then play them in the player with 2 songs that has been in the player before it was in MTP. Then try to scrobble them and see if both the songs that was just copied were the only ones with duration. So far, it looks like that is the case, but I haven't re-uploaded my library in my S9 so I don't know if it is just really certain songs or what.

• Beremat escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 20 Feb 2010, 21:00
    It WORKS! :D

Thanks a lot, guys!

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 1 Mar 2010, 1:17
    I'm glad you've found a work-around for the Cowon issues, since I don't want to send known bad information to last.fm (i.e. made up track lengths).

I've just updated the links to 0.11 - there are a few minor tweaks to the GUI, and I've added the CLI version (until the required config file format is documented, create it by passing the -c option to the GUI and set your options). Both are now portable applications.

• Beowulf, does this mean that in 0.11 tracks with no lenght will not be fetched?

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Mar 2010, 17:45
    That's what I'm leaning towards, yes.
    From the last.fm submission specification:
    l[0]=<secs>
    The length of the track in seconds. Required when the source is P, optional otherwise.

For QTScrob the source is P - from last.fm's point this is required information, sending incorrect data will just be adding noise to their DB.

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Mar 2010, 22:35
    Updated:

OSX build (has had very little to no testing - let me know your experiences!)
    Fix timezone code, and add an option to display all times in the GUI as UTC or local
    Fix/add extra logging for MTP and iPod parsing

• Hey guys,

Never got 0.10 to work with my Cowon D2, it would find the tracks but when I submitted, I got an error msg that there was nothing to submit.

I tried the latest 0.11 preview but QTS Can't find any tracks.

After reading this thread, I'm guessing it could be because:
    - All my tracks are stored on the SD card
    - All my tracks were transferred using MSC.

I use Foobar (there's no support for MTP) to transfer tracks to my player so switching to MTP to transfer is really not an option.

If my problem is due to the bug, I have a suggestion.

Would it possible for QTS to take the playcount log, match the to the files themselves on the player and retrieve the info from the tags?

• Beowulf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 May 2010, 17:01
    Yup, you're likely right as to why the length isn't being found.

I't's not quite as simple a fix as that. Since the only way to get that track info from your Cowon is via MTP, QTScrob can only read information like Artist, Track, Album etc. It has no way to know where on the filesystem those tracks are, or how they were named - it would probably need to make its own database of all tracks on the device and their metadata (and keep it updated). It's not a feature I'm planning to add.
    But if someone else was to produce a patch... :)
    Or has anyone contacted Cowon support and asked them if it's possible to fix these issues with their MTP implementation?

• 0.11 not detecting memory card -w995

Just got an interesting bug, apparently the .11 isn't detecting the memory card at all.
    While 0.1 shows the 0 duration tracks

the logs 0.1
    INFO : MTP: Found 2 device(s)
    INFO : MTP Reading: Sony Ericsson "junkphone - Phone Memory"
    INFO : MTP Reading: Sony Ericsson "junkphone - Memory Stick (TM)"

INFO : MTP: Found 1 devices
    INFO : Device 0: Sony Ericsson

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.