Music starts playing "from nothing"

• partenon escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 31 Ene 2012, 14:28

Music starts playing "from nothing"

This problem may not be in last.fm itself, as I've seen a similar problem happening with the stock Music app as well, on a different phone. But in case it is a problem in last.fm, here's what's going on :-)

At this morning, I was listening to a radio and removed the earphones. Usually, that's enough for the music to stop playing. But not this morning: the music kept playing. Not concerned, I just hit the pause button.

Now, fast forward some 6 hours: I'm leaving my desk to smoke a cigarette, which means: leaving the wi-fi area and entering the mobile data connection area. And, all of a sudden, without touching the phone (it was on my pocket), the radio I was playing in the morning resumes playing.

I would attach the logs here, if it was possible :-) So, please see the logs on the following link: http://pastebin.com/h9Jk77ei

Thanks,
    - Juca.

PS: Who is Laurie (line 28 and 68 in the logs)?
    PS2: Is there a better way to report these problems?

• c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 31 Ene 2012, 19:50
    Laurie is lozzd, that line in the log is a bit of an inside joke :) In the future, you can submit bug reports from inside the app by tapping "Report a Bug" in the app's settings screen, which will automatically attach the logcat output to an email addressed to me.

I'll take a look at this issue, also please make sure you're using the latest version of the app (v1.9.6) as we've fixed a few other bugs related to music resuming unexpectedly recently.

• partenon escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Feb 2012, 10:20
    Ok, so, say Hi to lozzd on my behalf :-)

Just to confirm: I'm indeed running the latest version (1.9.6), and the bug is not 100% reproducible. And it's kinda funny, actually (except when it happens during meetings).

By the way, it would be nice to have the forum to send me a notification on new messages to threads I'm active, but I can't find a way to do that.

• drmay69 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 30 Ene 2013, 12:24
    Hi,
    I'm having an issue that sounds very similar to the OPs problem.

For the past few days the app has started playing by itself, phone on a table untouched. It's happened around the same time of the day so initially i thought i'd found some sort of alarm feature without realising.

So far it's only happened when I'm at home and generally on wifi but it could be a major drama if it happened when i was on mobile data and didn't spot it for a while.

I'm running v1.9.9.1 on andriod 4.2

thanks

Del

• [spam removed]

Editado por Bloopy el 2 Feb 2013, 23:33
    • drmay69 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 28 Feb 2013, 12:37
    Hi,

just wondering if there are any updates on this issue.

• same issue

It seems to be with Android 4.2.2

The app randomly starts playing.

Even when it's not playing, the notification bar icon will tend to stay on. When that happens, the interface looks like it's playing, but hitting the pause button does nothing. It's basically frozen at that point and has to be forced closed.

• drmay69 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Abr 2013, 16:27
    I've also experienced the app freezing on quite a few occasions.

So far no feedback from lastfm on the random playing issue in the 2 months or so since I posted. Is there any support for Andriod?

• Mr_Andy_A escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 30 Oct 2013, 15:09

Me too

Hi there,

Glad to find this thread - but less so to see how little support / feedback you've had on it!

I'm having exactly the same issue. Totally agree with what partenon said... it's mostly kinda funny - but happened to me in a client meeting the other day and that's gotta be where I draw the line!

Please help Last.fm?

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Nov 2013, 2:14
    Yeah mine randomly starts playing at 4am sometimes, not fun I can assure you.

• royporter escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Nov 2013, 11:09

Same here

About to ditch this app because it starts playing by itself. Not good in meetings!

• I find if you kill the app in an app manager it doesn't happen again

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.