Report Bugs & Errors

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 8 Ene 2009, 13:50

Report Bugs & Errors

Please report any bugs or errors here!

• track counting

Dear Wilmer,

thank you a lot for your great stats site!! It's fascinating to browse within all the different type of stats.

I have recognized one little thing i want to ask you about. My track counter on last.fm and on your page isn't equal (25560 vs. 24791) I also noticed that my milesstones that i wrote down once they have occured are not the same listed in your stats.

Regarding the first issue i believe that newer tracks are not implemented yet. But what about the different milestones. Do you have any ideas? i don't want to change my milesstones posting in my profile, cos i prepared for this special listenings :)
    Regards,

Tobias

Meine Seele jedoch ist ein Feuer, das leidet, wenn es nicht lodert
    • m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Ene 2009, 21:39

Re: track counting

tacrolimus said:
    Dear Wilmer,

thank you a lot for your great stats site!! It's fascinating to browse within all the different type of stats.

I have recognized one little thing i want to ask you about. My track counter on last.fm and on your page isn't equal (25560 vs. 24791) I also noticed that my milesstones that i wrote down once they have occured are not the same listed in your stats.

Regarding the first issue i believe that newer tracks are not implemented yet. But what about the different milestones. Do you have any ideas? i don't want to change my milesstones posting in my profile, cos i prepared for this special listenings :)
    Regards,

Tobias

Glad you like it!

I know the count can differ. I've got questions about it before.
    I've asked around about it but I didn't get any good answer. If you haven't deleted tracks then either the counter is wrong or some tracks don't show in the "Recently Listened Tracks" list. But I assume all scrobbled tracks are in peoples "Recently Listened Tracks".

I've also seen that some total plays of artists and such can differ. Maybe this is caused by the same "error", I don't know.
    It would be interesting to know how the counter from last.fm counts. It should be counting "Recently Listened Tracks" right?

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Ene 2009, 14:51
    Like you can read on the Overview I've noticed a "bug" regarding the "Recently Listened Tracks"-pages. When I first started to read from it the pages contained 50 tracks. Now they only contains 49! I parse the lastfm.se site and this bug was known. On last.fm this was fixed.
    So I'm sorry to say that the milestones and such aren't correct for the newcomers. The newest milestones and such for old users aren't correct.
    But I'll switch site I parse. But this could take a while. I'll let you know when it's done.

This could be the reason for the counters diff. I hope so.

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Ene 2009, 17:14
    The counters match in most cases now :)

• Hi, I think for some reason the "Consecutive track plays" table in the "Other statistics" section does not get all my plays. I can't give you an example right now, but over the last weeks I've seen many cases of songs being played 4-5 times in a row not getting added to the list. Supidly, I did not write down when that happened so I can't provide you with actual data from my profile. I just thought you might want to check this function again -- I don't know if the "Consecutive artist plays" suffer from the same bug.

Edit: After further investigation I've found an example: http://www.last.fm/user/Capricornus/tracks?page=39 (Angra – Caça E Caçador (Hunters And Prey Portuguese Version) has been played 3 times -- in case the list changes over time, it's at 13 Jan 10:01pm). At first I thought it might be related to the "ç", but on the other hand my current "consecutive track plays" do already contain tracks with special characters such as "ä" and "ö". Furthermore, I'm absolutely sure this bug has also occurred with tracks not containing special characters.

:D
    • m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Feb 2009, 17:13
    Capricornus said:
    Hi, I think for some reason the "Consecutive track plays" table in the "Other statistics" section does not get all my plays. I can't give you an example right now, but over the last weeks I've seen many cases of songs being played 4-5 times in a row not getting added to the list. Supidly, I did not write down when that happened so I can't provide you with actual data from my profile. I just thought you might want to check this function again -- I don't know if the "Consecutive artist plays" suffer from the same bug.

Edit: After further investigation I've found an example: http://www.last.fm/user/Capricornus/tracks?page=39 (Angra – Caça E Caçador (Hunters And Prey Portuguese Version) has been played 3 times -- in case the list changes over time, it's at 13 Jan 10:01pm). At first I thought it might be related to the "ç", but on the other hand my current "consecutive track plays" do already contain tracks with special characters such as "ä" and "ö". Furthermore, I'm absolutely sure this bug has also occurred with tracks not containing special characters.

Spanks for the observation!
    I'm looking through the code right now. I found another example too so there's some flaws in the code. I'll come back to you.

Edit: I think I've solved it now. It was a miscalculation. It was almost the right amount. One play were missing from all calculations.

