• pimrupert escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Nov 2004, 12:48

Autechre-group

Funny to see that the Autechre group has Radiohead as it's #2, even above Aphex Twin... LOL

verdikkie
  • Funny?! I think its downright outrageous... ;) I can't imagine ever thinking "Ooh, I think I'll listen to Hail to the Thief next" right after playing Draft 7.30.

I wonder if certain artists have enjoyed an increase in sales since Radiohead began to emulate them? I really doubt they are mutually complimentary. And if Richard D. James' offhand remarks about Radiohead are anything to go by, there certainly isn't much mutual respect there either.

How can Radiohead come across as anything but uninspiringly dour in comparison to the music of those they namedrop? Ever get the feeling that you're missing part of picture...?

"If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap." -- Frank Zappa
    Editado por dr_rufflove el 18 Dic 2004, 2:05
    • pimrupert escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Ene 2005, 15:54
    You are right :) HttT is btw Radioheads worst album imho. But let's not talk about Radiohead.

Another remarkable fact, the fact why I left this group: U2 & Billy Joel in the top5...

verdikkie
  • Yup, I was kind of perplexed to see Billy Joel so high in the stats... ;) U2 - mmm, the first good of albums were good...

I decided not to discriminate on the basis of taste and it seems that people who don't like Radiohead cannot be put under one particular musical demographic or other...

• pimrupert escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Ene 2005, 7:59
    I really really HATE U2, sorry.

(Although I like to listen to some of their first albums, I just can't stand thinking of them performing, talking, eating, shitting or whatever...)

Bono is on my toplist of people I'm going to kill if they still exist in 2006. Seriously.

verdikkie
  • Re:

Quoth pimrupert:
    Bono is on my toplist of people I'm going to kill if they still exist in 2006. Seriously.

Fair play. But maybe if Bono would have otherwise saved the world in 2007, had he not been assassinated, then maybe he'd also have also donated a free iPod to every child who'd previously lived below the breadline... Think of the children, man! ;)

Editado por dr_rufflove el 7 Feb 2005, 16:34
  • kinda funny too saying Radiohead tries to sound like Autechre when Radiohead has been around longer

hmmmm

GET ROWDY!
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 May 2005, 5:28

Re:

Quoth pimrupert:
    I really really HATE U2, sorry.

(Although I like to listen to some of their first albums, I just can't stand thinking of them performing, talking, eating, shitting or whatever...)

CAN I HELP!!!! :)

• Re:

Quoth KillerDialysis:
    kinda funny too saying Radiohead tries to sound like Autechre when Radiohead has been around longer

hmmmm

Longevity has nothing to do with it.

As it happens, Autechre's first release preceded the first Radiohead release by nearly one year.

• Re:

Double post - that'll teach me not to use the back button...

Editado por dr_rufflove el 3 May 2005, 15:14
    • Usuario
    • 9 Jun 2005, 4:31

Re:

Quoth KillerDialysis:
    kinda funny too saying Radiohead tries to sound like Autechre when Radiohead has been around longer

It's also amusing because Autechre didn't pick-up guitars and start rocking out. It was Radiohead who tried to emulate that Warp sound, by using software, synths, samplers into their compositions, etc.

And Dr. Rufflove is correct about longevity being an irrelevance. Officially, Autechre were around first.

As for Bono and Thom trying to save the world. Perhaps they should try making some good music which both haven't done in quite sometime. Although, I doubt they are now capable, maybe that's the reason both have tried to become 'politicians'? ;)

• Since neither Bono, nor Thom seems to make any music decent good people (us, that is), don't you think it's better that they do focus on saving the world, you never know, maybe they are better at that world-saving thingy than making music? I wouldn't miss their music, thats fer sure. On the other hand, becoming full time heros would mean we would see their faces and hear their opinions basically everywhere. This is very difficult. Tis too early in the morning, I shouldn't have gotten into this before breakfast.

;)

• Bono for breakfast?

By comparison, Bono and Thom make Bob Geldof and his 'Live 8' plans appear thoroughly well grounded. That said, yeah, I still agree that they are better off sticking with the heroic, world-saving, self-effacement bit. Then again, I doubt people living below the bread line in other continents feel well represented by Thom Yorke's middle class, adolescent crooning...

• Usuario
    • 16 Ago 2005, 8:11
    you guys scared me....maybe i should really leave that fake autechre group

*runs to his group settings*

oh, and hi all btw.

• Hi obara. I'd suggest that you find 200 other Autechre fans who don't like Radiohead and then mentally bludgeon them into joining the Autechre group...

*/ suddenly realises that he is a member of the Autechre group as well /*

Thanks for popping your head around the door! Hope to see you more often ;)

BTW - I've never seen that */cough/* other group! I've applied to join too. I should add a reciprocal link...

• Usuario
    • 4 Oct 2005, 11:02
    heh :) it seems that ae group is full of radiohead fans. or radiohead undercover fans. but i shall face the shame of being in that group, for the sake of autechres !

• Usuario
    • 8 Oct 2007, 8:34
    wait..have I left that group for good !

long time no talk btw, 2005 ?? omg

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.