Which Zimmer scores need an extended release?

• Which Zimmer scores need an extended release?

Let's talk about something new. By now there's tens of official soundtrack releases to films featuring Zimmer's score, yet there are some albums I'm very dissatisfied with. Re-releases of Zimmer scores are very rare (I myself can think only of Backdraft right now), so we have to go with bootlegs to get what we want. But if there was a chance for new extended or complete edition albums, which Zimmer scores would you choose?

My choices would be:

1) The Lion King
    I still can't believe Zimmer's only Oscar win hasn't received a worthy score album even after more than 10 years since the movie's release.
    2) Rain Man
    Two score tracks on the Original Soundtrack. Booo...

Let's hear your opinions on official releases or even on bootlegs, promos and any related stuff.

“When I don't like a piece of music, I make a point of listening to it more closely.”
    — Florent Schmitt
    • noob_foo escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 7 Abr 2007, 23:05
    A pretty good question.

I'd probably choose The Thin Red Line, but I think Zimmer himself stated in an interview that 'it's not worth it'.

I'll try to find it

• I think I've read something like that too, Zimmer seems to be very critical of his own work. He once commented on his Days of Thunder score and why it never got a score release.. it almost sounded like he hated that score and thought of it as garbage :)

Anyway, The Thin Red Line.. definately a masterpiece, good choice.

“When I don't like a piece of music, I make a point of listening to it more closely.”
    — Florent Schmitt
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 May 2007, 22:34
    I agree with The Thin Red Line but would like to add Hannibal and The Last Samurai or maybe even The Da Vinci Code to that.

• noob_foo escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 May 2007, 22:51
    Wouldn't mind if Pearl Harbor also got a re-release. I mean this is missing all the good tracks.

• noob_foo said:
    Wouldn't mind if Pearl Harbor also got a re-release. I mean this is missing all the good tracks.

True, the Pearl Harbor soundtrack is missing a huge amount of music, mainly the action parts, which were great. But there's a pretty decent 2 CD bootleg with about 90 minutes of music from the recording sessions floating around, so it's possible to enjoy most of the music at least in some way.

I'd also like to see complete scores to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies someday. Given the huge commercial success of the soundtrack albums, I'd say it would be a great idea to release the scores in their entirety. They're just so much fun :)

— Florent Schmitt
    • iTemplar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 7 Ago 2010, 0:17
    I hope that Inception will be released in extended version some day, it's awesome, but 12 tracks is not enough for me ;)

• Wow, it's been 3 years since I posted this and it seems like we're finally getting an extended version of Rain Man. Perseverance Records seems to be working on it. T'was about time!

— Florent Schmitt
  • I wouldn't mind if King Arthur also got re-released. (:

• Inception.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.