Foro » General Discussion

What book or books are you reading?

• Katie14 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Nov 2005, 21:59

What book or books are you reading?

I am just curious of what people are reading. So go ahead and tell.

I am reading Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams. It is an excellent book so far.

[url=]

• We had this topic semi-recently:

Reading playlist

• 'Watership Down' and 'Black Beauty' for school.
    'Road Rage' by Ruth Rendell; kinda for school also.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Nov 2005, 22:38
    I'm reading The Little Prince today. Donno what I'll read tommorrow, probably The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - want to read it one more time before I rent the movie.

• bebeloup escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 20 Nov 2005, 22:57
    Salinger, "The Catcher in the Rye" (easy enough to read in English)
    Carson McCullers, "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" (in french)

• I am currently reading

Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

• Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 2:01
    Is there a 50 Cent book yet?

• 50 Cent is literate?

• Niquaidus escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 6:31
    I'm reading Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card. It's got the same problems that Xenocide and Children of the Mind had, way too talky.

Dip cones will drip no matter how they are made.
    • cweetbeat escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 6:39
    I just finished

and it was nothing short of amazing. It is based on the life of a hermaphrodite. I highly recommend it.

Currently I'm rushing to finish

for my comparitive literature class. It isn't doing much for me.

• cakes escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 7:16
    I just read Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini. That is THE pirate book. Fuck Treasure Island. Now, embarassingly enough, I'm reading the second book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.

• Delsaber escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 7:45
    I finished Captain Nemo by K.J. Anderson recently. It's an interesting fictional blend of Jules Verne's biography with the events from his books. Well-told, if somewhat disjointed.

Right now I'm reading The Art of the Impossible by Keith R.A. Candido, a novel in The Lost Era series.

• kobraski escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 10:05
    just finished "boogie-woogie" by... erm... someone. good old brighton library. i'm also halfway through trainspotting (irvine welsh?), a clockwork orange (anthony burgess) and the rachel papers (martin amis)...

all wonderful books. basically.

• Imek escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 10:35
    Verry gradually getting through The Stand by Stephen King. I haven't had the chance to do much reading recently, really.

I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.
    • bdf escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 10:41
    Still plodding my way through Mark Danielewski's House Of Leaves. That book is so freaking tripped out...

A superman came from outer space
    He came to save the human race but then it changed...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 13:31
    I'm reading Dödens pendel by Jonas Moström.

• Gilaventi escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 13:44
    I'ma reading Stalking Horse by John Francome.

I was reading Dead Weight by the same author, but I went home for the weekend and left it there... was a good read too...

• proteusNL escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 14:04
    Dutch Graphic Design 1918-1945

Yeah, only posting this so it makes me look smart ... :-)

Quote me, it makes me feel special | But Nicole's lips bothered me the most
    • piqquam escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 14:11
    I'm reading "Peter no smart no no" by proteusNL.

Ha-ha, not. Seriously, I'm reading John Irving's The Cider House Rules, the English version. I've read it almost a month and I'm only in the page 88.

"Once a lumberjack was about to chop down a tree, when he noticed a heart carved on it, with two names inside. Putting away his axe, he sawed down the tree instead. The point of that story escapes me, although six months later the lumberjack was fined for teaching a dwarf Roman numerals." -Woody Allen
    • Nich16 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 14:25
    Just read "A Clockwork Orange"... bloody amazing! The language is sooooooooooo goofed, and I just love it. I'm off to get the new Terry Practett book "Thud!" this weekend, I love his books. I'm also just grinding through "Sophie's World," which is very cool, but I just can't read lots of philosophy, as it makes me feel small and depressed...

:D

<insert immature remark here>
    • Weazel escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 14:46
    I just finished Arthur C. Clarke's 2001 a space odyssey.
    And now I'm reading Mostly harmless by Douglas Adams.

• Besides assorted political texts (Marx/Engels right now), I'm rereading A Clockwork Orange. It's been a while since I last read it, and I didn't really take it in then. It's well worth it.

• Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 16:21
    just finished my history lesson about russian nihilism movement:

edit: gah, tags.

• mat35 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 16:37

Re:

Quoth akaCallMeKiller:
    'Watership Down' and 'Black Beauty' for school.
    'Road Rage' by Ruth Rendell; kinda for school also.

Me to, but for college... AS Lang/Lit is the shiz. They're both really cool. I also loved "Of Mice and Men" at GCSE level, but I had already read it (and seen the play) before year 10, so I was sorta ahead without trying.

[Edit: Today we were doing the dictionary thing for archaic words, and change in word meaning, and all that. And "phat" is actually in the dictionary, which I though was pretty safe.]

I was choking on a cornflake.
    You said have some toast instead.
    • btc666 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 21 Nov 2005, 18:09
    Guns, Germs & Steel: A Short History of Everybody for the last 13,000 Years by Jared Diamond.

Its for my geography course at university, but its not a bad book, I definitely recommend it :)

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.