Steerable Recommendations

• Steerable Recommendations

What do you think about the possiblitly to easily filter the recommendations that given by Last.fm by tags? I really like it as I'm mostly interested in some specific genres but Last.fm barely shows any recommendations for it when I don't want to delete all the other dozen recommendations.

• maz35 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Nov 2008, 12:50
    Its a great idea, I think the new recommendations system since the redesign has been a vast improvement and has more variety then the past ones but it is nice to have this option to deleve deeper to something more specific if wanted.

Only criticism I can think of at the moment is I think the list should be larger then it is currently.

• [spam]

[spam]

Editado por hjbardenhagen el 17 Ago 2011, 9:33
    • valeeva escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Nov 2008, 21:15
    This steerable is a suberb idea, just what i was waiting for!
    Unfortunately, i only get 30 sec. previews when using Steerable on the Playgorund page. While recommendations from the main last.fm plays full tracks.

• ntamas escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 7 Nov 2008, 14:59
    @maz35, @n4815162342: we just added pagination to the list of recommended artists, so now you'll be able to browse the first 50 results (of course it's less if you are filtering on specific tags).

• wmterhaar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Nov 2008, 10:34
    It would be great if you could also set a cut off value for your recommendations like "don't use artists with less than XX listens for recommendations" Too often I get recommended an artist because I checked out some other artists once which I turned out not to like.

• Its great - will it be included on the main site any time soon?

• gr3ggy escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Ene 2009, 21:54
    This is brilliant, I've always thought the recommended artists could be better and this gives us a great way to do this personally. I really hope this becomes a feature!

• alpatters escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Mar 2009, 17:08
    It would also be good to steer recommendations away from an artist.
    My recommendations are wholly dominated by delta blues artists, so moving the bias away from these would suit.

• i would really like a steerable recommended RADIO, when i click on the link that says "play these artists in the last.fm software" it only plays one song by one artist and if i click next it only plays 30 second clips from that one same artist. it would be cool if i could listen to a radio of just recommended artists but that i could set it up before i use it like multi tag radio or multi artist radio.

• Sagehorn escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Nov 2009, 21:47
    • loofio escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Ene 2010, 19:05

brilliant if it becomes permanent

i've always wanted to be able to eliminate certain genres from my recommendations... either because they were a short-lived phase i've grown out of or just because the reason they're their is something of an anomoly. would be great to get this fully integrated in the site

• I'd still like to be able to dismiss artists or tags

Yes, it's a really good idea and a big improvement. But I'd really like to be able dismiss artists or tags that I really dislike. For example the nazi-skinhead-bands that pop-up in my steerable recommendations now. I want to be absolutely sure that these artists never pop-up in my recommendation radio.

• How about to provide a link to web player page?

Looks pretty fine.

I like the link to the radio station of selected artists. But I don't use last.fm software...

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 31 Ene 2010, 15:21

Preview

It's just playing previews to me. And sometimes from the same artist.
    I liked it so much, but I still couldn't use it as well.

• This toy is both fun and educational (it's the one I use the most), but I think some of the functionality should have been (or should be) included in the main recommendations; e.g. if http://playground.last.fm/sterec/filter/cute gives me stuff (it does), http://www.last.fm/home/recs?includes=cute should too (it doesn't). I wonder if the problem is that computing recommendations is expensive or if there is some other reason that the number of artists in the main recommendations thingie is so small.

last.fm#DIV(class=messageSig)
  • Re: Preview

rnnbe said:

Well, given link is wrong!

I've made a userscript which fix that link, plus provide a link to in-page radio.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/69555

From description:
    Originally given link is for preview an artist in last.fm software. This script fixes link to direct it to Multi-Artists radio, as it was intended. Additionally, script provides link to the in-page web radio, for users not using last.fm software.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2010, 20:36

Re: Re: Preview

noviKorisnik said:
    rnnbe said:

Well, given link is wrong!

I've made a userscript which fix that link, plus provide a link to in-page radio.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/69555

From description:
    Originally given link is for preview an artist in last.fm software. This script fixes link to direct it to Multi-Artists radio, as it was intended. Additionally, script provides link to the in-page web radio, for users not using last.fm software.

Great job! That is all I was looking for!

• It totally owns!

• reshenie escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Dic 2012, 11:25
    Where is it? It says "Whoops, this page is not available right now. Please try again later." Is it closed?

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.