Background question and sugestions

• alaxjo escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Nov 2008, 4:42

Background question and sugestions

Sugestion 1: Look Flycast

"[...]Other new features include an embedded web browser, allowing users to surf the web while listening to their favorite station, background play [...]"

Any chance for provide similar feature in last.fm app?

Sugestion 2: Youtube link, in addition to buy in iTunes item.

Sugestion 3: Look, and replie scrap and messages.

Thx a lot.

Sorry my bad english.

[]'s,
    Edu

• Apple deliberately imposed restrictions (read disallowed) many of their apps running in the background, and I'm fairly sure completely blanket banned third party developers doing so. I'm not sure if this policy has changed (I guess it must have?) but one option you have is to jailbreak your iphone / ipod touch, then download the application 'backgrounder'.

This will let you run last.fm in its current build in the background. I haven't done it, and so have no opinion either way on reliability, but at least one other forum user has, and has had no issues.

• osolage escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 12 Dic 2008, 13:12

Background Scrobbling

It really burns me up that MobileScrobbler can scrobble in the background but the Last.fm client for the iPhone can't. The thing that really upsets me the most is that Apple for some reason has deliberately limited the efforts of one of the best development groups I've ever been a customer of. Apple could truly benefit by making an exception at least for Last.fm do do background scrobbling. Jailbreaking (i.e. hacking) the iPhone should never be the first option for a software application with such a wide distribution.

Can you offer any advice on how to petition Apple to let Last.fm run AudioScrobbler in the background?

• Lyrics in Last.fm

I would like to see also the Lyrics in Last.fm.
    As the Simplify has this feature, maybe this is also possible in addition to Artist bio.
    I think they get their lyrics from Wikilyrics.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Dic 2008, 18:32
    The original poster was simply asking if the Last.fm client could add it's own built-in web browser, as many other apps (like Flycast) have one. That way you can browse the web without leaving the Last.fm app (and therefore cutting off your music). There's nothing preventing the Last.fm client to have this -- it's just a matter of whether the developer deems it important enough.

It would be cool to have a built-in browser, but I would MUCH rather the SOCIAL aspects of the Last.fm website were beefed up in the app first. It would be great to access your inbox, or at the very least yours (and everyone else's) shoutbox.

It's the social part of Last.fm that sets it apart from all the other "radio apps." And frankly, it's the social stuff that drew me to Last.fm in the first place - and what's kept me here.

Plus, the ability to search and ADD events on your own, or search for information on artists or specific tracks (right now you can only do it when a certain band is playing AT THAT MOMENT on your radio).

Groups would be lovely, though I can see that being more problematic (and really, it's not as essential).

And of course, additional stuff for subscribers, like "Recent Visitors" ;-)

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.