Missing album art behavior

• Kurich escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Jun 2011, 16:06

Missing album art behavior

Hi, I totaly love the album art cloud! But it has one little drawback: when just a single album art is missing, the entire cloud is dropped. I think that in such situation it would be much more convenient to simply ignore the missing art (but inform the user about it) and generate the cloud from the remaining album arts. Cloud with one missing album is still better then nothing at all.

• I have this same problem.

• shoxrocks escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Jul 2011, 11:57
    Actually this shouldn't happen anymore but instead the missing covers are replaced with placeholder images, hmm

• AndoDoug escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Ene 2012, 10:48

obsessive fix

If you don't want your album cover art cloud tainted with 'placeholder images' or whatever, here's a labor-intensive but effective fix:
    -Use this top albums generator tool and create a list that will include the album in question. http://covers.nmstudio.pl/
    -Paste the resulting html into your About Me.
    -Now click on the offending blank album, letting last.fm take you to a page for it.
    -You'll now be at the page you need to edit - by uploading cover art, which will be put to work straightaway by last.fm tools.

• i hope i'm doing this the right way. i'm eager to see if the update will show my missing art i've added!

• AndoDoug escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Abr 2012, 1:51
    let us know! always fun to get it just the way you want it

• AndoDoug escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 May 2012, 11:34

success:

PapaWolfChop:
    it looks great! i'm stoked!

• i'm noticing alot more missing artwork lately even though i've been adding missing ones. is this because last.fm has been so slow and laggey lately? i'm trying to see which covers are missing the way that i was show (which always worked great) and now i'm just getting and error

• AndoDoug escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Nov 2012, 5:54

Another step!

The solution mentioned above now seems to require another step -

If you don't want your album cover art cloud tainted with 'placeholder images' or whatever:

1. Use this top albums generator tool and create a list that will include the album in question. http://covers.nmstudio.pl/
    -2. aste the results into your About Me as usual.
    3 Now click on the offending blank album, letting last.fm take you to a page for it.
    4. You'll now be at the page you need to edit - by uploading cover art.
    5. When you refresh your page, nothing will change. You now have to repeat steps 1 and 2 before the voilà moment.

• bristela escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Jul 2013, 15:18

more missing album art

Thanks for pointing me to the top albums generator. Cool tool.

Unfortunately, when I use it all of the album covers appear in the top album generator but there are still anonymous placeholders in the album cloud.

Any thoughts? help?

• bristela escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Jul 2013, 15:45

more missing album art

I also frequently get album art missing in the top album generator that does appear in the album cloud image. :(

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.