Worst Dire Straits song?

• usagi67 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 30 Nov 2008, 21:32

Worst Dire Straits song?

Hello,

what are the songs of Dire Straits you hear rarely?

My two are:
    Hand in Hand
    and
    My parties

Moon Prism Power Make-Up!
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 1 Dic 2008, 19:02
    I like everything lol. EVERYTHING everything :D

• Usuario
    • 16 Dic 2008, 16:59
    Angel of Mercy is the worst but still good!

• skoudman escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Dic 2008, 19:02
    call me a homo phobe if u want but Les Boys

its good man
  • i really don't like "so far away"....but i'm shure that very soon i will change my mind..

• Les Boys.

• Erenaeoth escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Feb 2009, 16:47
    Yeah I'm inclined to agree with 'so far away'. Its too repetitive. There are one or two other Dire Straits songs I think I could accuse of the same problem :/ It tends to be off the later albums though.

New Urban Frontier: Politically radical sounds for the new generation
    • Olav2500 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Mar 2009, 11:34
    Lol... Every DS song is great! They do not have bad songs. Maybe One World, but... It's "just" good :D

"Angel of Mercy, angel delight,
    Give me my reward in heaven tonight
    And if I give up my sword won't you give me the right sweet angel..."
    • Olav2500 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Mar 2009, 11:39
    *gniew_topora

Angel of Mercy jest zajebiste! :D:D:D

"Angel of Mercy, angel delight,
    Give me my reward in heaven tonight
    And if I give up my sword won't you give me the right sweet angel..."
    • Qrs89 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Mar 2009, 1:49
    Les Boys

• There are surprisingly quite a handful from such a band thats also put out such great music.
    You may called me 'hit-o-critical' but for me the worst song they ever done is 'Walk Of Life'
    Others Include: 'Heavy Fuel', 'The Bug', 'Money For Nothing & majority of Brothers In Arms apart from 'So Far Away'.
    I also dont think there debut album is up to much apart from the glorious 'Sultans Of Swing'.
    My favourite album is 'On Every Street' & then 'Love Over Gold'.
    Also to the people who cite 'My Parties' as a bad song, I think its good and I like the tongue in cheek humour in the lyrics of the song:
    'It's gettin' a trifle colder, step inside my home.
    That's a brass toilet tissue holder with its own telephone" :D
    P.S. I forgot 'Twisting By The Pool'.

• Erenaeoth escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 18 May 2009, 11:04
    I agree, with My Parties. I dont particularly like it, but the lyrics are clever and very relevant, especially the 'Lets hear it for the dolphin, Lets hear it for the trees, Aint runnin out of nothin in my deep freeze', which still typifies most peoples views on environmental problems.
    The only song I like on the Brothers in Arms album really is the title track. Money for Nothing annoys me. But I think by far and away the best album is Making Movies, followed by Love Over Gold. Twisting By the Pool is very unlike Dire Straits. Its a rocknroll number that came out of nowhere. Its fun but doesnt hold a lot of meaning really.

New Urban Frontier: Politically radical sounds for the new generation
  • Yeah, I dont mind 'My Parties'. I dont usually exclusively listen to it as such, but I dont skip it either when Im listening to the 'On Every Street' album.
    Contradictory to my previous post I have since come to appreciate the likes of 'Money For Nothing' & 'Walk Of Life' (slightly) after hearing the versions on the 'On The Night' live album. I quite like 'Money For Nothing' now which is strange. Maybe the studio version with Sting doing half an hour of 'I Want My MTVeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' at the start of the song kinda put me off.
    I still cant stand 'Twisting By The Pool' though. Fuck knows why it was on their greatest hits album, I have to keep skipping it all the time.
    Strange you say that as 'Making Movies' is now the only Dire Straits album I dont own along with the 'Alchemy Live' album, as I recentley bought 'Communique' which is a pretty good album.

• hovlev escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Jun 2009, 9:48

er

twisting by the pool.

it's absolute shite

• Kurgan7 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Sep 2009, 13:21
    truerly Les Boys from Making Movies is the worst Dire Straits song... after this next bad song is skeetaway.. When I hear that i feel horrible... it makes me sick.. but more others Dire Straits songs without those two are verry verry good ;)

• Usuario
    • 3 Nov 2009, 17:49
    Well, I always avoid 'My parties' ;D However it doesn't mean it's the worst one, it just means that I don't like it ;P

• Worst/Best

They have quite a few songs over the years. I'm sure it's easy to debate the best, etc, but not sure on the worst.

What you can do is start here http://www.song-list.net/direstraits/songs

This will give you a comprehensive list to begin with.

• Usuario
    • 10 Mar 2010, 16:53
    I don't like "Southbound Again" ;p

• Twisting By the Pool

• in my opinion - Walk of Life.

• GeertN escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Abr 2010, 22:37

Opinions can be strange...

...but that doesn't mean I don't respect them. I love their debut album, every single song. (Almost everyone song has a London story behind it and somehow a mysterious atmosphere, although in my opinion.
    Worst songs, if i have to call em as such, Planet Of New Orleans and Fade To Black.

• Plimi escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 28 Abr 2010, 11:05
    I love all Dire Straits stuff except two songs

Les boys ---> Annoying
    Ticket To Heaven ---> Too twee

You get a shiver in the dark, it's raining in the park but meantime...
    • usagi67 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 May 2010, 12:22

Let me state this

OK, the worst song must not be really bad. I just want to know, which is the song of Dire Straits you hear least times.

Moon Prism Power Make-Up!
    • Usuario
    • 18 Jun 2010, 14:20
    'Twisting By The Pool' sux.

• Dire Straits just don't have BAD Songs!!!

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.