EVILEST/DARKEST METAL ARTISTS

• EVILEST/DARKEST METAL ARTISTS

Which metal artist do you think is the sickest / evilest / most satanic / blackened / scariest ?

From the artists I am familiar with so far, the following two are the darkest ones.
    Cradle of Filth and Mayhem

Do tell us of your favorite darkest bands. Looking forward to a lot of responses.

Feel free to post artist names, album covers, music videos, live concert stunts, real life 'evil' facts around musicians.

Go here to find a full compilation of all artist names mentioned in the entire thread :
    http://www.last.fm/group/Metal/forum/151/_/547725/2#f11014626

Editado por lamniformes el 5 Dic 2009, 8:35
  • I got a good list of nasty bands

cunt shredder
    deeds of flesh
    fleshgrind
    sarguist

• some guidelines ....

1. please insert lastfm url to the artist you post .... so we can conveniently check out on the bands ....

2. this thread is about talking dark/sick/evil music, but lets not completely forget that the quality of sound/vocals (the entire music as a whole actually) and aesthetic appeal also matter.

3. you may also mention individual tracks or albums (again pls insert lastfm urls), but i recommend Artists rather than isolated individual tracks

that said, looking forward to more responses .......

Editado por lamniformes el 6 Jul 2009, 13:35
    • Frubeling escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Jul 2009, 13:31
    I'll be doing this from an aesthetic point of view, rather than lyrical or image based.

Anaal Nathrakh
    How the apocalypse would sound in music form.

Origin
    Just listen to Echoes of Decimation, you'll see what I mean.

Arghoslent
    Racist music. Need I say more?

I don't really do "evil", I prefer "angry", so this is where I finish.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 7 Jul 2009, 9:01
    Pig Destroyer
    Funny name, hardcore music. It's grindcore and contains some very brutal and sick lyrics. They have some pretty short songs, but one in particular that was long and I guess "O.K." was Loathsome.

Gorgoroth
    Black Metal from Norway. It is believed that Pest, the vocalist of Gorgoroth could have been easily labeled the most evil man in the world. Good stuff though, I had listened to the song Carving A Giant for quite some time.

Decapitated
    Polish Death Metal, they started around 1997 and are currently on a hiatus. Nihility is a pretty good album.

Vile
    They are given a title of Brutal Death Metal, and are from America. They began in 1996 and are still playing. If you haven't heard Brutal Death Metal, then take out "metal" and go from there. It's pretty much what it is.

Aeon
    Another Brutal Death Metal band, but from Sweden. Still playing to this very day.

Cannibal Corpse
    Hahaha, and then there's Cannibal Corpse. Some of the most horrific and disgusting imagery and lyrics can be found within this band. They started in the late '80s and are still touring today.

I can't really choose a most "evil" metal band, but it'd have to be one of these five. I was going to throw Marilyn Manson on there, but I'm sure that would have already been a given.

Editado por un antiguo usuario el 7 Jul 2009, 22:13
  • my personal evilest artist is Eternal Tears of Sorrow with their new album Children of the dark Water -->have a look to it :)

• Usuario
    • 7 Jul 2009, 11:18
    I'm not a huge fan of Black Metal, but as I've listened to some bands, I must admit that Silencer [Suicide Black Metal] is sick. :D Yeah, and Burzum, Bathory, Bethlehem, Behemoth. Every Black Metal band is sick and evil, lol. :D

• It's hard to say what metal band which is everything you said.

But I would say it's got to be Debauchery

• Bijlie escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Jul 2009, 11:20
    I see a lot of evil bands butt i'm missing the band that was formed to be the most Satanic and anti-Christianity band ever, Marduk

Non Serviam

About Religion:
    Adults With Imaginary Friends Are Stupid

• Butlar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Jul 2009, 12:12

Re: Evilest/Darkest Metal Artists

lamniformes said:
    Which metal artist do you think is the sickest / evilest / most digusting / most satanic / blackened / scariest ?

From the artists I am familiar with, the following two are the darkest ones. I find it a tough call to one as more evil or dark than the other.

Cradle of Filth and
    Mayhem

I happen to be a fan of horror and darkness. The darker anything gets, the more it fascinates me.

Do tell us of your favorite darkest bands. Looking forward to a lot of responses.
    Oh yes, Mayhem... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band) gotta say thats pretty f**ked up allready... ^^

• Moyjgc escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Jul 2009, 22:48
    burzum gorgoroth and more

▓▓▓╚╬╝▲▲▲☯мσιѕєѕ☯▲▲▲╚╬╝▓▓▓
    ⌐⌐]
    __
    ⌐⌐]
    '
    • Bijlie escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Jul 2009, 6:53
    I wanted to post Burzum the man that killed Euronymous and ate same time Mayhem, burned some churches in Norway, butt Moyigc posted him!

Non Serviam

About Religion:
    Adults With Imaginary Friends Are Stupid

• Fattruck escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Jul 2009, 15:28

Which metal artist do you think is the sickest / evilest / most digusting / most satanic / blackened / scariest ?

• Sharkuu escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Jul 2009, 14:45
    IMO

Definetly Khanate,
    Funeralium
    and Wormphlegm

Also the band Senthil seems to be ultra sick, scary and in-human, although I have never bothered to check the band out.
    I have also heard that they have strangled themselves with chains to make their vocals!

I can't say that much, because I haven't heard that much of the most bands, so just youtube a little.

Edit: I heard some Senthil, and it is fucking sick, really check them out!

Editado por Sharkuu el 12 Jul 2009, 19:57
    • krzyrzyk escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Jul 2009, 17:41
    heh Burzum ruless.. \m/ xd Varg Vikernes.

hohoho
    • vimarsh escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Jul 2009, 12:36
    Coldworld .

I don'y like black much , but his band is good

Vimarsh.C
  • Read some Carpathian Forest or Nattefrost lyrics. Sick stuff.

Curse you all men,
    Whose coil is strong

Join Metal Guitar Addicts - the new home of extreme metal guitar
    • Usuario
    • 21 Jul 2009, 23:55
    Gorgoroth

• Emtay13 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Ago 2009, 21:58
    Gorgoroth, Burzum.
    Varg Vikernes = ♥

the pawn moves forward an inch
    • minelys escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Ago 2009, 8:56
    Varg.

• Macabre sounds happy but it is pretty evil

• Greg72 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Sep 2009, 17:17
    I find the entire "sickest / evilest / most disgusting / most satanic / blackened / scariest" image to be incredibly trite and just stupid. I think corpse paint is inane to the point of being comical. I'm not sure what is worse, the bands that project this image as a gimmick like Cradle of Filth, or those that actually believe the asinine crap that they spew forth like Glen Benton from Deicide.

• Corpse paint is an essential and key part of the disassociative nature of Black Metal - along with the vocals and the imagery. By distancing the artist from the person they are off-stage, it creates an otherworldly effect, enabling them to absorb the on-stage persona to create a more immersive visual impact during the performance. This is the same reason aliases are used instead of real names.

It may look comical to you, but it is essential to some in order to convey the visual side of Black Metal.

Curse you all men,
    Whose coil is strong

Join Metal Guitar Addicts - the new home of extreme metal guitar
    • Frubeling escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Sep 2009, 15:21
    The best BM bands use no/ minimal corpse paint

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.