One thousand Peels!

• One thousand Peels!

With a nod to Csssmooth's discussion I think a better way to discover new music that is closer to the spirit of Peel and a lot less work for Users is for explorers to set up what I have christened Rolling Global Tags.

My tag Testing 1-2-3 is the tag which I apply to stuff I have heard on other user's libraries, similar artists stations etc. and that I think warrants another airing ... after three or four listens I take that tag off and either forget the track or put it another of my global tags. (Italicised because you can't use personal tags any more). I even give interesting bands a "session" by visiting the groups page and tagging other tracks they've done...

I used to Love and Unlove tracks before but, of course, you can't listen to loved tracks anymore...

There's a couple of ways of setting up a Global Tag.
    a) check out the Tag Rescue Project
    b) The anti-social or the Tag-Vampire method (my preferred method of course) ..
    use the search engine to find a tag with 1 or 2 uses and no recent activity (ideally no one else should want to use the tag) and just, like, take it over!

All the tag stations that I've put on the right of my Profile are full of tracks that I have listened to this way - no 'mood lists' or genre specific nonsense for me, no sir! I commend them to the adventurous reader...

I should warn you, both these methods take some time to get going (weeks) but, if you do a lot of tasting I think it's the way forward...

I f you do set up an RGT then post a shout here and I might just check it out..

PS. a virulent curse has been applied to my tag stations and any user foolish enough to pollute them will suffer embarrassing consequences....

Dissonance is the truth about harmony - Adorno
    THE LEAGUE OF EVIL TWINS
Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.