Celtic Punk Recommendations

• Corvar escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 22 Ago 2006, 15:25

Celtic Punk Recommendations

Looking at the charts, I notice that Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys are consistently right at the top of the group charts, which makes me somewhat happy. But FM and DM are not the only Celtic Punk bands out there.

Some people may not know a lot of other bands, so lets all give some recommendations.

Roaring Jack, not super punk or super new, but a great hard hitting act from Australia.

Flatfoot 56, I saw these guys open for Flogging Molly and they tore up the stage. I can't wait for a chance to get to see them again, and until then I will just keep listening to The Ode.

So who do you think is an awesome underappreciated Celtic Punk band?

• re: Celtic Punk Recommendations

It can be debated as to whether they are punk or some sort of Jazz-Fusion ala Supertramp, but I find Black 47 a great band that is frequently underrated.
    I'm also fond of, although less punk than FM or DM, The Elders, The Indulgers, Lenahan (very Bluesy feel) and on occasion, Amadan.

Cheers,
    crazyBobcat

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Oct 2006, 19:49
    The Tossers, Finnegan's Lads

• Well there's lots of bands that I like in this genre but here's a couple that you might not have heard of... Junkman's Choir, Jugopunch, Warblefly

• muulwurf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Oct 2006, 12:08
    real mckenzies, blood or whiskey, bloody irish boys, siobhan, neck, whiskey rebels, the accidents...

• Raptor84 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 26 Nov 2006, 13:54
    Lady Godiva, the GoSet, Waxies´s

• Whatamk escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 27 Nov 2006, 21:43
    Most those others I haven't heard, but I've got Flatfoot 56's CD. They're amazing.

• I found a pretty good band

20 bulls each
    http://www.myspace.com/20bullseach
    they work out of dublin and classify themselves as hardcore/punk/metal
    unfortunately they seem to be working on their website. looked fine a few days ago
    http://www.20bullseach.com/

just droppin by over'n'out

• Flogging Molly Tour Coming Up!

I love Flogging Molly! They are one of the best groups out there! And they are going on tour once again!!!! The Green 17 Tour of 2007 is happening, with ticket pre-sales going on right now! Flogging Molly is heading over to so many different cities! (Look below) I actually have a link to buy tickets presale, so be sure to check it out! All you have to do is provide your email and you will instantly join the fan community, and will be emailed with information on how to buy tickets presale. Don't worry, though, the email part is not spam. You WILL NOT be spammed because you put your email for the fan community. You need to hurry, though, because the first deadline of some of the presale tickets is coming up on December 15th at 5. Here are the dates, places, and times of deadlines:

2/22 – Los Angeles, CA – Henry Fonda Theatre – Presale ends Thursday, February 1st at 8AM Eastern Time

2/23 – Los Angeles, CA – Henry Fonda Theatre – Presale ends Thursday, February 1st at 8AM Eastern Time

2/24 – Las Vegas, NV – House of Blues – Las Vegas - Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

2/26 – Boulder (Denver), CO – Boulder Theater – Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

2/27 – Omaha, NE – Sokol Auditorium - Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

2/28 – Sauget (St. Louis), IL – Pop’s - Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

3/2 – Detroit, MI – State Theatre - Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

3/3 – Cincinnati, OH – Bogart’s - Presale ends Thursday, December 14th at 5PM Eastern Time

3/4 – Cleveland, OH – House of Blues - Cleveland – Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

3/6 – Toronto, ON – Opera House - Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

3/8 – Montreal, PQ – Metropolis - Presale ends Monday, March 5th at 8AM Eastern Time

3/9 – Sayreville (Northern New Jersey), NJ – Starland Ballroom - Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

3/11 – Charlotte, NC – Tremont Music Hall - Presale ends Sunday, March 4th at 8AM Eastern Time

3/12 – Atlanta, GA – Roxy Theatre – Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

3/14 – Nashville, TN – City Hall - Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

3/15 – Tulsa, OK – Cain’s Ballroom - Presale ends Monday, March 12th at 8AM Eastern Time

3/17 – Mesa (Phoenix), AZ – Mesa Amphitheatre - Presale ends Friday, December 15th at 5PM Eastern Time

Be sure to get your chance to see Flogging Molly live in concert in any of those locations!!!! Just click on this link, (Or copy and paste this link if you can't click it,) http://www.musictoday.com/redirect/bounce.asp?cid=19349, in your web address and start buying discounted tickets!

• Whatamk escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Dic 2006, 5:01
    *ahem* Spam.

Look at his profile.

