"Mort":)

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Oct 2006, 5:20
    "Small Gods" and "Guards! Guards!".

• Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2006, 1:53
    anything with Rincewind is my favorite :D love the man!

• Raban escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Oct 2006, 2:00
    my Favs are Guards, Guards, Going Postal, Nightwatch and Lords and Ladys but I like all Discworlds books

• My unchallenged favourit since I read it the first time is Nightwatch

mad, na und?
    • Usuario
    • 6 Ene 2007, 2:48
    Interesting Times. Though I like them all. ^^

• My first Discworld novel was Mort and it is still my fav
    (see, I'm actually right now reading my second one, Light Fantastic, haha...)

But I guess there is nothing to top this story, so inimitable. It should be said that i read them in english even if my mother language is german. This is much more pristine and doesn't affect the jokes

• Soul music, Light fantastic, Reaper man, Mort, ....

Terry Pratchett is genius! :-)

• That's very hard to choose from the books that were translated into Russian... maybe it's Feet of Clay. Or Small Gods. Or Guards!Guards! I really can't decide. =)
    But I'm sure about books that I've read in English. It's Night Watch without any doubts. Great book...

• yay, I tried to read Light Fantastic in english but... it was quite impossible XD

• Usuario
    • 24 Feb 2007, 21:51
    Hard to tell, I love every single one of them. The colour of magic perhaps? Just cause it was the first one I read. The Reaper was fun to read too :)

• Hard to say, there are so many great books. I just read Reaper Man for the second time and, I don't know, that book touches me in a totally different way than other Discworld stories. So maybe it's my favourite, followed by Small Gods and Wyrd Sisters. Equal Rites and Hogfather are good too. I love reading about Death (Mort was a huge disappointment though).

riot, anarchy, bitches & booze
  • I think I've read about 1/3 or half of the Discworld books and the one I realy realy loved was "Thief of Time". The whole plot and interaction between the characters is very good. I loved the interaction between DEATH and his granddoughter :D. After that I read Mort and it was a pitty that I didn't read Mort before Thief of Time.

An other favorite is The Fifth Elephant. A basic whodunit in a discworld world :D.

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.
    • Tuhyk escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Jun 2007, 13:26
    As I haven't read all the Discworld books (so far it's about ten or twelve), my favourite book is probably the "Light Fantastic". It was actually the first book I read and it got me into the Discworld. The second one would be probably "Guards! Guards!"

Resistance is futile.
  • hmmm … I read all Pratchett books and can't decide … every book of the discworld combines things of the other books so I just can say that the whole DISCWORLD is my favorite … but if i had to decide than i would say "Thud!" and "Reaper Man" … and: EVERY book with the wizards or with the GUARDS of Ankh-Morpork (Kommandeur Samuel Mumm(whatever his name in english is) is the best!!!) \m/

(\ _/)
    (o_o)
    (_(")(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.

• I like Rincewind stories the most : The color of Magic , The light Fantastic , Interesting times and Sourcery.Also Jingo ...

• ZylFei escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 2 Sep 2007, 19:52
    Can't actually decide, but if i have to pick one it would be "Nightwatch"

• I've read only seven Discworld Books (The color of Magic, The Light Fantastic, Equal Rites, Guards! Guards!, Small Gods, Man at arms and Soul Music). "Small Gods" and "Soul Music" are definitely best of them [in my opinion,of course ;-) ]

"Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back."
    • Infernity escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 7 Jun 2008, 18:33
    "Soul Music" and "Hogfather"!!!!

Carpe Noctem
    • Soundhog escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 9 Jun 2008, 23:24
    Just a bit more news.

TP's next book to print is Nation but it's not a Discworld novel.
    I think the next D/World book going to be the Unseen Academicals which is still at the writing stage just now.
    Haven't heard much more about Good Omens, but I have read that Sam Raimi is allegedly interested in doing Wee Free Men and TP is getting involved in the making of Going Postal.

• I didn't read them all, so I'm not sure, and the choice is hard.

I think "Feet of Clay" is my favourite (and the first I read, before knowing about the existence of the others), but also Hogfather was beautiful :D

The truth can be out there, but lies are inside your head.
  • Reaper Man would be my favorite if not for the silly zombie story going on at the same time. I would pick Interesting Times, as it is a good Rincewind story, fun as hell, but it's not only fun, which is great, because Terry has the most amazing way of saying whatever he has to say on whatever he wants to talk about. But as much as I dig Rincewind, my favourite character would be Granny Weatherwax, I'll just mention the way she beats Death in poker to explain why.

Music is my hot hot sex.
  • Overall Favorite: Night Watch
    Favorite Rincewind book: Interesting Times
    Favorite Death book: Reaper Man
    Favorite Witch book: Lords and Ladies
    Favorite Watch book: Feet of Clay
    Favorite stand alone book: Small Gods

• Astirka escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Ago 2008, 20:43
    "Reaper Man" and "Interesting Times" ! :)

• SamNUK escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Sep 2008, 19:03
    Night Watch has to be the best. I really enjoyed going postal, the truth and feet of clay as well.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.