session isn't valid = america...

• session isn't valid = america...

pls fix the problem and my gamertag is from USA!!!!!

• me 2

• session isn't valid please log in to last.fm again

please fix my account 2 my gamertag is form usa 2

session isn't valid please log in to last.fm again if the problem persist, please visit www.last.fm/xbox on your computer ... whats the deal

• Last.fm streaming is limited by the location of the device.

Can you confirm that you are using your Xbox in the USA or UK? The application won't work outside of those countries even if you created an account in them.

Cheers,
    David

• Bitboy56 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2009, 15:19

Session isn't valid

I have an American Xbox 360 with an American Xbox Live account (paid for with a US credit card). I am currently living in Canada (as a diplomat), which entitles me to legally procure, view, and otherwise access any and all US media and content, as per the Vienna Convention.

If it indeed is the case that content is being blocked due to an arcane RIR geographical IP address check, this needs to be fixed so as not to violate international laws.

• We do limit the availability of Last.fm streaming on Xbox by geographical location, in accordance with our licensing deals.

Where you bought your Xbox and the payment method for your Xbox Live account unfortunately have no effect on this limitation.

• saidg escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2009, 15:44

Geographical Limitation

Having subscribed from Qatar, you have accepted my payment by credit card. LAST.FM should have rejected my payment request and denied me access in the first place.

FYI... I am still listning to music on my scobbler when using my PC. (this is rather inconsistent with the stated policy).

Please advice course of action to refund payment or deliver on the service.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2009, 18:32

Puerto Rico

Im located in Puerto Rico and I too am receiving the Session isn't valid problem. Are US territories restricted aswell? then whats the point of generalizing this dashboard update. I'm aware i have the option to not download it but it should of been described with detail where it works and where it does not. Im listening to Coldplay Radio on my laptop on the same connection as my 360 therefor making all this redundant.

• Hello

I live in Russia, but because Russia does not have Live, I have deliberately registered it in the U.S. (probably like many who have also not Live-a)
    When you try to enter at any point (Tagg Statios, Gamer Station, Your Library Station and etc.)

Popup "Session isn't valid. Please log in to Last.fm again."

• Re: Puerto Rico

TrueBoricua said:
    Im located in Puerto Rico and I too am receiving the Session isn't valid problem. Are US territories restricted aswell? then whats the point of generalizing this dashboard update. I'm aware i have the option to not download it but it should of been described with detail where it works and where it does not. Im listening to Coldplay Radio on my laptop on the same connection as my 360 therefor making all this redundant.

i can use my iPhone to hear last.fm, even my comp, xbox live i can't - what?!?
    good question, we are US territorie!! whats the deal?
    US territories restricted aswell?

• Another disappointed international subscriber here.

This situation it's a shame, specially considering that we can use the service on a computer or the iPhone without trouble. This action is clearly in detriment of your paying consumers and doesn't show a lot of respect.

I understand that maybe it isn't entirely your fault, but accepting a deal like this where you leave in the cold your paying subscribers is regretful.

• This is not an official response, just a rough explanation

Music licensing is an incredibly complicated affair. Not only do the rules vary hugely by country, but also method or device - they also change over time.

The laws for streaming via a website, a mobile phone or Xbox vary significantly.

Ideally Last.fm would be available in as many ways and as many places as possible. But we have to work within the legal frameworks available.

We're looking in to the legality of streaming to certain US territories, such as Puerto Rico. As soon as we have a definite answer we'll let you know, it may take some time though.

Hope this helps explain the difficulties involved,
    David

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2009, 21:53

Puerto Rico

Hopefully this is something that is finalized by the time the actual release is made. Thanks for the "rough explanation" underpangs. Location restriction for us in Puerto Rico has been an issue since the beginning of the Marketplace and has always been fixed no matter what content.

• kingv84 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2009, 23:41
    underpangs said:
    We do limit the availability of Last.fm streaming on Xbox by geographical location, in accordance with our licensing deals.

Where you bought your Xbox and the payment method for your Xbox Live account unfortunately have no effect on this limitation.

It is so funny, that Apple's iTunes Store is the only online music, movies, tv shows and app service that has the right geographical system. They check by your credit cards region. My US credit card and home address entitles me to purchase content from iTunes no matter where am located. Am located in germany and am able to purchase all content on iTunes store. Microsoft, Sony and now Last.FM on Xbox use the stupid IP Checker even though some US customers live overseas and are entitled to the content. This is the reason iTunes is ruling the world. Thanks for nothing.

