Greasemonkey Group Updates to Homepage

• Greasemonkey Group Updates to Homepage

Last version: 0.2 (20. Jul 2008)
    (See changelog in the script source)

Gets the date of the last post to the Greasemonkeys News and Script Updates forum thread and displays it on your Last.fm homepage.
    Based on 'Get Reply Date' by snyde1.

The notice won't be displayed once you visit the post, until there is new update. You can disable this behavior by changing hideOnVisited variable to false (inside script source).

Install
    Script page at Userscripts.org

Known Issues
    • There is delay before the notice is displayed - this is due xmlHttpRequest (the group's page has always to be downloaded). Some sort of caching can fix it (TODO).
    • Middle click on the post link won't hide the notice

Editado por syntax_error el 22 Jul 2008, 20:35
  • It's from 90% based on snyde1's script. It was just annoying for me to always visit my profile page, since the first thing I visit on Last.fm is homepage. That's all... I hope you will like it.

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Jul 2008, 5:45
    Groovy! Choices are always good. Thanks! :)

• Alan71 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Jul 2008, 13:47
    it might be interesting to merge the two script in one, and let the user choose where he wants to be informed on replies.

I wrote this script if you're interested : http://www.last.fm/group/Greasemonkeys/forum/35794/_/435575

• Alan71 said:
    it might be interesting to merge the two script in one, and let the user choose where he wants to be informed on replies.

It may be good idea, since there would be only one code for fetching and parsing forum page (and less work with maintenance). On the other hand, I don't think that many users need to switch this function too often. I (and I believe that many other users) personally prefer to have more little scripts - each for one function, than one big all-in-one script.
    But, of course, if anyone is interested in merging those scripts - or to make different notification system - my codebase is fully available.

• Alan71 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Jul 2008, 17:04
    Done here

• Alright, fixed the middle click (version 0.2), thanks to Alan71. (Although it works quite... Different.)

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.