• Try The Blaggards and The Mahones too..

• PrisonerC escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Feb 2007, 19:59
    Oh, I love Larkin, they are great! :D

Also, The Bloody Irish Boys, Neck and The Prodigals (Prodigals are more celtic rock than celtic punk, maybe, but nevertheless. Great band.)

My town is big, and my town is bright,
    My town can work, and my town can fight!
    • muulwurf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Feb 2007, 21:44
    • PrisonerC escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Mar 2007, 9:00
    Have been listening to lot of Siobhan lately, they are quite amazing :D

• I've tagged a bunch of bands as "celtic eclectic" you can go to my profile and check them out. I started out trying to collect celtic punk but a lot of folk bands grew on me and worked their way into my tag list too! :)

• PrisonerC escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Mar 2007, 23:49
    @muulwurf - Mr. Irish Bastard are good, but Across The Border are great :D (thanks for the recs)

The other day I fell in love with Biblecode Sundays. Punk they are not, but good Celtic rock is sometimes fine with me too... Check them out, folks, if you haven't already, they're seriously catchy :))

• me own band with me dad.
    www.myspace.com/SweatHappens

• Weebo126 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Abr 2007, 20:23
    Try www.paddyrock.com some time if you haven't already. It's got all sorts of things I'd never heard of.

"Notoriety wasn't as good as fame, but was heaps better than obscurity." ~Good Omens
    • PrisonerC escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 3 Abr 2007, 23:00
    Aw, I love Paddy Rock Radio too, it's my main place for discovering new bands :D

• Kobemmo escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 5 Abr 2007, 13:53
    Weebo126 said:
    Try www.paddyrock.com some time if you haven't already. It's got all sorts of things I'd never heard of.

yeah, thats where I get the music from these days. Lots of good bands! :D

I'm walking on water while you're stepping in shit
    So put your sewer boots on before your ass gets lit
  • Maybe someone called their name before,don't want to read anything...but the bloody irish boys are very very nice.

• yonderway escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Jun 2007, 2:29
    One of the really under-represented bands out there now that is fantastic is Barleyjuice. I got to see these guys play locally from time to time when I lived in their local stomping grounds (Philadelphia area) but they travel all over the country these days (not Raleigh yet!)

They are definitely worth a listen. Their most recent album, Six Yanks, has a lot more of their own original work whereas there older albums have more time given to the traditional tunes.

• muulwurf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Jun 2007, 22:16
    @der_schueler

oh I think the bloody irish boys are pretty good, but i don't like this electronic and unreal sound. i can't hear such perfect irish music. i hope! they record someday a album with real bandmembers. he found some, right?

noch auf deutsch, offenbar sprichst du das ja auch besser, und ich kann mich so besser ausdrücken:

ich finde die bloody irish boys eigentlich auch ziemlich gut, was mich daran aber extrem stört ist dieser perfekte sound, weil die meisten instrumente ja vom pc stammen. so perfekt darf irische musik für mich einfach nicht sein. ich HOFFE, sie nehmen mal ein album auf in dem echte bandmitglieder spielen. er hat ja jetzt welche gefunden oder?

• A lot of good bands:

Pogues, Tossers, Blood or Whiskey, Whiskey Rebels, The Bloody Irish Boys, Real McKenzies...

Don't even think she'll look at you, she's with the suicide girls...

Tiocfaidh ár lá!

Please visit
    http://backin77.blogspot.com
  • muulwurf said:
    @der_schueler

oh I think the bloody irish boys are pretty good, but i don't like this electronic and unreal sound. i can't hear such perfect irish music. i hope! they record someday a album with real bandmembers. he found some, right?

noch auf deutsch, offenbar sprichst du das ja auch besser, und ich kann mich so besser ausdrücken:

ich finde die bloody irish boys eigentlich auch ziemlich gut, was mich daran aber extrem stört ist dieser perfekte sound, weil die meisten instrumente ja vom pc stammen. so perfekt darf irische musik für mich einfach nicht sein. ich HOFFE, sie nehmen mal ein album auf in dem echte bandmitglieder spielen. er hat ja jetzt welche gefunden oder?

Ja das stimmt. I habe ihre cd aber es ist nicht perfekt. Ich werde es manchmal hoeren aber nicht oft. The bloody irish boys kann besser machen und hoffentlich werden sie besser machen.

@Yonderway
    I like Barleyjuice as well. My favorite cd is Another Round. Nothing beats the songs Nancy Drinks Tequila and Dear Richard's Wake and the Scottish Samba.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.