Lastm Ipod touch/iphone app broken with 2.1 firmware upgrade

• Lastm Ipod touch/iphone app broken with 2.1 firmware upgrade

I can no longer use this app on my ipod touch after installing the 2.1 firmware update

I uninstalled and the reinstalled the app and it still wont work.

Anyone else having this problem?

• dschre escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Sep 2008, 17:52

LastFM with 2.1 firmware -- also not working for me

I also deleted and reinstalled the ap. It starts up, but if you create a station the play screen appears to work, but the title is a generic "Station Name" and even though it appears to buffer, when it starts to play - no sound. No artwork displays either.

Very strange, since I've checked most of my aps and they seem to work fine with 2.1

• c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 11 Sep 2008, 18:16
    This is a known issue (please check the known issues topic). Version 1.x of our app is not compatible with firmware 2.1, the upcoming 2.0 version of our app will work on the new firmware.

• dschre escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Sep 2008, 18:36

Cannot locate "known issues"

As a new user, I looked for the "known issues" topic, but couldn't locate it. It's probably obvious but could you give me a path?

Thanks much for the info on the compatibility issue. Look forward to version 2.0

• UncleAnts escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Sep 2008, 19:27
    Its the fifth sticky topic down from the top.

C99koder. I would imagine finding the OS update buggered your app was a little disheartening and has probably put the pressure on a bit, so I wouldn't want to seem pushy at all, but any idea on the ETA for the new version?

I think its a little concerning in general that an OS upgrade can seemingly break an app (not specifically your one I mean), but that's another subject I guess.

This really is a killer app ... or could/should/would be

Good luck to you

• With many people updating to 2.1 right now, do you plan to release last.fm 2.0 soon?

• devotee escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Sep 2008, 8:45
    Pressure pushing down on me
    Pressing down on you no man ask for
    Under pressure - that burns a building down
    Splits a family in two
    Puts people on streets
    Um ba ba be
    Um ba ba be
    De day da
    Ee day da

Sorry! I couldn't resist... :)

• lol I updated my iphone to 2.1 and then got last FM for the first time.

Was wondering what the heck was wrong.

• new user

Eek, my first experience of the much praised last.fm - a broken app.

• When is update for Firmware 2.1 Availible

Does anyone know when the update for Last.fm will be able to be downloaded?

• im having the same problem...no song info, or sound...what can i do to fix this on my iTouch?

• same here. it sux! please bring the LAstFM update out soon!!

• mr-nick escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Sep 2008, 18:35

Not isolated... Another broken app!

Updated firmware yesterday and now last fm app is broken!
    App loads, allows starting stations, buffers then the screen turns gray. Seems like it's playing a track but can't hear anything!
    When will there be an update!! ??

• Me Too :(

Just updated my iPod Touch to 2.1 and my favourite app now broken..... how disappointed am I? Exactly same problem as everyone else. Can't wait for the new update ...... NO PRESSURE!!!

• musicmobs escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 13 Sep 2008, 20:22
    Hi Everyone. It's really too bad that firmware 2.1 broke the app, but the good news is Last.fm 2.0 is almost ready for production. We should have it submitted to Apple early next week for approval. It works great with firmware 2.1. Help is on the way!

• harding33 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Sep 2008, 3:17

updates messing up apps no suprise

hey i see im not the only one with this issue the 2.1 update is fine and working but with this app so far but i work for iphone tech support this is not a suprise and as i know from day one of the iphones lunch last year is to relax and wait

• lreich escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Sep 2008, 20:25

iPhone 2.1 firmware issue

I see that the latest post was about September 11th. It is now Sunday, the 14th. Any news on 2.0 of LastFM for the iPhone? Thank you.

• Ah, so that's what happened. I wondered why it wasn't working.

• Bheegman escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Sep 2008, 1:53

Not working after firmware update :-(

the last fm has stopped working for me after I done the 2.1 firmware upgrade. Can someone please fix this problem soon?

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Sep 2008, 10:39
    See above:

musicmobs said:
    Hi Everyone. It's really too bad that firmware 2.1 broke the app, but the good news is Last.fm 2.0 is almost ready for production. We should have it submitted to Apple early next week for approval. It works great with firmware 2.1. Help is on the way!

• Usuario
    • 15 Sep 2008, 11:52
    Broken for me too here. Alas I suspect that as much as the people here at Last.FM will want to get the update out as soon as possible, even updates have to make their way through Apple's App Store testing and checking processes before it will be available :(

• hooray, glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm guessing it'll take a while for it to be approved by apple, so I'll have to keep checking. Will the app automatically update itself when the update is released? Keep up the good work :)

• Usuario
    • 16 Sep 2008, 20:03

Last.FM iPhone app not working properly

I'm experiencing the same problems with the Last.FM iPhone app as other users on this discussion forum. Since the 2.1 firmware update the app hasn't been working properly.

• Usuario
    • 16 Sep 2008, 20:59
    See below:StudleyUK said:
    See above:

musicmobs said:

• slemx escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 17 Sep 2008, 0:19

Just downgrade your firmware to 2.0.2

In the meantime just downgrade your iPod firmware to 2.0.2 and continue enjoying the last.fm app on your Touch or iPhone. That's what I did and everything works fine now. I will re-upload the 2.1 firmware as soon as Last.fm 2.0 is available :)

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.