last.fm does not work on Android 3.x (Honeycomb) tablets

• Locoyokopoco you are AWESOME :D I've been trying to figure out a workaround to this problem, and for some reason it didn't occur to me that there could be other scrobbling apps, haha.

• pyst0e escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Sep 2011, 6:17

Editado por pyst0e el 25 Dic 2011, 18:46
    • gcorvin escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Oct 2011, 16:20

Hope this gets fixed soon!

Same skipping problem on xoom wifi. Funny that of my xoom music apps it's my paid service lastfm that I cant use. Really love lastfm but dont think will be paying much longer if cant make it work on android tablets!

• debbinkm escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Oct 2011, 19:11
    Want this fixed too. Really annoying. What's the status on it?

• yyiinn escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Oct 2011, 19:24
    Over three months and all we have been told is you are investigating.. sorry guys but come on at least keep us up to date.. as far as we can see you have made zero progress with the issue let alone even began to resolve it.. is this even classed as a priority issue? It should be as it can really only effect subscribers to last.fm

• october and still waiting?

Sad to see this still not fixed. with no further communication on the issue either. I've also paid but not so sure if I will keep my sub now. I know it still works on my phone and desktop and kills the ads and that is important to me, but it's also important I have access on all my devices and as it stands, no last.FM streaming on my xoom. What is going to happen on Android 4.0? Is it going to break again, assuming this issue is even fixed by then? Very disappointed.

• to add

I hope this is being given the same priority as would be extended if this were an issue on IOS. Judging by how long it has taken to address it, my guess is that it hasn't been...

Just sayin'.

• nucce escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Oct 2011, 23:00
    Is there anybody out there????... c'mon "last.fm staff"...

Sell your soul at Blues!!!
    Guitar Pub, il sito dedicato al mondo della chitarra e dei chitarristi.
    • Fettlaus escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Oct 2011, 16:05
    Just got myself a subscription only to get frustrated by trying to stream music to my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Come on, last.fm!

• dheumann escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Oct 2011, 0:27
    I know...ridiculous they haven't fixed this yet. What's worked for me is setting my asus transformer's user agent to desktop and then accessing lastfm through the browser. Works just fine this way- no app needed!

• Jseglem escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Oct 2011, 19:33

support for honeycomb

At the rate this issue is being addressed we'll all be on ice cream sandwich. Hope it works there or I'll have to stop subscribing.

• c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 24 Oct 2011, 20:59
    Our app is not currently compatible with Honeycomb devices, this issue should be resolved by the Ice Cream Sandwich update that will be available in the near future.

You can request a refund by contacting our support team: http://www.last.fm/help/support

• agonistix escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Nov 2011, 23:17
    Incredible. What a shame for last.fm.

• aspiteri escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Nov 2011, 22:37
    Another disappointed SUBSCRIBER what if my tablet manufacturer decides to not support ice cream sandwich..

• Pagan4 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Nov 2011, 4:08

too bad

come on guys, i have just bought subsribtion to find out that it won't work on my device? it's disappointing, you must have said us about the veeery general pfoblem that you have already for at least half year.

don't trust opinions
    • c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 15 Nov 2011, 19:51
    We've come up with a fix that should work until Ice Cream Sandwich is available for your devices. An update will be available in the Market soon!

• oeh escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Nov 2011, 19:49
    It's actually working now! Oh god I'm so thrilled it finally works to stream in Android without troubles :-)

• StefanAO escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Nov 2011, 20:49

...not for me

Process still ends unexpectedly every two to three songs. I am on a galaxy tab 10.1 7510 with Android 3.2 and last.am app version 1.9.2.

P.s.: what's up with the excessive rights needed by the app. You are scaring people off if you do not provide a reasonable explanation for this.

• evolarts escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Nov 2011, 23:56
    I'm having this same exact issue but on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch). I have not been able to get my Last.FM to work for weeks while on cell signal...when I'm on WiFi it works fine. While on regular cell signal 99% of the time it loads the track and then skips to the next track, over and over and over again.

I have cleared the application cache, uninstalled, reinstalled and nothing is working. Has nothing to do with cell signal and worked perfectly weeks ago. Pandora does however work on my phone.

• Honecyomb: working but force closes a lot

I don't mean to sound ungrateful that this is finally fixed in Honeycomb, because I am happy that it works...after all these months...but well, it kinda sorta, still...doesn't work.

I have the same problem on my Motorola Xoom. It plays through a few songs and then it either stops unexpectedly and the error box on the screen says it force closed unexpectedly or it actually just stops after a song with no indication of error. Come to think of it, that stopping with no indication has happened on my phones too (both original Moto Droid and now HTC Rezound).

It's incredibly frustrating because I pay for this app every month just so I can listen on my mobile devices. The answer is NOT to offer me a refund. The answer is to fix it.

Why is this so hard to have an app work for streaming? There are plenty of other services that offer streaming and they work fine. You guys are gonna have to come better than this.

• evolarts escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Nov 2011, 19:19
    Support has responded to me about every track skipping on my Epic 4G Touch phone but they do not seem to know what the issue is. They believe it may be associated to the issues with Honeycomb but my phone is running Gingerbread. Hopefully they can find a resolution.

• c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 23 Nov 2011, 20:56

Re: ...not for me

Most of the force close issues should be fixed in today's update.

StefanAO said:
    P.s.: what's up with the excessive rights needed by the app. You are scaring people off if you do not provide a reasonable explanation for this.
    Our Android Market description lists what every extra permission is for. If you have a question about a specific permission, let me know.

• agonistix escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Nov 2011, 21:38

Re: Re: ...not for me

c99koder said:

Our Android Market description lists what every extra permission is for. If you have a question about a specific permission, let me know.

The app requires access to all of my my accounts in the Android account manager, even access to the passwords of my accounts. I have read your Android Market description, but is this really necessary to this extent?

act as an account authenticator:
    Allows an application to use the account authenticator capabilities of the AccountManager, including creating accounts and getting and setting their passwords.

read sensitive log data:
    Allows an application to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the device, potentially including personal or private information.

• c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 23 Nov 2011, 22:34
    Our app cannot sync contacts or calendars without the account authenticator permission, as Android associates the contacts and calendars with an account (which you can view in "Accounts & Sync" in the system settings). Account authenticators can only access their own accounts, we cannot view or modify the passwords for accounts that weren't created by the Last.fm app.

The log data is attached to an email when you submit a bug report from our app's settings screen in order to troubleshoot issues. This is the same thing "Log Collector" does, it just saves users an extra step of having to install Log Collector and then manually email us the log. We may remove this bug reporter in the future, since Android Market now provides us with crash reports.

• agonistix escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 23 Nov 2011, 23:39
    c99koder said:
    Account authenticators can only access their own accounts, we cannot view or modify the passwords for accounts that weren't created by the Last.fm app.

Thanks for the info. This sounds less dramatic. ;)

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.