Last FM crashes on Iphone 3g with OS4

• john0380 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Jul 2010, 9:29

Last FM crashes on Iphone 3g with OS4

Ok, I'm starting a new thread on this because the last one has not been responded to by a member of the Last FM staff. I am therefore asking that a member of staff respond to this ASAP since I currently pay for a premium Last FM account which I only ever use on my Iphone and have been unable to use it for the past 2 weeks since updating the software to OS4 on my Iphone 3g. In case you are still unaware of the problem Last FM staff, the app only works for about 10 minutes before it starts to stutter, at which point not even the home button will do anything and I am forced to wait until the program crashes completely and the phone restores itself which takes about a minute or so. It is clearly happening on every single Iphone 3g judging by the amount of people who have written in on an earlier thread on this same problem. Can you please just respond to this thread by letting us know that you are working on the problem.. Even if the answer is 'we don't know what's causing this' at least we'd know that you are working on a solution. Every day I check expectantly for an update to my favourite app, but there has been nothing so far. Come on Last FM staff, what's the story?...

• c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 18 Jul 2010, 23:46
    We're currently looking into this issue and hope to have an update available soon.

• Willitito escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Jul 2010, 19:33

+1

Same happening for me, a happy Swiss subscriber.
    iPhone 3G with bloody iOS4 on it. Grrrrr...

Happy to read something is supposed to be on the way...

gentlemen prefer blondes
  • Yeah, me too. I could go for hours on this app now it's less then three songs. I regret updating this app. You guys are my favorite.

• pkoops escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Jul 2010, 7:34
    I had the same problems with iOS 4 and my iPhone 3G.
    Yesterday I updated to iOS 4.0.1 and the problem seemed to be fixed.
    At least I can hear more than 3 tracks or 10 minutes.

A friend of mine reported, that with iOS4 he only had about 3-4 MB of free RAM on the phone.
    After updating to 4.0.1 the iPhone has 30+ MB of free RAM.

• john0380 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Jul 2010, 9:00

OS 4.0.1 no help at all

Updating to OS 4.0.1 has NOT helped my IPhone 3G unfortunately, just so you know Last FM staff! :-)

• Looking forward to an update

Updating to OS 4.0.1 has not helped me either. Is OS4 Apples first release following microsofts footsteps, a giant that releases crappy software and then spends their whole time firefighting!

• ??????

Here in Spain does not work for a second, the application will not open. We know that is not available on itunes for a long time, but that we want to continue holding it, as for many our favorite application. It will be an update on itunes or what we have to do?

• c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 20 Jul 2010, 23:46

Re: ??????

joaquinpiquer said:
    Here in Spain does not work for a second, the application will not open. We know that is not available on itunes for a long time, but that we want to continue holding it, as for many our favorite application. It will be an update on itunes or what we have to do?
    We cannot currently distribute the app outside of the US, UK, and Germany.

• pkoops escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Jul 2010, 7:12

Re: Looking forward to an update

drewberryp sagte:
    Updating to OS 4.0.1 has not helped me either. Is OS4 Apples first release following microsofts footsteps, a giant that releases crappy software and then spends their whole time firefighting!

Yeah, I realized that today.
    Yesterday everything seemed to be okay, today I have the same error again :/
    So 4.0.1 is not the solution.

• thanks, but,??????

Thanks for the reply, but the same response as we know it. Specifically, why not be distributed? why we could download from his days in Spain? Why the case in other countries, not updated in EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY where you could download?

• scrobbler..

since i updated my 3g to 4.0.1 and my itunes to 9.2.1, the scrobbler no longer starts up with itunes and no longer scrobbles songs from my iphone, even if i try to "manually" scrobble under diagnostics.

EDIT 7/29-
    recieved this link from a lastfm rep, works fine so far.

http://cdn.last.fm/client/Mac/Last.fm-1.5.4.26863.dmg

onlynow
    Editado por modernmode el 29 Jul 2010, 17:12
    • huhtis escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Jul 2010, 11:25

Scrobbling not working

I have the same problem than modernmode: scrobbling is not working in iPhone 3g OS 4.0.1 with iTunes 9.2.1.

• kcorn escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Jul 2010, 6:12

LastFM's iPhone app shut down and won't reload.

I had the same symptoms reported above: The IPhone App would work for a few minutes, then begin to stutter, and then shut down. The last time I actually had a hard time getting out of it when it shut down. Now, it will not work at all. It does not even load. This makes me sad, and makes me curious about Last FM's competitors. So I hope the fix is coming very very soon.

• Another inhappy iPhone user

Would gladly pay a membership fee if you'd fix the iPhone's time out interface. Will go elsewhere soon and sadly dissappointed

• Ok, I'm happy!

Reloaded app, now have complete functionality to include browsing while listening! Thanks guys (2.3.0 /. 4.0 / disable autolock, off / statistics, on / scrobble, off

• Re: Ok, I'm happy!

ProgressiveKat said:
    Reloaded app, now have complete functionality to include browsing while listening! Thanks guys (2.3.0 /. 4.0 / disable autolock, off / statistics, on / scrobble, off

Have you checked if the songs that are played through the app can be scrobbled later?? It's really important to have these songs imported in the library :/

Edit: I can confirm that this way, the radio is working, played over 7 songs, used the next song button too, the app seems to be running fine. But for now no scrobbling....

Municipal Waste is gonna FUCK-YOU-UP
    • jhentrich escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 28 Jul 2010, 15:09

once more

same problem with 4.0.1 on iPhone 3G(16GB)...
    3 songs in a row possible - then complete breakdown
    its so sad!

• PhilJoel escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Jul 2010, 13:30

iPhone4, iOS4..0.1

Just to add my name to the list of people for whom the service doesn't work for more than a couple of songs.

Any idea on the time until an update??

• awtowsey escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 31 Jul 2010, 12:10
    I have the ipod touch with the latest firmware on it. Usually also only get about 10 minutes or so, then the music stutters and the app crashes. Usually if I start the app again straight away it works fine for another 10 minutes and does the same thing.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Ago 2010, 16:01

hotairmail

I want to add my name to this frustrating issue.

I will stop my subscription soon if not sorted out. Been nearly a whole month now.

• xnmeme escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Ago 2010, 17:09

last fm app on iOS 4 crashes, and sometimes crashes the phone entirely

The app is crashing after just a few songs, as mentioned by others above. Sometimes it is even causing my whole phone to shutdown. Any fixes for this?

• espinozr escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Ago 2010, 23:56

Re: last fm app on iOS 4 crashes, and sometimes crashes the phone entirely

xnmeme said:
    The app is crashing after just a few songs, as mentioned by others above. Sometimes it is even causing my whole phone to shutdown. Any fixes for this?

Exactly the same problem for me. It works for a few minutes and then crashes pretty bad :(

• raamstraat escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 18 Ago 2010, 19:39

Same here,

After about 3 song it is chrashing. Please solve tuis problem

• jeryloves escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 1 Sep 2010, 16:39

i love it

i love it on my iphone

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.