Last.fm Desktop Application Beta (2012)

• DanysNet escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Abr 2012, 8:14
    Everytime the app detects an ipod, it starts "ipodscrobbler.exe" - I had 7 of them running. That really needs a fix.

• iOS device detection still really flakey

This is beta software, so things shouldn't be working as they ought. That said, iOS device detection is still not working - every time I connect either my iPhone or my iPod, I have to manually coax the app to discover the device, and it then cheerfully promises to scrobble from now on - but it never does...
    The main reason I stopped using the iTunes scrobbler was that it only managed to scrobble iOS devices about 50% of the time.

I just worries me that the main issue with an otherwise great beta is the same one - iOS device detection and scrobbling. I do most of my music listening through iOS devices.

Last.fm I'm still a subscriber, but please make iOS device scrobbling a top priority on your great new app.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Abr 2012, 8:59
    It seems the last beta is a lot worse than the previous ones. It's still a CPU hog on Mac OS X (why is it constantly using almost 15% CPU with the window closed and no radio playing?) and ipod scrobbling is very unreliable. I think i'm going to downgrade soon...

• It stopped scrobbing at some point yesterday afternoon and missed a number of tracks, both yesterday afternoon and this morning. Today it hasn't scrobbled anything I've listened to (and I've been listening to my radio for nearly 3 hours.) It listed an "Unknown Error" at the top of the Scrobbing tab.

• Skiye escribió...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 19 Abr 2012, 14:54
    i was having that issue with 2.1.14^^ i just updated to 2.1.17 and havent seen that error yet...

cant resize any smaller than about 550x560px?

also, i see the diagnostics are back in the help menu selections, but only for ipod scrobbling? what happened to clear cache, reconnect, etc?
    using beta 2.1.17 on win7 ult x64

edit: also, app doesnt recall last size settings - returns to default size.

Editado por Skiye el 20 Abr 2012, 13:48
    • DoctorT escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Abr 2012, 15:22
    Concerning the suggestion for animated avatars. I dislike them. On the web site I can block them. If you institute them in the client, please include a switch in options to disable the animations. I have no problem with you including animated avatars for those who like them provided said switch is also included.

BTW, I like the way friends who are listening now are highlighted. I just noticed that now.

Music, like language, is universal.
    • thaiskap escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Abr 2012, 17:34

Crash report -

It works just fine when scrobling musics from winamp and windows media.
    But whenever I try to listen RADIO STATIONS it crashes....

Can anyone help me?
    I use WINDOWS 7.

this is what appears when it crashes (It's in portuguese...):

- Assinatura do problema:
    Nome do Evento de Problema:APPCRASH
    Nome do Aplicativo:Last.fm.exe
    Versão do Aplicativo:2.1.17.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo:4f84064b
    Nome do Módulo de Falhas:StackHash_2264
    Versão do Módulo de Falhas:0.0.0.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas:00000000
    Código de Exceção:c0000005
    Deslocamento de Exceção:0200a8ed
    Versão do sistema operacional:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Identificação da Localidade:1046
    Informações Adicionais 1:2264
    Informações Adicionais 2:2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
    Informações Adicionais 3:875f
    Informações Adicionais 4:875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

"Together we stand, divided we fall'
    • ygzsu escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Abr 2012, 17:54

Can't Scrobbing with my iPod Classic

Hi, i have the same issue. Last.fm beta said detected my device, but can't see on the devices tab. And also crashed the .exe. I'm using Windows Vista and 8th Gen. iPod Classic 160GB.

• Snorfle escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 19 Abr 2012, 19:36

can't open app in Windows 7

After install, the app wouldn't come up. I restarted explorer and was able to make app appear though the "loading" icon never went away (so I couldn't use it...and had to quit it because it wasn't responding). I tried uninstall, restarting computer, install, same issue. Old Last fm app installs and works no problem.

• Usuario
    • 20 Abr 2012, 0:05
    Churumbela said:
    It stopped scrobbing at some point yesterday afternoon and missed a number of tracks
    It randomly happens to me too with iTunes, on 7 x64

• natsumana escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Abr 2012, 1:39
    It doesn't scrobble any track using Windows XP SP2. The time counter resets every 8-10 seconds :\

• Usuario
    • 20 Abr 2012, 3:27
    Just stopped scrobbling altogether now. Tried closing and opening.

So main issues for me are:

- Not reading iPod

- Just decided not to scrobble anything anymore.

• Bloopy escribió...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 20 Abr 2012, 4:48
    The client got stuck at the end of Clattering Projections 2 while playing someone's library radio. Pause/play buttons had no effect. I tried skipping to the next track but it was still stuck. Then I tried quitting and the client froze, using 50% CPU (Windows XP on a dual-core processor).

Ended the task, started the client again and it's working fine.

• Usuario
    • 20 Abr 2012, 6:49
    Great. When i go into diagnostics to manually scrobble my iPhone it actually scrobbles the music i listened to in iTunes earlier, *not* the music i listened to on my iPhone.

• Skype integration

Is there a skype integration in this version or will it be implemented?

• MikaMana escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 20 Abr 2012, 8:18

Previous version of audioscrobbler?

There seems to be problem installing the old version of audioscrobbler. An error occured whilte trying to replace the existing file: QtCore4.dll
    Any solution for this?

• Usuario
    • 20 Abr 2012, 11:02
    Will still be possible to change the icon color near the clock?

• Unable to Scrobble on Windows XP SP3 with iTunes 10.6. Anyone else have the same issue?

Time listened to the track goes to 0:06 and then resets to 0:00 so I never reach the 'as' mark.

Aside from that, looks lovely.

• Skiye escribió...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 20 Abr 2012, 15:02
    'now playing' songs appear twice -

not a big deal, just figured i would point it out. pretty consistent for me.

• eandrews53 escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 20 Abr 2012, 17:31

New Desktop App

LOVE IT........LOVE IT........LOVE IT........ ! ! ! Thanks Last.FM (Finally) But well worth the wait.

• rwitte escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 20 Abr 2012, 21:25
    Just had the volume control freeze on me (although all the other controls except mute continued working). Noticed I cannot adjust the volume from the menus (except mute), only from the now playing tab. I had to close restart the client. Running 2.1.17 under windows vista home premium service pack 2.

• Skiye said:
    'now playing' songs appear twice -

not a big deal, just figured i would point it out. pretty consistent for me.

Specifically, the duplication happens when the song reaches its scrobblepoint.

• was wondering what the deal was with scobbling manually managed iPods... but the "Set up Last.fm for your iPod" window just popped up ten minutes later, we'll see where it this goes. The app looks beautiful apart from that, everything I've tried so far has worked perfectly.

• Usuario
    • 21 Abr 2012, 3:25
    Well that worked. I uninstalled and re-installed, now the ipod scrobbling works! Perfect!

• snyde1 escribió...
    • Suscriptor
    • 21 Abr 2012, 4:30
    Unusual situation.

Willie Taylor by The Once played, was scrobbled (apparently) correctly, but it displayed as by The Ones in the player while it played. MP3 ID tags seem fine. Played through winamp.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.