• 11 Feb 2009, 4:06

right now....

1. Grassroots
    2. 311
    3.Transistor
    4. From Chaos
    5. Music
    6. Evolver

But I love it all equally to be honest. 311 is the jam.

• Transistor of course, followed closely by Soundsystem.

• Transistor was my favorite album from probably 1997 to 2006, so that's a solid 9 years at number 1 on my list. But after a while I just sort of feel like I outgrew the album, if that doesn't sound too pretentious. I still love what they were going for and wish they would take more chances with experimental sounds.

I find that the longer I listen to 311, the more I appreciate their earlier work. As Nick has said many times, their sound is constantly evolving and they hate being told to go back to the way they used to sound, so I don't expect them to ever really go back to it. It kind of makes me sad but oh well.

I'm surprised most people have Don't Tread On Me at the bottom of their lists. I think it's their best work since Transistor.

Anyway, my list is as follows:

1. Music (number one by a landslide; it's not even close)
    2. Grassroots
    3. Transistor

I love the others, but can't really rank them from best to worst since they all have something that I love.

• 1. Transistor (no question)
    2. Music
    3. From Chaos
    4. Soundsystem

• HG_Beany escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Abr 2009, 0:26

Changes all the time...

...but at the moment:

Grassroots: Rough ready, but with better writing than 'Music'. 311 at their rawest, and for me, the album that defines them.

Soundsystem: This album is the biggest mover for me. I never gave it a chance. But now, I think it's the tightest album they've produced, with some of my favourite rocking 311 songs

Transistor: How different can you get? Panned by the critics, this has proved to be a fans favourite. They could have played it safe with blue albumV2, but tripped out instead.

311; The album that gave them their deserved break. Full of hits and rocking songs

Don't Tread on Me: Fans hate it, but I like it. Bouncy, poppy, yes. But still great.

Music: Still a good album, just too rough to be their best. Has 'Freak Out' though, which is so awesome live.

Evolver: I don't get it. For some reason it reminds me of the Beatles. It's got some good songs, but this album gets the least spins from me. Maybe I need to give it more time.

• AndyChrz escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Abr 2009, 3:01
    You forgot From Chaos.

Here are the awesome record company groups that i lead here on Last.fm... Black Market Activities, Eulogy, Ferret, Ironclad, Lambgoat, Mediaskare, Metal Blade, Prosthetic, Roadrunner, Sumerian, Thorp, Trustkill, Willowtip
    • ipeyjns escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Abr 2009, 16:43
    Music!

• mannn that's a hard one... it's a race between Music and Grassroots for first
    and then 311, soundsystem, and from chaos are awesome as well for second
    and everything else can be third. :D

can't wait for uplifter!

• 1. From Chaos
    2. Uplifter
    3. Soundystem
    4. 311
    5. Evolver

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Mar 2010, 6:07
    1. Transistor
    2. From Chaos
    3. 311
    4. Music
    5. Soundsystem

• 1. Grassroots/ six
    2. From Chaos/ I Told Myself
    3. Blue Album/ jacolaterns weather
    4. Music/ my stony baby
    5. Sound system/ flowing
    6. Evolver/ beyond the grey sky

• Why do people say transistor? That album is one of there worst. Don't tread on me is by far there worst the uplifter then transistor

• Why do people say transistor? That album is one of there worst. Don't tread on me is by far there worst the uplifter then transistor

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.