• Thanks so much :D It looks correct now :)

• i0ngunn3r escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Abr 2009, 11:48
    Hey, respect for the great collection of scripts :)
    on genpic page checkbox says:
    Total playtime: 24.1 days
    and picture:
    Total playtime: 21.5 days
    maybe because not all of the tracks were fetched?

screenshot

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Abr 2009, 12:18
    i0ngunn3r said:
    Hey, respect for the great collection of scripts :)
    on genpic page checkbox says:
    Total playtime: 24.1 days
    and picture:
    Total playtime: 21.5 days
    maybe because not all of the tracks were fetched?

screenshot

The thing is that I read in a users tracks in one table. Then I have a table with all uniqe tracks and theirs lengths. I have to link the tracks in the users table to the table with their lengths. That doesn't take a lot of time.
    But there's ~700 000 unique tracks at the moment. I get the lengths of the tracks from last.fm and I use cron jobs to run a script. This takes a lot of time and that's why "Total playtime" will update almost all the time.
    I have ~100 000 track with no length.

When I've added a user I create the picture and when you after a while want to generate the picture the playtime have most likely updated. That's why they differ.
    Maybe I'll fix a autoupdate on the picture some day.

• Opera Browser

I know I'm N the minority, but the Choose user drop down list on the website N Opera automatically goes 2 Lastfm. Tried site N I.E. & it works fine there. 8(

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 May 2009, 12:08

Re: Opera Browser

Milkshake8 said:
    I know I'm N the minority, but the Choose user drop down list on the website N Opera automatically goes 2 Lastfm. Tried site N I.E. & it works fine there. 8(

Try it now. I found a small bug. I'd missed to close a html-tag. It should work now. Spanks!

• Much Thx

Yep, Works gr8 once again! 8D

• Hi,
    I just found a small bug in the "Graphs" section: the "Graph over the amount of unique artists over time" and "Graph over the amount of unique tracks over time" are identical.

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Jul 2009, 14:25
    Capricornus said:
    Hi,
    I just found a small bug in the "Graphs" section: the "Graph over the amount of unique artists over time" and "Graph over the amount of unique tracks over time" are identical.

Copy paste...copy paste :)
    Spanks for the report!

• And thanks for fixing it :D

• Xemper escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Ago 2009, 16:01
    Another issue I've found with the graphs is that if for a day there is a value of 0 it is not registered and the line is drawn to the next point when the value is 1 or more.

It make it look like there have been more plays then there actually has been.

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 4 Ago 2009, 19:15
    Xemper said:
    Another issue I've found with the graphs is that if for a day there is a value of 0 it is not registered and the line is drawn to the next point when the value is 1 or more.

It make it look like there have been more plays then there actually has been.

Yeah, I'm actually aware of the problem. I've just ignored it for now :)
    But thanks for noticing.

• hey, I updated the tracks fine a couple of days ago, but then I tried to get another update earlier today, and it double counted about ten thousand tracks. Is there any way to get rid of them?

• Hello. Thank you for making such a fabulous site. =3
    I deleted some mistagged tracks the other day. They were about 2,000 scrobbles total. I've been trying to update, but it always starts from a negative page... Is there anything I can do to fix that and not lose the 2,000 scrobbles I've made since then? Thanks!

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Ago 2009, 13:28
    stalfithrildi said:
    hey, I updated the tracks fine a couple of days ago, but then I tried to get another update earlier today, and it double counted about ten thousand tracks. Is there any way to get rid of them?

I've received some messages about this affecting others too. I've changed some code and I hope it'll fix it. But I'm not sure what's causing it.
    Your stats have been fixed.

storm-and-fire said:
    Hello. Thank you for making such a fabulous site. =3
    I deleted some mistagged tracks the other day. They were about 2,000 scrobbles total. I've been trying to update, but it always starts from a negative page... Is there anything I can do to fix that and not lose the 2,000 scrobbles I've made since then? Thanks!

The misstagged tracks, you don't want to delete them from my site?
    Maybe you just want newly scrobbled tracks to be added to the site?

• I want the mistagged tracks deleted and the new ones added.
    The tracks I deleted were KOTOKO - Re-sublimity (Karaoke), KOTOKO - agony (Karaoke) and T.M.Revolution - ignited.

• cheers man

• m0nkiii escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Ago 2009, 23:24
    storm-and-fire said:
    I want the mistagged tracks deleted and the new ones added.
    The tracks I deleted were KOTOKO - Re-sublimity (Karaoke), KOTOKO - agony (Karaoke) and T.M.Revolution - ignited.

I've added a feature on the site so you can delete tracks yourself.
    It will delete ALL plays of the track.
    Try it out. I hope it works and be careful ;)

• m0nkiii said:I've added a feature on the site so you can delete tracks yourself.
    It will delete ALL plays of the track.
    Try it out. I hope it works and be careful ;)
    Thank you so much! =3

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.