Favorite song off of Veckatimest?

• Favorite song off of Veckatimest?

While their are several contenders for the coveted number one spot, I think my personal favorite as of right now is All We Ask. It's such a brilliant song that I have a hard time listening to the rest of the album, because I keep repeating All We Ask, but enough about me. I'm anxious to know what songs you guys dig the most off of Veckatimest?

• tiluis escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Ago 2009, 15:40

Veckatimest

Mine is I live with you. My god, the way they unleash all that electricity, seems like their bleeding, they're playing to save their lives, it's the last song before the world ends. And the best part is that they keep denying the song's climax until almost the end, then you just let yourself go, . bet it works really good live as well. Love the introduction of all we ask

• Gonna have to agree with you tiluis. I live With You is so out there and fun to listen to. Something about hearing the choir giggle and laugh is so sullen and dark. It just fits in the song perfectly. Don't get me started about the end.....lol Yep it's Grizz's most electric song for sure.

Peace.
    • Tanner0 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Sep 2009, 2:25

Veckamist

My favorite has been changing frequently, but my number one is prolly gonna have to be While You Wait for the Others. I'm actually surprised no one else has picked it. Definitive Grizzly Bear.

• aaktt escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Sep 2009, 0:55
    "While You Wait for the Others" is my favourite from the very first listen of the album, but I'd also like to emphasize the two closing tracks: "I Live With You" and "Foreground" both incredibly satisfying musically for me because of their orchestral feeling and an another step forward into the psychedelic sound that's surely made here. But the whole album's great.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Nov 2009, 14:11

[spam]

[spam]

Editado por hjbardenhagen el 13 May 2010, 7:48
  • At the moment it's definitely Southern Point. Not the most delicate of the songs but I always go back to play it after I've listened through the album.

• Usuario
    • 22 Nov 2009, 20:55
    my fav veck song is mehhhhhh. yellow house 4eva!

• Two Weeks and While You Wait
    But I also love Fine for Now and About Face

• Cheerleader and Ready, Able....

Cheerleader is like being in a dream. i get lost in the music. almost trance like

Ready, Able is also amazing. Grizzly Bear fuses the two parts off the song perfectly together. the second half is so powerful and emotional.

The entire able is great. i could write about how superb every track is but those two are the ones i catch my self repeating most often.

Keep Good Music Alive...Don't Watch MTV

=]

• shellbird escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Ene 2010, 22:26
    Oh man. Ready, Able and Foreground at the moment.
    But how the hell can I choose after last night. Every track is my favourite.
    What an amazing live band!

• ginny55 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Ene 2010, 3:21
    Ready, Able def

• Zgrywy escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 27 Ene 2010, 21:08
    Just as shellbird: ready, able and foreground,.

• ForWarD25 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 16 Feb 2010, 3:54
    Foreground obviously :P

• iviichal escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Feb 2010, 10:19
    For me it's "About Face".

• While You Wait for the Others and Ready, Able

• Yep same as above for me, While We Wait for the Others is my absolute favourite.

• "Ready, Able" is a beautiful track, its's certainly my favorite from the album. I could listen to it over and over

• Usuario
    • 13 Mar 2010, 20:34
    I know it's the opener and all, but Southern Point just DOES something to me I can't describe it.

Oh, and Ready, Able is just lovely.

• CillaFAB escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Jun 2010, 16:23
    It's a tie for me
    Cheerleader and Ready Able

• saythesky escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Oct 2010, 13:00
    Two Weeks is my favorite.

• mshaps123 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 28 Oct 2010, 4:18
    Fine For Now and Ready, Able

• this is a hard question. ill get back to you.

• Watts13 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Ene 2011, 15:22
    Dory is an absolutely genius piece of work that is WAY underrated.
    I also love Ready, Able and While You Wait For The Others quite a lot though.
    Those 3 are all tied at 50 plays on my itunes, and that's not counting the various cd and youtube listens.
    Overall, Veckatimest is one of the most brilliant albums I've ever heard.

• enrilied escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 6 Abr 2011, 2:04
    It's such a great album, I'm between Ready, Able and Foreground as my favorites.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.