Yay for FIF!!

• Wise_Fool escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 17 Abr 2005, 22:05

Yay for FIF!!

I'm a five iron frenzy freak...but nevertheless, If you're not listening to them, go listen now! Trust me, you'll be better off for it. I'd go with...hmm...Cannonball, Pre-Ex-Girlfriend, Every New Day, Eulogy, Most Likely to Succeed for starters.

-dan

• jpers36 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 Abr 2005, 4:30
    I'd add Dandelions and On Distant Shores . . .

• also add kingdom of the dinosaours

• You may add Kingdom, but not if it's done by this band:

I am also a Five Iron freak, not to mention Roper and Brave Saint Saturn.

• On distant shores!

Silly me, I forgot On Distant Shores. One of my favorites. I can't imagine how forgetful I'll be when I get old...heh.

• Killerah escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Oct 2005, 18:17
    Lets not forget World Without End, Giants, The Phantom Mullet, All That is Good, Far Far Away, Plan B, A New Hope, You Can't Handle This, Blue Comb '78, Everywhere I Go, Beautiful America... I could go on forever, probably about until I run out of FIF songs I've heard.

• Killerah escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Oct 2005, 18:18
    double post...

Editado por Killerah el 22 Oct 2005, 18:22
  • I don't listen to Five Iron Frenzy so I wouldn't know.

• lvirden escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 1 Nov 2005, 18:07

Old timer who listens to fif

My kids got me into FIF - they are fanatical (and present on various boards, etc.) about the group.
    I love many of the ones above. I'm more about lyrics than novelty, so some of the songs like the pants song, etc. are not in my fav. list. But a lot of the songs you list above are definitely on my list.

The saddest thing about being a fan of FIF is that we became fans AFTER the group broke up. And they played several times in our town - we just didn't know them at the time.

I've gone with the kids to several Roper concerts since they began touring - definitely different than Five Iron Frenzy but Reese Roper is leading the group, so there are some things the same.

• almahtar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 1 Ene 2006, 21:26

That's the thing about FIF

Either you are a fanatic or they're "ok." There's really no middle ground. I've been nuts over them since 97. Favorite album to date is "Our Newest Album Ever!", and it entertains me to no end that it's their 2nd oldest album (not counting EP's).

Jesus is awesome.
  • same thing as lvirden for me

i got into them the year they broke up and they played really close to me, but it was school night

i later learned how bad it was that i missed them (when i really got into them)

• I've always liked Dandelions, but I never really cared for any of their other songs.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Abr 2008, 2:06
    Never heard of them but i might listen.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.