Last.fm Favicon Changer (for black theme)

• Last.fm Favicon Changer (for black theme)

I've created a Greasemonkey script (available here) which swaps the red icon with a black one if you are using the "Paint It Black" theme. It will initially set the icon to black if you load a page with the black theme selected, and then clicking the link to change the theme dynamically toggles the icon.

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Jul 2007, 12:49
    Haha! I hadn't thought of that. Classic. :)

Thanks, gadgetchannel. I'll get it added to the list in the next day or so!

• I was missing transparency for the black icon - so I made this one:
    (base64 source)

Anyway, thanks for the great script!

• _Tarkus_ escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Sep 2007, 2:27
    Good idea. Thanks!

• Hey, neat! How can I use the new icon with this script?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm quicker when I don't have a cold. ;)

On a related note though, is there any way to change the icon in my bookmarks toolbar? The old one is still red and dragging a new, black one there doesn't apply an icon at all.

• spacefish said:
    On a related note though, is there any way to change the icon in my bookmarks toolbar? The old one is still red and dragging a new, black one there doesn't apply an icon at all.

It can be done by editing bookmarks.html file.
    Edit it and find there desired Last.fm bookmark; it will look like this:

<DT><A HREF="http://www.last.fm/dashboard/" ADD_DATE="..." LAST_VISIT="..." LAST_MODIFIED="..." ICON="..." LAST_CHARSET="UTF-8" ID="...">Last.fm</A>

(Of course, there is some long stuff instead of those ellipsis.)
    Notice that ICON attribute - it contains base64 encoded icon of bookmark. So simply replace that value e.g. by this.

It can be also done by some extension.

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Sep 2007, 12:32
    Thank you, it worked! :)

• good, thanks

• _Tarkus_ escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Jul 2008, 18:16
    Time to revisit this script, huh?

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Jul 2008, 18:58
    Agreed!

• I've just updated the script to work with the new layout.
    And thanks to syntax_error, I've also changed it to use a transparent icon.

• _Tarkus_ escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Jul 2008, 22:04
    Sweet, thanks for the quick update - it looks great!

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Jul 2008, 22:28
    Thanks!

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Jul 2008, 4:36
    Updated!

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Ago 2008, 12:46
    Earlier today when I opened Firefox (last.fm is tabbed), the site was red even though I'd chosen black as soon as they first added it. Now after setting it back my favicon doesn't work. Reinstalling doesn't help. Perhaps they made a change the script doesn't check? Anyone else notice this?

• I've just fixed this. The tag in the page for the favicon has been changed from
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="icon link" /> to <link rel="icon" href="icon link" />
    I've also made it toggle better - sometimes clicking on the colour change link didn't cause the favicon to change colour until the page was reloaded.

• spacefish escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Ago 2008, 15:17
    Thank you! Working now. :)

• doesn't seem to work anymore?

• _Tarkus_ escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 7 Sep 2008, 20:56
    Still working for me, though for some reason, my FF3 bookmarks revert to red occasionally.

Make sure you don't have two versions installed (right-click on the monkey), as that happened to me on both my computers. Apparently one of the updates didn't overwrite the previous version.

• Ah, figured it out. Looks like when they applied that lame new red favicon, my account got set back to simply red and I didn't notice because I use a custom theme.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.