• kingv84 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2009, 23:49
    I really hate all this IP checking crap the media companies are using. They need to check by Credit Card and billing address just like Apple. I can not purchase or stream anything from the Playstation Network Video store, Xbox Live Video and Game store, Last.Fm on Xbox, Pandora, Hulu, nothing overseas. Why? because everybody uses IP Checker. iTunes is the only service to purchase anything if you are American living overseas, other than download illegally. This is why people go rogue and download stuff from torrents. The media companies make it a pain in the ass to get their content, even when we are waving our wallets at them. Stupid.

• MUGamer escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Oct 2009, 4:26

Last FM from MU

I'm from Mauritius, i've got a paid subscription tp Last FM and can't play on my XBox360. Only on my PC is works. Does not make sense to me !!

FAB!!
  • kingv84 пишет:
    I really hate all this IP checking crap the media companies are using. They need to check by Credit Card and billing address just like Apple. I can not purchase or stream anything from the Playstation Network Video store, Xbox Live Video and Game store, Last.Fm on Xbox, Pandora, Hulu, nothing overseas. Why? because everybody uses IP Checker. iTunes is the only service to purchase anything if you are American living overseas, other than download illegally. This is why people go rogue and download stuff from torrents. The media companies make it a pain in the ass to get their content, even when we are waving our wallets at them. Stupid.

+1!!!

• sizzleboy escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Oct 2009, 13:59

I just paid subscription to last fm

I just paid subscription to last fm and I cant listen to music. Really stupid. Why did it not reject my paying at first. It collects the money then gives me bullshit message. This is effin stupid. Why not make the Last FM download available to just US and UK then. This is robbery, I think I have a valid case here. I demand a refund.

• Re: I just paid subscription to last fm

sizzleboy said:
    I just paid subscription to last fm and I cant listen to music. Really stupid. Why did it not reject my paying at first. It collects the money then gives me bullshit message. This is effin stupid. Why not make the Last FM download available to just US and UK then. This is robbery, I think I have a valid case here. I demand a refund.

I would suggest not buying a subscription to a service for a beta application until you have installed and tested it. If you feel mislead and wish to seek a refund you should get in touch with our support team.

The way the app was made available (to users with a US or UK Xbox Live account) means that users who are not physically in those countries have the app available, but can't use it. This has clearly caused a lot of confusion and people are, rightfuly, unhappy.

The point of a beta is to discover issues like this before launching it fully, we'll be working with Xbox to try and make this much clearer.

• Usuario
    • 27 Oct 2009, 14:41

Puerto Rico

This is to inform that Puerto Rico Last.FM on xbox 360 works! I am glad and thank you to all those who made it possible. Enjoy!

• Fix!! problem solved.
    now u can closed my thread. RIP

• Last FM

Hello I am from South Africa, and it gives me same messages when i try to listen to music off my Xbox, is this due to restriction?

• Even if you have a US or UK gamertag, you still need to be resident in either country.

• im from canada and a last.fm subscriber and i cant get it on my xbox. i pay for the service and can get it on my pc but not xbox? well i probably wont subscribe again in the near future

• r3tch escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Nov 2009, 15:20

BETA....REALLY NEWS TO EVERY XBOX LIVE OWNER WHEN THEY LOG ON HERE!

I would suggest not buying a subscription to a service for a beta application until you have installed and tested it. If you feel mislead and wish to seek a refund you should get in touch with our support team. The way the app was made available (to users with a US or UK Xbox Live account) means that users who are not physically in those countries have the app available, but can't use it. This has clearly caused a lot of confusion and people are, rightfuly, unhappy. The point of a beta is to discover issues like this before launching it fully, we'll be working with Xbox to try and make this much clearer.

I would say this to last.fm, If you are going to release a Beta for troubleshooting! TELL PEOPLE TO STATE THAT WHEN YOU ADVERTISE AND MARKET YOUR PRODUCT! FYI nowhere on the xbox does it say BETA VERSION or UNDERDEVELOPMENT !

not to mention your support sux! I hope bill drops the hammer on you guys!

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.