How do you listen to your cd's?

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 8:37

How do you listen to your cd's?

Do you rip your cd's? if so what codec do you use?

Or do you use a stereo?

• smooker escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 11:39
    Using stereo through my computer. Though I rip to 224kbps as well. Only in mp3 cuz then I can copy files onto my creative jukebox.

• I've got a nice stereo set and CD player, so I mostly listen to my CDs that way.
    I rip everything I've got though (using WMP). Sometimes I prefer to listen to music with headphones on, especially in the evening/night. And it won't piss of my flatmates when I play heavy stuff at inappropriate times :P Since I haven't gotten the right sort of cable for my stereo yet, I use my PC for this.

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 13:19
    Have Panasonic CD player in complect with large AKG head-phones...
    quite satisfied with the sound...

sometimes (while being alone at home) I switch on my Stereo Sound Processor + 2 large dome-shaped tweeters & and 3 small speakers

while being outdoors I listen to I-pod nano
    so in that case I do prefer mp3, grabbed in 320kb/s, stereo, by LAME 3.93.1 codec (the best one I do believe) with the best grabber - Exact Audio Copy =))

• [spam]

[spam]

Editado por hjbardenhagen el 6 Feb 2011, 17:14
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 15:32
    Meldoicstorm said:
    I don't know what any of those "Technical" words mean. But errr, I buy the cd, put it in a stereo and listen...then recite the lyrics writing down the pro-motions etc...uses of language and history.

that's quite enough =))
    furthermore it's meritoriously!
    not many today pay attention to texts (even speaking about favourite albums)...though the vast majority of lyrics writers should be condemned =))))

and cause this group is didicated to licensed CD-s...
    and not to niceties of ripping CD-s...

it's perversion to listen to mp3 at home if one has CD )

for me it's exusable(listeneing mp3 on my PC),cause I have notebook and there is not enough free space for lossless formats...and there will be no difference at all for my ears (cause it's just notebook...expensive one,but still notebook=)

• Trash73 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 15:50
    I sometimes listen to it on my cd player. Usually i rip them at 320kbps. I like to stare at the artwork and flick through the booklet, especially if the lyrics are printed clearly.

• Biggim escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 15:59
    Mostly i listen to music on my iPod (with 128 kb/s cause of space reasons) , when i'm cycling (i'm a moutainbiker). And at home i mostly have music running during playing computer games - with Headphones.
    but when i'm drawin' i put my CDs into my stereo and push the volume to maximum =)

Editado por Biggim el 24 Oct 2007, 17:02
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 16:16
    Biggim said:
    but when i'm drawin' i put my CDs into my stereo und push the volume to maximum =)

pitiable relatives..........hehe

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 18:18
    Rip them on my computer, usually on 192 k/bit, that's enough.

• Nazamout escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 19:02
    Abroxas said:
    Rip them on my computer, usually on 192 k/bit, that's enough.

Same here.
    I usually listen to music through my computer or on my mp3 player while I'm not at home. I must say I'm not using my stereo as much as I used to. Now my stereo is almost exclusively used for bedtime music... usually Burzum - Filosofem. ;o)

I rip the cd's I buy simply because the collector in me doesn't want to see them getting all scratched.

... what else? Well I always listen to a cd 3 times at least. Below that, I think I can't really judge the music.

• Biggim escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 19:18

... what else? Well I always listen to a cd 3 times at least. Below that, I think I can't really judge the music.

three times is the absolute minimum =]

• Scier escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 19:25
    I listen to mine on my compy most of the time, I rip them in mp3 at 320kbps. I listen to it once through the minute I get it, then at least once more during the same week.

I also listen in my car, and on my home stereo when I want to scream or drum along. Max volume in my house, no doubt.

Coming...someday?
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 19:54
    I also listen to them on my pc.

Since a few days I'm reripping them as FLAC.

• Miaaaw escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 20:24
    Most of the time, I listen to music on my PC.
    I rip the songs with iTunes [mp3, 160kbps] but I often use my CDs because I like to see the covers, the "packaging" [I don't know if this word has the same use in English and in French T_T]... otherwise I would buy the songs online! ^_^

I would like to use a stereo but I don't have any space in my room for this :/

At night, I usually fall asleep with my iPod.

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 20:34
    I buy a cd, put it in my computer to listen to it and after I'm finish listning to it I rip it to Windows Media Player :)
    I don't have a stereo (don't need to when you have a computer >_<)

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 20:47
    Miaaaw said:
    I rip the songs with iTunes [mp3, 160kbps]

that's blasphemy! =))
    for the sake of what u buy CD-s if u rip in such shitty quality?!

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 20:49
    tomorrow i'll explain how to rip CD-s correctly...

it's not as easy as one might think...

• goth_girl666 said:
    I don't have a stereo (don't need to when you have a computer >_<)

You can connect your PC (or laptop/whatever) to a stereo set.
    As I have crappy speakers for my PC and pretty good speakers for my stereo set, it's a no-brainer for me. Only disadvantage is that it's a bit of mess with wires.

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 21:41
    I rip all my CDs into my PC for easy access.

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 22:13
    I rip all my albums on the my computer on mp3. I then put the album on to my external hard drive and listen off my stereo system which is connected to my computer :)

• ivan4ik escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 22:16
    Most of time I listen music next to my PC, buying only tested on pure awesomnes stuff =) while none disturbs me I listen that stuff through father's stereo system "Techincs" though it's making too noise(fucking neighbours) so I use it very rarely. I also I got Ipod (30GB), I quite pleased about quality and space, I usually use it while being outdoors and in special cases I connect Technics headphones to Ipod and enjoying while reading book.

• Biggim escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2007, 22:47
    DrakarD sagte:
    Miaaaw said:
    I rip the songs with iTunes [mp3, 160kbps]

that's blasphemy! =))
    for the sake of what u buy CD-s if u rip in such shitty quality?!

oh ripping music with not too high rates (like 160 oder 128) has often reasons of space on your hard drive - i for example rip with 128 kb for two reasons:
    i want to have at least 500 tracks on my 4GB iPod - which is impossible when you rip with higher rates (i tested it ...)
    and for second i don't have enough spac on my music drive anymore - two friends of mine who also have iPods are storing their music on my drive (we bought it together several years ago - might have been 1 year ago ^^) this drive has about 56 GB capacity - there are 45 GB of my on music (in 128 kb/s) and 10 GB which belong to my friends.
    if i would rip with 320kb/s i would need 2.5 times more capacity - and i don't have this much - i HAVE about 1.3TB capacity, but this is needed for fotos and espacially for my games collection)

greetings

• Nazamout escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Oct 2007, 0:59
    Biggim said:
    oh ripping music with not too high rates (like 160 oder 128) has often reasons of space on your hard drive

I second that.
    While I got a 120GB hard drive (which is not *that* small IMO), I prefer to rip cd's at a low bitrate, usually 128 to 192kbs because I want to store as much music as I can.

Not only do I rip my cd's but I also make a copy. (probably most of you do the same)

And I usually listen to the copy, not the original. Please tell me I'm not the only one to do so? ;o)

• Usuario
    • 25 Oct 2007, 6:08
    I rip my CDS to my computer at 128kbps, and throw them on an iPod.

Then i'll either listen to CDs in my Stereo setup (with casette deck and record player) or in the car, as i don't have a casette deck (for car connector setups) or an FM transmitter.

Sometimes i shove them through my skull as well. (best quality sound by the way)

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.