HELP SELECT THE FIRST CLASS OF THE ALTERNATIVE MUSIC HALL OF FAME!

• ROTTEN69 escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 29 Dic 2011, 3:44

HELP SELECT THE FIRST CLASS OF THE ALTERNATIVE MUSIC HALL OF FAME!

If you've heard my portion of Caustivox! affectionately called Rotten Radio, I consider my abode The Future Home of The Alternative Music Hall of Fame. I'm requesting help from you, the last.fm Caustivox! members, to select the initial inductees to The Alternative Music Hall of Fame (which will be abbreviated for brevity to AMHOF). These thirty bands/artists were selected based on criteria you can find here. Out of the thirty listed I just need your top 4. The 4 nominees with the most selections will become the first class of the AMHOF!

Anytime there's a list based on who's better or more important than who, tempers can flare. There's also the fact that some of you might find some of the nominees underserving or that there's an omission (Tears For Fears) but that can be corrected. I'm also requesting that you give me four more nominees for the class of 2012 not included in my original 30. So here they are in list form but if you would prefer a snazzier presentation you can find that here. In what I hope is something resembling alphabetical order here are the 30 nominees:

ABC
    B-52's
    Blondie
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    The Cure
    The Damned
    Depeche Mode
    Devo
    Duran Duran
    Echo & The Bunnymen
    The English Beat
    The Fall
    Gang of 4
    INXS
    The Jam
    Joy Division
    Killing Joke
    Madness
    New Order
    The Pretenders
    The Ramones
    R.E.M.
    The Sex Pistols
    Siouxsie & The Banshees
    The Smiths
    The Specials
    Squeeze
    Wire
    XTC

Send me your selections in a Shoutbox, Private Message or whatever you find convenient. The four inductees will be notified or their selection & they will receive a plaque or something that they'll quickly dispose of! If possible, I'd like to close the selection of the four inductees no later than January 15, 2012. So please have your four selections in to me by then. If you have suggestions for the four new nominees for 2012, those doors will stay open until September of that year.

Thanks to Andrew for suggesting I get this out in this format!

Play your music loud & on real speakers (headphones, ear-buds, & crappy computer speakers are not real)!

Rotten
    • [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 29 Dic 2011, 18:48
    First four for me:

The Ramones
    Sex Pistols
    The Clash
    Blondie

Missing:

Velvet Undergroud
    Iggy and the Stooges
    Nico
    Kraftwerk

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.