Songs with multiple artists in tag not scrobbling properly

• mabutt88 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Ene 2012, 8:02

Songs with multiple artists in tag not scrobbling properly

When scrobbled from my Android phone, a track with multiple artists in its tag gets scrobbled as: Rihanna / Calvin Harris – We Found Love. This creates an incorrect link for the song since 'Rihanna / Calvin Harris' is treated as a single artist name.

Whereas, from the desktop (Windows 7, foobar2000) scrobbler the same song gets scrobbled as: Rihanna – We Found Love. This links the song correctly with its last.fm page.

The raw value in the artist tag is: Rihanna;Calvin Harris, which is a widely recognized standard format for multiple values in tags.

My scrobbles have started to look ugly because of this. Please fix this and add support for correct parsing of tags with multiple artists in the Android app! Thanks!

Moeed
    • mabutt88 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Ene 2012, 8:45
    Anyone?

Moeed
  • I guess your music player doesn't count the / as a separator but as a symbol in the tag.

A broken mirror never reflects again;
    fallen flowers never go back to the old branches.
    • mabutt88 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Ene 2012, 7:05
    In my tag it's Artist1;Artist2.

The Android music player/Last.fm app makes it into a singular "Artist1 / Artist2" string. So annoying.

Moeed
  • i have the same problem. searching for the solution. Its better to use some other application on Android which can read the tags properly.

RJ
  • It's probably your semicolon. For featured performers, Last.fm accepts Musicbrainz formatting for ID3 tags. I'd recommend changing your ID3 tag to Rihanna as the artist and We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) as the track name, which is how Rihanna's record label has officially uploaded the track to last.fm.

• c99koder escribió...
    • Alumni
    • 26 Mar 2012, 17:31
    Our app currently scrobbles the artist as it is reported to us by the media player, so if the media player doesn't support multiple artists then neither will our app. We'll look into performing some additional parsing in the Last.fm app to work-around this issue in a future update.

• mabutt88 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Abr 2012, 11:55
    Well the media player does support multiple artists and it displays them with a / in between their names. Looking forward for a fix in your future updates.

Moeed
    • jato1569 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 May 2013, 18:58
    Hello I use Jriver Media Center 18. The player supports multiple artists and each artist's name is semicolon delimited.
    LastFm does not seem to recognize the tracks and hence is unable to assign the correct song.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.