Alice Cooper is hair metal?

• Alice Cooper is hair metal?

Alrighty now, I've heard alot of people calling Alice Cooper "hair metal" or wahtever crap you want to rape Rock 'n' Roll music with. I personally hate hair metal bands although Alice's Cooper's ONE albumthe even came CLOSE to "hair metal" was Trash. The obvious reason for that is obviously the song Poison. Now I am far too lazy and in a good mood so I will not go into a rant about this so-called "hair metal." I just called Rock music.

P.S: What do YOU think the CORRECT genre for Alice's music is?

TfM
    • Johnny_D escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 13 Jul 2006, 19:47
    Alice was hair metal and hair metal was Alice. Just remember - not only Trash is hair metal album, but also Constrictor, Raise Your Fist and Yell and Hey Stoopid! ... and anyway hair metal rocks! :)

• Alice has been quite a few different genres of rock and metal over the years. He's even had touches of pop, new wave, punk, psychedelic (60's), broadway showtunes style, and other non-rock styles in some tracks.

His specific rock/metal genre is pretty much impossible to give without specifying... which year?

Pretties for You, Goes to Hell, Flush the Fashion Trash, Last Temptation, Brutal Planet, The Eyes of Alice Cooper... every one of those albums has an entirely different "genre" that could be applied to it.

He's rarely done more than 2 albums in a row that have a similar style. It's part of the beauty of his music.

As for hair metal, while Trash and Hey Stoopid might qualify in part, I really haven't seen people calling him that.

Nothing in the forums here. He's been tagged with it, but it's a small tag, indicating few people have marked him as such.

My nick, maybe, since I'm leading this group? Not reliable. I love hair metal, but my charts show it's definitely not the only thing I listen to. My first love is hair metal, but I listen to the gamut from AOR (Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Journey) to heavy/thrash (Megadeth, Testament, Anthrax).

So, uh, where's the "a lot of people" calling him hair metal?

• he's been almost EVERY type of rock music... he's even had an elvis style track (Discraceland from Dragontown)

he's even been in a musical O_o

Peel Out!
    from
    Jon
  • I thought Ubangi Stomp (from Lace and Whiskey I think) was Elvis as well?

This space for sale
  • he asked for a correct genre lol... You'll NEVER get a correct genre for the Coop... he's had too many to put in a box he has no specific genre really... he's done rap aswell *Shudders*

Peel Out!
    from
    Jon
  • He did rap? I've only got 5 songs from after Trash (every album before then) so I haven't heard some of his new shit

This space for sale
  • Stand, the final track on Dirty Diamonds, has a rapper (Xibit, host of MTV's "Pimp My Ride") on it, but he doesn't rap himself.

• Johnny_D escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 31 Jul 2006, 6:48
    yeah Stand ... but also on some tracks on Brutal Planet and Dragontown, there Alice don't sing, but "just" say - for example I Just Wanna Be God .... but that's not rap

PS> mbatterham - Coop's new albums are no shit!!! They're greaaaat! IMHO Dragontown and DD are one of three best Alice's albums ever ...

• Johnny_D said:
    there Alice don't sing, but "just" say - for example I Just Wanna Be God

That describes several tracks on "Raise Your Fist and Yell" actually. He's more "saying/screaming" than "singing" most of those tracks.

But since that's one of my all-time fave albums, I'm not complaining. :-P

• Johnny_D said:
    yeah Stand ... but also on some tracks on Brutal Planet and Dragontown, there Alice don't sing, but "just" say - for example I Just Wanna Be God .... but that's not rap

PS> mbatterham - Coop's new albums are no shit!!! They're greaaaat! IMHO Dragontown and DD are one of three best Alice's albums ever ...

ok, I've just heard they suck badly. after I listen to all the Black Sabbath a friend burned me, I'll look into his newer stuff

This space for sale
    • Saf_1 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Sep 2006, 22:39

[spam]

[spam]

'Scuse me while i kiss the sky♫
    Editado por hjbardenhagen el 3 Ene 2011, 16:42
  • Shock Rock isn't a genre per se, it's more rockers that shock people, with no reference to the music. With From the Inside, it is mainly broadway inspiried showtunes, though when performing some of the songs onstage, he still does shock tricks

This space for sale
  • Mmmm.... Watching Paris Hilton be mauled by her little dog during "Wish I Were Born in Beverly Hills" is only a Good Thing(tm). :-P

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 25 Sep 2006, 19:53
    Ah, let's just call it "shock rock" or "horror rock" or something like that. Easier that way.

• grossy2 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 10 Ene 2007, 22:46

Even tho they hail from Arizona,

they, along with Iggy and the MC5, are Detroit Rock!

yeah yeah yeah
    • Usuario
    • 15 Ene 2007, 8:55
    Alice is his own genre.

• I think you could call him alot of things, especially hair metal. He influenced Twisted Sister!

• matteots escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 19 Feb 2007, 21:32
    Alice Cooper is not hair metal. Although he experimented with many different musical styles, you can define it

"Rock and Roll

• BostonBruin said:
    I think you could call him alot of things, especially hair metal. He influenced Twisted Sister!

He influenced NiN, does that make him industrial?

This space for sale
  • Um...

• Usuario
    • 1 Jul 2008, 9:18
    Alice has influanced alot of bands. And he has done alot of different kinds of rock music. Why put him in a genre instead of just calling him Alice Cooper??

• Alice is Alice

Acid Rock, Heavy Metal, Shock Rock, Progressive Rock, Classic Rock, New Wave, he has done all

• Usuario
    • 5 Nov 2011, 0:27
    OFC Alice Cooper is hair metal, he was the pioneer of this genre of music!!! his shows, his makeup, everything in him is HAIR METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Usuario
    • 10 Ago 2013, 19:15

Classic Rocker

I would label Alice more of a Hard Classic Rocker. Just because you have the hair doesn't make you a Hair Metal singer.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.