Recommend something to the person above you

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Jun 2006, 21:05

Recommend something to the person above you

We already have a 'recommendations' thread, but I think it would be better to have something more specific.

So, recommend an artist/album to the poster above you, and give a reason for it too. Like, 'Try Botch if you dig Converge. They're pretty similar but with a little more crazy noisy bits.'

• Lociferx escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Jun 2006, 18:51
    i see Glass Casket but no BTBAM?

go for The Silent Circus

• I see you have diverse tastes and have listened to a wee bit of Faith No More, might I suggest Mr. Bungle? California's a great listen and is their most "easy to digest" album.

• Usuario
    • 21 Jun 2006, 8:49
    I was gonna say fear factory, but youve already got that...
    So hmm... Static-X . Or Annihilator (especially go for the Scizo Deluxe album stuff)

• Spineshank. Their Self-Destructive Pattern stuff is good.

"<btc> *** is teh tr00 aZn"
    • Slaything escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Jun 2006, 0:27
    Dragonlord, both their albums are good

43q7530´76üü24´ˇ´´´47ˇ´9´yõqzgõq3ty 9+nvq526w46xct6 =/= 喵巫需資咪吃雌死 ='x
  • I see a significant amount of death metal on your journal, so might I suggest some Cryptopsy? My favorite album is Whisper Supremacy, but None So Vile is a must, as well. I just favor it a little less due to it's...well...quite anti-christian lyrics and imagery. Other than that, great death metal right there. Their new album is quite good, as well, but the production quality is awful...you can barely hear anything over the drums.

• [edited to remove double-post]

Firefox is having a fit

“why does your mouth move like that” ... “TO GRIND YOUR SKIN”
    Editado por Lost_Souls_UK el 26 Jun 2006, 14:33
  • You like progressive yet rock hard metal stuff, but have no Enslaved? Blasphemy!
    Try:

Enslaved - ISA
    Enslaved - Ruun

“why does your mouth move like that” ... “TO GRIND YOUR SKIN”
    • Dhonkuru escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Jun 2006, 4:16
    In Flames needs to feature in your list.So does Kalmah.

• ZaoFan escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Jun 2006, 8:39
    if anyone likes grind, death or melodeath try carcass as they help pioneer it all, also 3 inches of blood for power/heavy metal bands

• Usuario
    • 29 Jun 2006, 21:27
    Go with Arsis... they have a new album coming out soon too, so keep an eye out for it. If that doesn't work, you mentioned grind, death, melodeath; try Despised Icon

• ZaoFan escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 30 Jun 2006, 9:29
    will do o and by carcass i mean either heartwork or swansong, nothing earlier than heartwork if ur not into goregrind/death

• OverFjell escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Jul 2006, 17:36
    Saw you liked Hammerfall, you should check out Iced Earth, Power Metal but a little less Ironmaiden-ish

Que?
  • You have an interesting music taste, but it lacks Primus. This is unfortunate...

• I see some good prog rock and metal in there, as well as some great death/thrash/power metal. However, I see no Opeth or Pain of Salvation...you need to get into those bands. Sorry if you've already heard previews of both of them and didn't like it, though...I have trouble believing it when a metal fan hasn't heard Opeth before.

• Re:

If Opeth is at the top of your charts, ToothandNail, then I'm going to have to bludgeon you for not having Dark Suns and Katatonia on there. I heard that Jonas Renkse from Katatonia is very good friends with Mikael Åkerfeldt. I recommend these albums:

Dark Suns - Swanlike (2002)
    Katatonia - Discouraged Ones (1998)
    Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance (2006)

Of course, the above is for fans of melancholic melodic death metal. Come to think of it, you might love Bloodbath, a more in-your-face death metal supergroup that included (in the past) Mikael Åkerfeldt as well as Jonas Renkse: listen to Resurrection Through Carnage (2002).

• ZaoFan escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Jul 2006, 10:55
    ive actually got the ghost reveries but I don't listen to it much since the songs are about 7 mins long each

• Re:

Quoth ZaoFan:
    ive actually got the ghost reveries but I don't listen to it much since the songs are about 7 mins long each

C'mon! Long songs are the best!

• Re:

CURSE DOUBLE POSTING!

• WW_FSM_D escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Jul 2006, 11:03
    Hm, I don't know most bands you are listening to, I could just recommend Machinae Supremacy, because they're really good though more or less unknown, and their songs are legal to download.

They play essentially heavy metal with keyboards and c64-sounds. The vocalist is a bit strange, I had first to get used to him.

Now recommend something 4 me plz :)

• OverFjell escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Jul 2006, 11:32
    You like Nightwish, there is a chance you may like Haggard or Therion, Or Vintersorg, Otyg and Finntroll because you like Korpiklaani

Que?
    • ZaoFan escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Jul 2006, 1:43
    if your into nightwish try sentanced, they moved from a darkwave/goth metal sound to gothic rock, they did both well

• Usuario
    • 19 Jul 2006, 2:17
    ZaoFan said:
    if anyone likes grind, death or melodeath try carcass as they help pioneer it all, also 3 inches of blood for power/heavy metal bands

Sorry to burst your bubble , but Death was THE pioneering Deathmetal band, But when it comes to grindcore it's Napalm Death, the Band Bill steers was frontman for before he left to start Carcass.

• I think I've heard Nightwish before, if you like them Vanishing Point might float your boat a bit.

When you understand why you reject all other gods, you will understand why I reject yours as well.
Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.